Author Topic: steel gauges  (Read 20532 times)

Offline pwdiver

• Beach Area Weather
  • Senior Contributor
  • My 1972 Challenger
Re: steel gauges
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2013, 04:21:16 PM »
I sure like the look of the steel gauges your site looks great. I havent even begun to do anything on my site yet maybe Ill get the hang of it sometime.   :-)

Offline cospringswx

• Forecaster
    • Colorado Springs Weather
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2013, 05:10:15 PM »
I sure like the look of the steel gauges your site looks great. I havent even begun to do anything on my site yet maybe Ill get the hang of it sometime.   :-)

Thanks!

I'm helping a friend with his gauges and I got it all set up for him. Only problem is that the customclientraw.txt file doesn't have any data? Anyone know why?

Ryan 

Colorado Springs, CO
www.cospringsweather.com
Davis Vantage Vue
Weather Display Software
Amcrest HD IP Camera

Offline cospringswx

• Forecaster
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2013, 06:16:23 PM »
I sure like the look of the steel gauges your site looks great. I havent even begun to do anything on my site yet maybe Ill get the hang of it sometime.   :-)

Thanks!

I'm helping a friend with his gauges and I got it all set up for him. Only problem is that the customclientraw.txt file doesn't have any data? Anyone know why?

Got it!  I didn't have the customclientrawlocal.txt in his webfiles folder on WD.  ](*,)

He likes it bright lol.  http://www.unioncitywx.com/gauges-ss.php

Ryan 

Colorado Springs, CO
www.cospringsweather.com
Davis Vantage Vue
Weather Display Software
Amcrest HD IP Camera

Offline tnwxman

• Forecaster
  • KK4QXH
    • Weather for Lebanon, TN 37087
« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2013, 11:46:39 AM »
Hello,

Downloaded the steel gauges. I am using WD so I made the change to the gauges.js. I checked the box in WD for the

To process the customclientrawlocal.txt, in WD you need to:

in control panel, webfiles/web page setup, real time ftp setup
    see the custom client raw file setup...and tick to create that
    make sure the needed customclientrawlocal.txt is in the clientraw folder location

But I do not seeing customclientrawlocal.txt uploading to my website. What am I missing / doing wrong?

I figured out by restarting WD the customeclientraw.txt is uploading. What about customclientrawlocal.txt is that suppose to be uploading. I put a copy in the WD webfiles folder in WD. Not seeing that upload. Is customclientraw.txt the correct file to upload?

Also what is the next step? I see something about changing location but not sure where and how I do that.

The provided HTML files gauges-ssT.htm etc, are designed to be 'processed' by Cumulus before uploading to the web site and renaming as gauges-ss.htm This processing replaces all the tags like <#location> with general information about your station (the station name) in this case.

To use the templates with WD you will have to manually edit the HTML file, and replace each of these tags with information appropriate to you. I suggest you then save the file as gauges-ss.htm

You will also want to replace the Menu bar at the bottom of the HTML page which is specific to the Cumulus sample web pages.

Then what files do I load to my website etc?

Any help would be appreciated.

Bob
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 12:30:48 PM by tnwxman »
Bob
KK4QXH

Offline cospringswx

• Forecaster
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2013, 12:28:58 PM »
Put the customclientrawlocal.txt file in the same folder as customclientrawlocal.txt. Normally the webfiles folder in WD and it should work. If your site has PHP change the name to gauges-ss.php. Hope this helps.

Ryan

Ryan 

Colorado Springs, CO
www.cospringsweather.com
Davis Vantage Vue
Weather Display Software
Amcrest HD IP Camera

Offline cospringswx

• Forecaster
« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2013, 12:39:03 PM »
Attached is my gauges-ss.php file. Feel free to compare to yours. All you need to load to your server is the scripts folder, css folder, and gauges-ss.php. Here is my gauges page.

http://hayskansasweather.com/gauges-ss.php
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 12:40:42 PM by hayskswx »

Ryan 

Colorado Springs, CO
www.cospringsweather.com
Davis Vantage Vue
Weather Display Software
Amcrest HD IP Camera

Offline tnwxman

• Forecaster
  • KK4QXH
« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2013, 12:41:19 PM »
Hi Ryan,

Thanks. I did but I only see customeclientraw.txt uploading to my site. I do not see customeclientrawlocal.txt Did I miss some other step?

