Author Topic: FWI Calculator  (Read 3511 times)

Offline youngros

• Contributor
    • Sans Souci Weather
FWI Calculator
« on: August 26, 2014, 03:25:56 AM »
Has anyone managed to get this to work on 64bit Win7? Following what I had done previously and with the test tags all in place I get an error of Weather data files does not contain valid data!
I was using the latest, It think, version of FWI Calc 9.2.4.103 The website now seems to be down so I can't check if there is a later version. It is installed in C:\FWI
It was an interesting piece of software so sorry to see it has possibly come to the end.

Offline erikmm

• Senior Contributor
    • Hørning By Vejr
Re: FWI Calculator
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 02:46:04 PM »
Maybe try to run it in Win XP mode?
Erik M M
---------------
Hørning By Vejr
http://www.danmaach.dk

Offline youngros

• Contributor
    • Sans Souci Weather
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2014, 03:07:20 PM »
Windows 7 Home so no XP mode but that doesn't alter the fact that the problem might be that it is 64bit, I meant to ask them to install the 32bit for this reason but forgot! I can live without. Hopefully someone else may take it on as it seems to have been discontinued by the owner.

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 03:28:04 PM »
I have FWI Calc 9.2.4.103 installed in Windows 8 64 bit, and seems to run ok.  However I have not seen the fire danger arrow move up but then we are not in a fire hazardous area.

Paul

Offline SteveFitz1

• Forecaster
    • Tyler Texas Weather
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2014, 05:19:07 PM »
Has anyone managed to get this to work on 64bit Win7?

I've been running this on Windows 7 32-bit for over a year. Two weeks ago I migrated it to a 64-bit system without a glitch. Still works great.

Offline BCJKiwi

• Forecaster
    • Silver Acorn Weather - N.Z.
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 10:01:07 PM »
Re-reading your original post, it seems FWICalc is running but cannot read the data from your weather software (WL, Cumulus, ??).
Are you absolutely certain that FWICalc is configured to read the correct file location?

Offline youngros

• Contributor
    • Sans Souci Weather
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2014, 03:40:53 AM »
I'm using Weather Display and not Cumulus, could be what is holding it up. As far as I can tell I have the same settings as I had before. A Custom Data file fwi-out.txt which is already set up in the Custom webpage options as fwi-in.txt and fwi-out.txt.
%date%;%temp%;%hum%;%avgspd%;%totalrainlast24hours%
27/08/14;20.1;90;0.7;0.0
so the file is being created but not being read.

Offline BCJKiwi

• Forecaster
    • Silver Acorn Weather - N.Z.
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2014, 06:47:50 AM »
Well I'm not familiar with the setup for WD. The Help system gives the configuration details for WD setup.
However it still seems that the issue is not Win7 64 bit as FWICalc is working and not crashing but the data file is not being read so presumably that is the area that needs working on.

Offline Dr Obbins

• Forecaster
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2014, 07:20:40 AM »
Currently running Win 7 - 64 Bit here Weather Display V10.37 B81. I am a bit confused with what you are trying to do. What is "installed in C:\FWI"? I do not have any files " fwi-in.txt and fwi-out.txt."

Are you trying to get the WD version of FWI to upload? I just turned on the switch in WD. (see attachment)
Are you trying to get the PHP script to run on the website? You may try turning on this switch anyway as it may instruct WD to do the calculations and upload them into the 'clientraw.txt'.

Offline youngros

• Contributor
    • Sans Souci Weather
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2014, 02:25:48 PM »
Thanks BCJKiwi, I will have another read through of the instructions and see what I have missed. No crashing of the program or freezing of anything.
Dr Obbins, it is a stand alone program but the website has gone, so obviously unsupported now. Hopefully someone else may take it on or something similar.
Rosalind

Offline iomkiwi

• Kerikeri Weather Station
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2014, 02:37:29 PM »
Plans are under way to find a new host and support for the program  :-)

Offline JennyLeez

• Wairoa, HB New Zealand Weather
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2014, 06:55:02 AM »
Dr Obbins, it is a stand alone program but the website has gone, so obviously unsupported now. Hopefully someone else may take it on or something similar.
Rosalind
Hi Rosalind,

Website back up and running with the latest beta version released 10.2.1.105
Here is the download page:
http://www.wilddata.org.nz/fwicalc/index.php?page=9&ser=KSX8261R3
Scroll down, samples at the bottom also.
You can get support through the NZ Weather forum here:
http://www.localweather.net.nz/smf/other-software-45/fwi-calculator-software/

Cheers
Jenny
Wairoa, Hawkes Bay, New Zealand Weather Station.
http://wairoa.net/weather/index.htm