Author Topic: Alexa and Weather Link Skill with my VP2  (Read 1097 times)

Offline DrBobDavisV2

Alexa and Weather Link Skill with my VP2
« on: December 30, 2018, 10:23:04 PM »
I really like having Alexa confirm what is being reported...Easy to set-up although I am having trouble getting Alexa to open the skill by saying, "Alexa, open Weather Link".  The majority of the time it gives my local weather vice from my VP2 90 miles away.  I've been getting around this rather cumbersomely by asking Alexa my Skills, opening my Weather Link, and then asking for the current

I really like the new skill for Weather Link in my Alexa App.  Real easy to set-up.  Problem is Alexa normally gives me the current weather conditions for where I live, not where my VP2 is located, 90 miles away.

It's a bit cumbersome but I've been getting around this issue by asking Alexa what my Skills are.  She counts down and gets to the Weather Link Skill.  She then asks if I want to open the skill.  I agree and ask for the current conditions.  This has proved to be fool proof so far but also very cumbersome.

Anyone having this issue and found a better solution?

Next up...Having Alexa announce the conditions at pre-determined times.  Coffee maker starts to percolate and 5 minutes later Alexa chimes in with the current weather conditions.  Like-wise, looking forward to Alexa soon announcing when my Anny hits a certain windspeed, ISS records a certain temp, rain rate, off-line etc.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 10:32:58 PM by DrBobDavisV2 »

Offline DrBobDavisV2

Offline cbull23

• Student - Meteorology PSU 2022
    • Weather Underground
Re: Alexa and Weather Link Skill with my VP2
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2018, 03:57:23 PM »
Having same issue, but it isn't giving me the data from my VP2 and IT IS located at my house. It is using data from elsewhere and I can't figure out why. I have proper account linking, but refuses to use the data from my VP2.
My Sites
WU: KNJMONTV22
CWOP: FW2458
PWS: KNJMONTV22
NWS: FW2458

Offline wxmanmhd

• FM Weather
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2018, 06:02:28 PM »
Anyone know if WeatherLink works with Goggle Mini?

Offline catdon

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2019, 03:38:58 AM »
Having same issue, but it isn't giving me the data from my VP2 and IT IS located at my house. It is using data from elsewhere and I can't figure out why. I have proper account linking, but refuses to use the data from my VP2.
I have found that I have to ask..." Alexa ask weatherlink for current conditions" If I say it a little differently it wont give my station.
Don
Staten Island, NY

anything