Also how do I change the location?

The provided HTML files gauges-ssT.htm etc, are designed to be 'processed' by Cumulus before uploading to the web site and renaming as gauges-ss.htm This processing replaces all the tags like <#location> with general information about your station (the station name) in this case.

To use the templates with WD you will have to manually edit the HTML file, and replace each of these tags with information appropriate to you. I suggest you then save the file as gauges-ss.htm

You will also want to replace the Menu bar at the bottom of the HTML page which is specific to the Cumulus sample web pages.

What file do I load to my website and can they all go in the root directory or do I have to make other changes?

Let me know.

Thanks.

Bob
Bob
KK4QXH

Offline tnwxman

• Forecaster
  • KK4QXH
« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2013, 12:43:18 PM »
Attached is my gauges-ss.php file. Feel free to compare to yours. All you need to load to your server is the scripts folder, css folder, and gauges-ss.php. Here is my gauges page.

http://hayskansasweather.com/gauges-ss.php

Hi Ryan,

We were typing at the same time. Ok let me check out what you sent me. Thank tou for your help. I will let you know.

Bob
Bob
KK4QXH

Offline Randall Kayfes

• Weather - Photography - Astronomy - Computer Admin
  • Forecaster
    • Arizona Kaymann
« Reply #58 on: February 02, 2013, 12:55:52 PM »
The steel gauges are excellent!

Offline tnwxman

• Forecaster
  • KK4QXH
« Reply #59 on: February 02, 2013, 01:13:31 PM »
Hi Ryan,

I used your php and changed the Hays to Lebanon (hope you do not mine..I can change if an issue). Here is my link http://lebanontnwx.org/gauges-ss.php

We are getting there but why are there no gauges showing? Also still do not see the customclientrawlocal uploading to my site. I do see customclientraw.txt loading after I click the check box in WD.

Please advise.

Thanks for the help.

Bob
Bob
KK4QXH

Offline cospringswx

• Forecaster
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2013, 01:23:07 PM »
On my server the customclientrawlocal.txt doesn't have data but the customclientraw.txt does. Are you using the old version? PM me your email and I will send you my scripts folder and copy that to your server to replace the scripts folder you have there now. Do you have the css folder on server? Assuming you have the customclientrawlocal.txt in the WD webfiles folder along with customclientraw.txt right? No problem using my php file. :-) Also I have both customclientrawlocal and customclientraw.txt on my server. Don't know if it's needed there but so be it.

Ryan 

Colorado Springs, CO
www.cospringsweather.com
Davis Vantage Vue
Weather Display Software
Amcrest HD IP Camera

Offline cospringswx

• Forecaster
« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2013, 01:27:28 PM »
Your customclientraw is getting data.I think there is a problem with the css and scripts folders that you have.

http://lebanontnwx.org/customclientraw.txt

Ryan 

Colorado Springs, CO
www.cospringsweather.com
Davis Vantage Vue
Weather Display Software
Amcrest HD IP Camera

Offline tnwxman

• Forecaster
  • KK4QXH
« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2013, 01:37:16 PM »
Hi Ryan,

Just PM'd you. Not sure why the local is not uploading? According to WD when I check that box both local and without local should ceate and upload every 5 seconds. It is only creaing the file without local in the name.
Thanks again for your help.

Bob
Bob
KK4QXH

Offline cospringswx

• Forecaster
« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2013, 01:40:41 PM »
Hi Ryan,

Just PM'd you. Not sure why the local is not uploading? According to WD when I check that box both local and without local should ceate and upload every 5 seconds. It is only creaing the file without local in the name.
Thanks again for your help.

Bob

Email sent. Mine does the same thing.

Ryan 

Colorado Springs, CO
www.cospringsweather.com
Davis Vantage Vue
Weather Display Software
Amcrest HD IP Camera

Offline Weather Display

• Forecaster
    • West Coast Road Weather Data
« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2013, 01:41:39 PM »
the file customclientraw.txt is uploaded to your web site, for the steel gauges
it is created from the file, customclientrawlocal.txt, which has the custom tags in it
there should be a copy of that file in the steel gauges source files
you put that in WD's web files folder

also make sure to edit the steel guages files with notepad.exe and not with wordpad.exe
Brian
info@weather-display.com
http://www.weather-display.com

Offline tnwxman

• Forecaster
  • KK4QXH
« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2013, 01:48:15 PM »
Both files in the webfiles folder in WD. the one without local in the name does not appear to be updating nor is it uploading. The one without local in the name created when I click the check box in WD and is uploading. What am I forgetting to do?
Bob
KK4QXH

Offline cospringswx

• Forecaster
« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2013, 01:52:27 PM »
Both files in the webfiles folder in WD. the one without local in the name does not appear to be updating nor is it uploading. The one without local in the name created when I click the check box in WD and is uploading. What am I forgetting to do?

