Author Topic: Trying to sell Acu-rite stations.  (Read 4148 times)

Offline Skywatch

• !!Warning!! I'm a Skywarn certified storm spotter and insane like one!
  • Forecaster
  • Hakuna Matata (Timon and Pumba)
Trying to sell Acu-rite stations.
« on: November 21, 2011, 06:19:50 PM »
I work at a grocery store (Market Street). Some may have heard of that Texas store chain. We do sell Acu-rite clocks and thermometers like Wal*mart Home Depot and Lowes did before they started carrying the more professional type stations. I like the affordability of the 3 N 1 and the 5 N 1 and I'm shure our customers would like that too. Alot of weather enthusiast where I am. I just need some encouragement that I can show to the Market Street team to convince them. I haven't brought the idea to them but when I do I would like to have some support.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 06:29:53 PM by mckTXaws »
I live in an apartment and for the moment am not a home weather watcher.

I am a storm chaser.

Offline wxtech

• Weather Equipment Technician
  • Forecaster
  • USAF Weather Equipment Maintenance Tech (retired)
    • Lexington, Ga. Weather
Re: Trying to sell Acu-rite stations.
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 07:02:15 AM »
Look at my side-by-side comparison of the Acu-Rite with the Davis VP2 http://www.lexingtonwx.com/comparison.  I had intended to run the comparison for a month.  The VP2 got so far off on Aug 2 & 3 that I had to recalibrate the Davis system.  The Davis temperature data was no longer valid, so I ended the test.  The Acu-Rite remains with no adjustment entered.
The Acu-Rite system was model 01010 with the 5-in-1 sensors, $99 from Walmart and the Davis VP2 retails for several times that.  Looking at the data, you can't tell the difference except the 5-in-1 wind speed is much more sensitive.  The 5-in-1 is now mounted on the same mast with the Davis Vantage Vue.
I have selected the Acu-Rite, which I'll now refer to as VN1TXC, to be the sensor package for the 1st version of the Wxtech Dream Machine.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 03:22:49 PM by wxtech »
Al Washington, Lexington, Ga.,  NWS Coop station=LXTG1, Fischer Porter, SRG, MMTS. 
CoCoRaHS=GA-OG-1. CWOP=CW2074.  Davis VP2+ WLIP 5.9.2, VP(original) serial, VWS v15.00 p02. ImageSalsa, Win7 & Win8 all-in-one.

Offline Skywatch

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 01:46:58 PM »
Okay awesome. At Market Street we sell Acu-rite clocks. With some spare room on the shelf we can fit maybe a thermo/hygro, a forecaster, the 3 N 1, and the 5 N 1 professional station. I'l have to talk to my manager about it. Good words of encouragement make for good buisness.
It shouldn't be much trouble selling from a company we already sell from. I'l drop Rhino a message.

I am a storm chaser.

Offline Skywatch

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 12:39:01 PM »
Well I just sent an email to Market Street asking about selling Acu-rite weather stations. Keep watching this post. I'l keep everyone informed as I recieve information.

I am a storm chaser.

Offline Skywatch

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 10:05:55 PM »
BIG NEWS!!!, Today I ran into the president of United Supermarkets of Market Street. We talked for a while. I told him about the Acu-rite stations. He said he received the email. He forwarded it to the corp sales and marketing dept management. They like it!

Rhino, Soon you guys at Acu-rite may get a phone call or an email from Market Street or United Supermarkets. Market Street is really sounding enthusiastic about it!

I am a storm chaser.

Offline SlowModem

• Weather at the speed of dialup!
  • Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 10:49:10 PM »
BIG NEWS!!!, Today I ran into the president of United Supermarkets of Market Street. We talked for a while. I told him about the Acu-rite stations. He said he received the email. He forwarded it to the corp sales and marketing dept management. They like it!

For those of us that are not knowledgable about things in the central part of the country:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Supermarkets
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline Skywatch

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011, 11:50:57 PM »
We are definitly thinking of selling. Today I was told it would be a while before anything happens. It's definitly looking up.

Have no fear Rhino, I'm not looking for a commition. I do this because I like it. Market Street gives me enough mulla!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 11:52:54 PM by mckTXaws »

I am a storm chaser.