Author Topic: WXSpots - We're still here! :)  (Read 7250 times)

Offline skysummit

• Forecaster
    • StormCast
Re: WXSpots - We're still here! :)
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2017, 10:22:27 AM »
I have no problem with it and use it all the time.

Enjoy,
Paul

Well Paul apparently you never read my post. I said I can't even set it up. I downloaded the .exe and when you click on that there is a form to fill out. If there is an error in the form you are kicked out and then have to go back but it doesn't tell you what the error was. So at this point it won't even install on my computer. So, tell me how to do it.

It's not my software so unfortunately I'm unable to diagnose the coding side.  This software was written many years ago by a well known HAM radio operator.  Usage has been up and down over the years.  The author had decided he no longer wanted to support the software so I volunteered to run it here on a small server.  That's where it still resides now.  Sorry I can't be of any help, but I've never had a problem with it either.  The only time the login box gave me an error was when I was already logged in.  Once that log in box is filled out, you do not need to fill it out ever again.
Hardware:  Acurite Atlas with Lightning Detector
CoCoRaHs Station: LA-TG-11

NWS's Ponchatoula/Hammond Area's COOP Member
President | Director of Operations - StormCast

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Re: WXSpots - We're still here! :)
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2017, 10:24:32 AM »
Oh I read your post, more than once!  For me it was quite easy to setup.

Rather than immediately trash talk I would first have asked for help.  However I am not the one that can provide help. 
It is an older program and unfortunately very view ongoing users at the moment, but works for me and I enjoy it, especially when there is some very active weather that participants are reporting - tornadoes, floods...

Enjoy,
Paul