Author Topic: How to start graphs  (Read 3007 times)

Offline Sawwth

• Well the Pole's up!
How to start graphs
« on: April 27, 2008, 09:36:53 AM »
I've just got WeatherLink 5.8.1 loaded and running ok on my pc. I get the summary and bulletin ok. But I can't get info to display on the graphs. Went thru help and still doing something wrong. What could I be over looking? I get an error message saying "Error finding closest records". Might add that I'm not a computer whiz, so it's probably something simple.
Nica.

XP home SP2
IE7

Offline SLOweather

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
    • Weatherelement Moline IL
Re: How to start graphs
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 10:47:20 AM »
Are the dates and times and timezones set accurately on the computer and console? Which console (VP2?)?

Offline Sawwth

• Well the Pole's up!
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 10:57:03 AM »
Yes, and VP2

Offline SLOweather

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
    • Weatherelement Moline IL
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 11:11:22 AM »
What's the archive interval set to, and how long has the console/logger been running?

When you first start Weather Link and then look at Weather Bulletin, does a window popup about downloading the archive?

Offline Sawwth

• Well the Pole's up!
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 07:48:45 AM »
I'm not sure what the archive interval is set to. The unit and logger have been running off and on for a few weeks, and on all the time for about 3 weeks.

I get no popup about downloading the archive.
Thanks

Offline jruys

• Yo
  • Senior Contributor
    • Highlands Ranch Weather
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 09:22:25 AM »
My suggestion would be to unplug everything and power down the console.  Then plug everything back in and see if that fixes your problem.  Also you should compare the date and time on the computer and the console, make sure they match.  One last thing to try before contacting Davis is look to see if there is any downloaded records, there might be a bad one with a date way in the future or something.  If there is, delete that record and see if your station downloads.  If it still does not work contact Davis, you might have a bad datalogger.

Offline Sawwth

• Well the Pole's up!
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2008, 08:41:31 AM »
Thanks.....the unplug...replug did the trick. Thanks for the help. Boy do I have a lot to learn!
Nica.