Author Topic: wxtrends.php  (Read 1055 times)

Offline yamiacaveman

• Forecaster
    • Penn Lake Weather
wxtrends.php
« on: July 26, 2018, 06:52:34 AM »
http://www.pennlake.us/

http://www.pennlake.us/wxtrends.php

Hi,

I just noticed in my "weather Trends" page that the rain for the Month and year are not showing up. Any ideas on where to start looking to correct this problem.

Never really paid attention to that section, so I don't know if it is recent or from??

Thanks for any help,

yamiacaveman

Records and Stats
RAIN   RAIN HISTORY
Today   0.00 in (0.00 in last hour)   Today   0 days since last rain on 25-Jul-2018 11:26pm
Yest.   1.18 in   Week   5.280 in over last 7 days.
Month   6.09 in (11 rain days this month)   Month   0.00 in last month.
Year   28.22 in ( 110 rain days this year)   Year   0.00 in total last year at this time.

Offline lddaly

• Forecaster
Re: wxtrends.php
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 11:51:02 AM »
Our testtags.php currently shows 0.00 as well. Maybe a Weather Display bug or the fields have been deprecated?

$raintodatemonthago = '0.00';
$raintodateyearago = '0.00';

Offline yamiacaveman

• Forecaster
    • Penn Lake Weather
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2018, 04:32:46 PM »
I see we are running different versions of weather display, I guess I will go over to the WD forum and ask?

Thanks for your reply.

Offline gwwilk

• Southeast Lincoln Weather
  • Forecaster
    • SouthEast Lincoln, NE Weather
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2018, 08:06:56 AM »
Brian over on Weather-Watch explained that this value is 'to this day last month', not 'in last month'.  The 'in' is the UOM, not a preposition.

I've modified my 'WD-trends-inc.php' at line 298 from (in context):
Code: [Select]
$dayswithrain!=1?langtrans('rain days this month'):langtrans('rain day this month'); ?>)</td>
<td><?php echo langtrans('Month'); ?></td>
<td><?php echo unUnit($raintodatemonthago) . $uomRain?> <?php langtrans('last month'); ?>. </td>
to
Code: [Select]
$dayswithrain!=1?langtrans('rain days this month'):langtrans('rain day this month'); ?>)</td>
<td><?php echo langtrans('Month'); ?></td>
<td><?php echo unUnit($raintodatemonthago) . $uomRain?> <?php langtrans('- to 12 AM this day last month'); ?>. </td>
in order to help clarify the issue.  Brian will have to worry about clarifying WD's 'Trends' page, if at all.

Specifying the exact time when rain to this day last month is updated as 12 AM clarifies why nothing ever appears here on the first of any month.
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline yamiacaveman

• Forecaster
    • Penn Lake Weather
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2018, 09:22:46 AM »
Thanks Jerry and Thanks Brian for the clarification!!!

I used your code Jerry and it works for me --Thanks!!!!!!! -------- at least now there is an explanation for definition for that value.

yamiacaveman

Offline lddaly

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2018, 11:12:58 AM »
yamiacaveman, you had rain of .01 on July 2, but your trends page still shows 0.00 for last month at this day. Keep an eye on it as the month progresses. When I posted on 7/26, $raintodatemonthago was reporting 0.00 and should have been 2.12". Go to your Trends page in Weather Display and click refresh to see if it updates.

Offline gwwilk

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2018, 11:25:24 AM »
yamiacaveman, you had rain of .01 on July 2, but your trends page still shows 0.00 for last month at this day. Keep an eye on it as the month progresses. When I posted on 7/26, $raintodatemonthago was reporting 0.00 and should have been 2.12". Go to your Trends page in Weather Display and click refresh to see if it updates.
Maybe it should say ' to 12 AM yesterday last month'?  It seems like this is how it works.  My 1 July 2018 0.32 in rain didn't appear until today, August 3.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 11:29:11 AM by gwwilk »
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline lddaly

• Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2018, 11:33:48 AM »
I still think there is a Weather Display bug. I just pulled up a site randomly from another thread that was having a different problem... http://www.joesweather.info/wxtrends.php shows 0.00 for month and year; however, the site reports rain on July 1 of 0.47"... http://www.joesweather.info/wxhistory.php?date=201807

Offline gwwilk

• Forecaster
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2018, 12:48:01 PM »
I still think there is a Weather Display bug. I just pulled up a site randomly from another thread that was having a different problem...

Add to the thread I referenced in my previous post to see what Brian has to say.
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline yamiacaveman

• Forecaster
    • Penn Lake Weather
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2018, 02:21:01 PM »
I see what Iddaly is saying cause I also have number in my history

But ----- is that another interpretation thing!!!!!!

1 July Average and Extremes
          Rainfall for month   0.47 in.

Is that the rainfall for the month -- or the Average and Extreme for all past months in July since the station has records???

I would love to continue this but I am heading out for a few days.

Thanks for your help all!!

Offline yamiacaveman

• Forecaster
    • Penn Lake Weather
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2018, 08:13:56 AM »
Ok my last attempt - and perhaps it is me, and I will never understand, but this is what I see:

Today as since the first of this month of August 2018 and also for the previous month my "Weather Trends" page has this
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Month   0.00 in - to 12 AM this day last month.

If I look at  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

You will see that I have had rain on different days but still and since the 1st of the month every day I see the 0.00

Again unless I am missing something, i am not the only one experiencing this problem -- for some it seems like it is working for other not.

I tried to post this over on the WD forum, but it would not allow me to attach.

Offline yamiacaveman

• Forecaster
    • Penn Lake Weather
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2018, 10:22:18 AM »
Oh and thanks Jerry for the direction on that line of text - I changed it again to, Weather Display bug not being addressed, lol.