Author Topic: New member  (Read 2480 times)

Offline Shaw55

• Contributor
« on: April 19, 2010, 12:23:34 PM »
I finally ordered a rain gauge from "weather for you", joined CoCoRaHS and received a nice welcome letter from Nolan at Colorado State University. In about another week I should be a formal member of the 7:00am club. :grin: Eegads, is this a sign of old age? What's next, the purchase of a rocker for the front porch?

Richard
Richard
CWOP DW4847
CoCoRaHS MA-BE-4
Davis Vantage Vue, Weatherlink 6.0.3

Offline SlowModem

• Weather at the speed of dialup!
  • Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 12:51:57 PM »
I finally ordered a rain gauge from "weather for you", joined CoCoRaHS and received a nice welcome letter from Nolan at Colorado State University. In about another week I should be a formal member of the 7:00am club. :grin: Eegads, is this a sign of old age? What's next, the purchase of a rocker for the front porch?

Richard

If you get the chair and gauge positioned right, you can sit on the porch and watch it fill up!  :)

I'll be glad when I get a porch built!  I sure do miss sitting on the porch swing watching the grass grow and the birds at the feeders.  It is very relaxing.
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline Shaw55

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 02:27:23 PM »

If you get the chair and gauge positioned right, you can sit on the porch and watch it fill up!  :)

I'll be glad when I get a porch built!  I sure do miss sitting on the porch swing watching the grass grow and the birds at the feeders.  It is very relaxing.

Of course I was joking with my remark and on a more serious note, I agree with you. It is very relaxing to just sit and observe and for my wife and I, to take a hike and observe. We both grew up in Chicago and lived 30 years of our lives there. We feel blessed every day to be now living in a country setting in western Massachusetts.

Richard
Richard
CWOP DW4847
CoCoRaHS MA-BE-4
Davis Vantage Vue, Weatherlink 6.0.3

Offline Downlinerz2

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 04:50:25 PM »
Richard,
   I love making CoCoRaSH observations every morning.  I don't think it is a sign of aging at all.  Just like sitting in a chair and watching the birds, or the rain, that is time well spent in my book.
   Enjoy!!!
     Mark

anything