Author Topic: Here's my Setup in Sun Prairie Wisconsin  (Read 4100 times)

Offline Andy G

• Forecaster
    • SunPrairieWeather.com
Here's my Setup in Sun Prairie Wisconsin
« on: October 09, 2012, 08:54:58 AM »
Here's my setup I started about 4 years ago and this is where I ended up. The HP Computer in the second picture runs all my weather programs. I use the dell computer to run the HP computer via Remote Desktop Control.

Link for backyard Cam shown in first picture here http://www.sunprairieweather.com/wx_backyard_webcam_large.php
Link for Feeder Cam shown in first picture here http://www.sunprairieweather.com/wx_feedercam.php

Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
~Einstein

SunPrairieWeather.com
Davis VP2 24 FARS

Offline wxtech

• Weather Equipment Technician
  • Forecaster
  • USAF Weather Equipment Maintenance Tech (retired)
    • Lexington, Ga. Weather
Re: Here's my Setup in Sun Prairie Wisconsin
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 09:59:55 AM »
A nice place you got there.  Impressive eqpt and station software.  I like those steel gauges, even gas prices.  I can't find your CoCoRaHS station information. 
Al
Al Washington, Lexington, Ga.,  NWS Coop station=LXTG1, Fischer Porter, SRG, MMTS. 
CoCoRaHS=GA-OG-1. CWOP=CW2074.  Davis VP2+ WLIP 5.9.2, VP(original) serial, VWS v15.00 p02. ImageSalsa, Win7 & Win8 all-in-one.

Offline Andy G

• Forecaster
    • SunPrairieWeather.com
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 10:05:34 AM »
A nice place you got there.  Impressive eqpt and station software.  I like those steel gauges, even gas prices.  I can't find your CoCoRaHS station information. 
Al

Hi Al Im not up on the CoCoRaHS station information whats the deal?

Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
~Einstein

SunPrairieWeather.com
Davis VP2 24 FARS

Offline wxtech

• Weather Equipment Technician
  • Forecaster
  • USAF Weather Equipment Maintenance Tech (retired)
    • Lexington, Ga. Weather
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2012, 10:41:35 AM »
http://www.cocorahs.org/
To quote from their site: to measure precipitation in the backyards of citizens from the Atlantic to the Pacific.  It's easy to join, takes only five minutes a day and is a fun way to learn about this wonderful natural resource that falls from the sky.  We are striving to have 30,000-40,000 active observers by the end of 2013 which will give us an ever clearer picture of the amount of precipitation that falls in our backyards.
Automated electronic rain gauges aren't accurate enough for CoCoRaHS, must be their 4 inch professional plastic gauge.  About $30.  It's for everybody who has a deck or a yard with a (fence) post. 
The rain, hail, snow measurements are used by the media and the scientific community because our data is more credible.  We all use the same instrument and have been trained before submitting data.  We make a gauge reading every day to report zeros, no rain or our daily rain accumulations to the nearest 0.01".  Snow measurements also.  It's for people like you who wish to benefit your community with accurate precipitation reports.  Now covers all 50 states and parts of Canada.
Al Washington, Lexington, Ga.,  NWS Coop station=LXTG1, Fischer Porter, SRG, MMTS. 
CoCoRaHS=GA-OG-1. CWOP=CW2074.  Davis VP2+ WLIP 5.9.2, VP(original) serial, VWS v15.00 p02. ImageSalsa, Win7 & Win8 all-in-one.

Offline joelavdude

• Psalm 103:2
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 10:58:21 PM »
Very nice,

May I ask, what do you use for the feeder cam?

Cheers & Blessings,
Joel

Offline Andy G

• Forecaster
    • SunPrairieWeather.com
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 12:39:49 AM »
Very nice,

May I ask, what do you use for the feeder cam?

Cheers & Blessings,
Joel

Hi Joel

I have a Panasonic BL-C140A for both my backyard cam and feeder cam it is a outdoor camera but I put the Feeder cam in a electrical box enclosure for extra protection as it is directly exposed to the weather.

Thanks for the comment Andy
~Einstein

SunPrairieWeather.com
Davis VP2 24 FARS

Offline William Grimsley

• Forecaster
    • Newton Poppleford Weather
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2012, 02:18:24 AM »
Nice setup! :D
http://www.newton-poppleford-weather.co.uk
Davis Vantage Vue - Cumulus v1.9.4 (1084)
Weather Underground: IDEVONEX12
Met Office WOW: 717144
PWS Weather: ENG128597

Offline floodcaster

• Forecaster
    • Goose Lake Weather
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2012, 07:45:38 AM »
As a weather nut...er enthusiast :lol: and a birder I really like your setup! How close is your camera to your feeder?  Great looking web page as well.
Bill

Offline Andy G

• Forecaster
    • SunPrairieWeather.com
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2012, 09:13:24 AM »
As a weather nut...er enthusiast :lol: and a birder I really like your setup! How close is your camera to your feeder?  Great looking web page as well.

Hi Bill

Its probably about 1.5 feet from the front of the camera enclosure to the closest part of the feeder I can post a better picture if you wold like just let me know.

Andy
~Einstein

SunPrairieWeather.com
Davis VP2 24 FARS

anything