Author Topic: New Generation 5in1 very accurate on temp/humidity  (Read 972 times)

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
New Generation 5in1 very accurate on temp/humidity
« on: October 25, 2018, 09:15:36 AM »
I bought a new 5 in 1. It is used from ebay, but a new generation with the replaceable thermo hygro sensor. It has only one solar panel, but is spot on with temperature, where my 4 year old sensor was off several degrees, especially in cold weather, it would read way too low at night, and a little high in the day. The humidity is also not way high when the fan is on. So far, this one is exactly the same as my beta Atlas. I did see the wind cups get stuck one time, like they are stiff, so some lube will likely be needed, and I will check the rain gauge this weekend.
Have any of you got this model? Is it accurate for you?

Offline daman

• Forecaster
Re: New Generation 5in1 very accurate on temp/humidity
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 09:40:33 AM »
I don't believe yours is that new mine also has the replaceable Thermo sensor and mine is over 2 years old it's better it's anywhere from 0 to 2 degrees higher than surrounding stations and it's the Pro 5 in 1 with the Dual solar panels. I'm still on the original fan I do take it down and clean it and do maintenance on it and give the shaft of the motor a couple drops of three in one household oil it's been trouble free since new
KMIBADAX38
AcuRite Iris/AcuRite Access

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2018, 10:33:20 AM »
I saw 2015 on a board inside the 5 in 1, so it could be a couple of years old. Also I doubt it ever worked right for the original owner, since the housing looks nice and bright still. They must have given up on it.

I think Nincehelser posted some photos a while back of this new model, probably a year ago at least by now of when he shared them.

Offline daman

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2018, 11:08:15 AM »
Next time I have mine opened up I'll have to pay attention to the date on the board I never thought of looking a couple months ago when I had it down, I was very pleased when I originally opened it up and seen that the thermo sensor was replaceable so like you I knew I had one of the newer updated units but when they actually were updated who knows I guess
KMIBADAX38
AcuRite Iris/AcuRite Access

Offline Ravenbear

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2018, 03:13:24 PM »
I find mine very accurate here in Maine this is the second winter for it..

Offline WXman

• Stormdawg
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2018, 07:28:22 AM »
After I gave it several hours outside to acclimate (it had been inside my house for a while) my 5-n-1 ended up settling in VERY close to my VP2 station.  The difference is <1°F between the two stations now, and my humidity values are within a few percent also.  Additionally, wind is reporting the same between the two stations.  I'm very impressed so far.
B.S. in Meteorology/Climatology

38.01977N, 84.83486W
Davis Vantage Pro 2 wireless station
AcuRite 5-n-1 w/ WiFi reporting to WU

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2018, 08:24:23 AM »
I'm happy with mine that I bought broken on E-bay. A little soldering and it's working great. The thermometer is 1 F high by day, and 1 F low by night, but that is very good IMO compared to other brands. The rain gauge works more accurately than any I have, even the Atlas! The wind speed IMO is a little low, but software can compensate for that... Also I had to put some dry graphite on this new one like I have on my old one, it seemed to be sticking when the fan was off in the evenings... since then it has been turning nicely.