Mine is the same. You did it right. The customclientraw.txt is created from customclientrawlocal.txt so customclientrawlocal.txt will not have any data. Yours is working and uploading correctly as shown here http://lebanontnwx.org/customclientraw.txt. Did you put the scripts folder on the server that I emailed you?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 01:55:33 PM by hayskswx »

Ryan 

Colorado Springs, CO
www.cospringsweather.com
Davis Vantage Vue
Weather Display Software
Amcrest HD IP Camera

Offline tnwxman

• Forecaster
  • KK4QXH
« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2013, 02:05:51 PM »
Hi Ryan,
Ryan,

Working great! Most Excellent! Thank you.

So what was the difference from what I downloaded today compared to what you had? Not sure why the items I download would not work from the steel gauge website.

In any event it looks to be working just great.

Let me know the difference.

Thanks again!

Bob
Bob
KK4QXH

Offline cospringswx

• Forecaster
« Reply #68 on: February 02, 2013, 02:08:54 PM »
Glad I could help and it looks great!  =D&gt; I honestly don't know Bob. I tried upgrading mine to newest version but couldn't get it working. If you want to change colors etc.. use this page http://www.wilmslowastro.com/steelseries/demoRadial.html and edit the gauges.js file in the scripts folder. You can also choose the updating time as well in the same folder. Mine is set for 10 seconds. I'm using the size of 251 but you can make it whatever size you want.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 02:18:00 PM by hayskswx »

Ryan 

Colorado Springs, CO
www.cospringsweather.com
Davis Vantage Vue
Weather Display Software
Amcrest HD IP Camera

Offline tnwxman

• Forecaster
  • KK4QXH
« Reply #69 on: February 02, 2013, 02:45:13 PM »
Hi Ryan,

A quick question How do I get the dewpoint to be the default setting in the second temperature dial.

Thanks again for all you help.

Bob
Bob
KK4QXH

Offline cospringswx

• Forecaster
« Reply #70 on: February 02, 2013, 02:59:52 PM »
Hi Ryan,

A quick question How do I get the dewpoint to be the default setting in the second temperature dial.

Thanks again for all you help.

Bob

Sorry I have no idea. Maybe someone else can chime in.

Ryan 

Colorado Springs, CO
www.cospringsweather.com
Davis Vantage Vue
Weather Display Software
Amcrest HD IP Camera

Offline tobyspond

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #71 on: February 03, 2013, 07:40:29 AM »
To change app to dew, open the gauges.js file and around line 49 you should see
dewDisplayType    : 'app'                   //Initial 'scale' to display  'dew' - Dewpoint
                                                        // on the 'dewpoint' gauge.   'app' - Apparent temperature
                                                        //                            'wnd' - Wind Chill
                                                        //                            'hea' - Heat Index
                                                        //                            'hum' - Humidex

change 'app' to 'dew'

Kerry

Offline cospringswx

• Forecaster
« Reply #72 on: February 03, 2013, 01:21:34 PM »
Thanks!

Ryan 

Colorado Springs, CO
www.cospringsweather.com
Davis Vantage Vue
Weather Display Software
Amcrest HD IP Camera

Offline tnwxman

• Forecaster
  • KK4QXH
« Reply #73 on: February 03, 2013, 01:40:31 PM »
Hi Kerry,

Thank you.

Bob
Bob
KK4QXH

Offline tobyspond

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #74 on: February 03, 2013, 01:46:38 PM »
You are both welcome.

And Ryan the new version does work, some of the file names have changed so make sure you change your gauges-ss.php to reflect that.  I have it working on my site: www.tobyspondweather.com/gauges-ss.php.  I do have my own names so do not go by those.  The correct version scan be sen at the bottom of the gauges-ss.htm page that is included in the download.

Kerry

anything