Author Topic: Does 6555 can be hard reset to default configuration?  (Read 370 times)

Offline Poloh

Does 6555 can be hard reset to default configuration?
« on: March 07, 2019, 06:54:03 AM »
One of my friends replaces his logger communication port from port 22222 to port 80, this overlaid 6555 web interface port and cause we can not process it’s configuration via browser anymore.

I have tried to update 6555 firmware to 1.1.3 but nothing change, usually, some similar devices may reset their setting to default after performing a firmware updated, but 6555.

It’s impossible to process configuration via port 80 by browser now.

Local software WeatherLink still working (with port 80), but unable upload date to weatherlink.com, he may not check “Upload to weatherlink.com” box before change port.

Any solution? advise please, thanks,
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 07:12:12 AM by Poloh »

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
Re: Does 6555 can be hard reset to default configuration?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2019, 07:04:11 AM »
I am not aware of any solution - resetting the network port to 80 is unfortunately the one thing you absolutely must not do with any IP logger.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline WiFiLogger

• Forecaster
Re: Does 6555 can be hard reset to default configuration?
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2019, 05:02:14 PM »
When you take off label from bottom of IP logger, there are two points/connectors/holes in rubber.
Looks like service connectors. (Power you should deliver by console socket.)
I don't know what they do. They should have hard reset function, but It can be also serial programming interface.
Maybe JohnD will be brave enough to ask Davis what they for?