Author Topic: uninteresting problem  (Read 1772 times)

Offline Eno

uninteresting problem
« on: March 13, 2017, 09:39:17 PM »
I know WU had issues a couple days ago, but I'm pretty sure this is unrelated: WS-1001 working fine for two years, yesterday, today, started losing the network connection.  Unplug power to the panel, restores network connection, signal strong, about ten minutes later lost connection again.  Happened three times in the last 24 hours.

Offline gillesroszak

• Contributor
  • Qui trop écoute la météo, passe sa vie au bistrot.
    • meteokerbach
Re: uninteresting problem
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 08:01:40 AM »
Hi,

Same problem for me yesterday and today with aercus weather ranger (Ws1001 clone)
Did you find a solution ?

Offline dupreezd

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 08:25:27 AM »
There might be a new device close by transmitting on the same frequency. Even a nearby wireless access point might cause the problem.
Try moving your equipment, even a few inches will make a difference.

To check for wireless devices, you can use Vistumbler.
Davis VP2 6163 | WiFi Logger
CWOP - FW0717
Blitzortung 2100

Offline weather34

• Forecaster
    • https://weather34.com/homeweatherstation
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2017, 08:26:21 AM »
i had this issue two years ago , I resolved the issue as I determined that there were too many nearby devices within our home using the router that the WS1001 would get knocked out or lost as it was sending out weaker wifi signal .  two things I first positioned the WS1001 right next to the router that resolved it however it was nigh on impossible to read the data on the console display due its positioning and the router was positioned out of sight ..

so I had a cheap old router laying around and basically set that up as separate secondary router connected to the main router via LAN cable ..ive tried to create a mockup below

but safely say I have never had anymore dropouts !.. its not a guarantee but may be worth a look if you have an old cheap router laying around if not the wifi antenna in the console is just piece of wire well in mine it is ! ...brian

« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 08:29:43 AM by weatherist34 »

Offline gillesroszak

• Contributor
  • Qui trop écoute la météo, passe sa vie au bistrot.
    • meteokerbach
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2017, 08:32:56 AM »
Thanks guys for all  your replies. For now I just reenter my Password and it seems to have resolved the problem?????
I 'll wait and see

anything