Author Topic: Aculink Bridge reception problems  (Read 2283 times)

Offline jkg1991

Aculink Bridge reception problems
« on: January 29, 2014, 06:32:17 PM »
I recently purchased an aculink internet bridge, a color weather station and an additional tower sensor.   My plans for this are to remotely monitor indoor and outdoor temps at a second home.   I'm getting it all set up and that was simple.  The weather station displays the indoor temp as expected and the outdoor sensor as expected.  The signal strength shown on the weather station for the outdoor sensor is 4 bars, very strong.  It is only about 30 feet away through one wall.

I have the aculink bridge setup and registered and have an account created on the aculink site.

The problem is that the bridge doesn't pick up the sensors unless they are very close,  less then 10 feet away.   The outdoor sensor is only 30 feet away and doesn't get picked up at all.   The indoor sensor is about 6 feet away in the same room and it only shows a strength of 1 bar on the aculink site.

I have moved the bridge to several different locations.  There are no major appliances or electronics nearby.  The distance is well under the 330ft stated range.  There are no masonry or stone walls.

Has anyone else had problems with the bridge not picking up sensors that a weather station can easily pick up?    I would have expected the receiver on the bridge to be better than the receiver on the weather station.  From my experience it doesn't work.

I have emailed acurite and have not yet had any response.  If I don't get this working well soon I'm going to return the entire setup and look for something different.

Any help or ideas is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Offline tandy1000

• Contributor
Re: Aculink Bridge reception problems
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2014, 06:42:14 PM »
You might have a better response from Acurite if you post to their community at support.acurite.com. If you know your bridge's IP address, you can check signal strengths and firmware versions. For reference, mine reports an Application Version of 126, and a boot firmware of 104.

Offline jkg1991

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 08:16:51 PM »
thanks for the reply.   I also have an Application Version of 126, and a boot firmware of 104.

I tried to post to the acurite support site.  Whenever I click the Login or Sign up options in the upper right of the page I get a pop up that says:

"Welcome Back!  We've sent you a verification code. Please check your email for this code, and enter it below to login."

I haven't been able to sign-up on that forum. So they haven't sent me an email with a verification code.....  Stuck!!

Offline tandy1000

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 09:50:05 PM »
Hmm that is unfortunate. And the verification didn't get into your spam folder? I know they are a bit slow to respond to email; I suppose you could try calling them. The distance you're getting is definitely not normal. My bridge is in my basement, and I'm picking up my 5N1 and even my neighbors 3N1, and multiple tower sensors. Not that I have a large property, but it is going through multiple walls/floors.

I even have other 433mhz devices (Oregon Scientific sensors) in my house and they remain unaffected. Hopefully they can just replace your bridge and you'll be in business.