Author Topic: Nearby Weather Stations List Now Showing Very Few Stations  (Read 1088 times)

Offline Maverick3837

Nearby Weather Stations List Now Showing Very Few Stations
« on: March 15, 2019, 02:40:03 AM »
Anyone else notice that their Nearby Weather Stations List is showing way less stations? Before I noticed this, my list would show at least 15-20 stations, now it's only showing 2. Is it just mine, or has anyone else noticed this?

Offline WSWeather

• Forecaster
Re: Nearby Weather Stations List Now Showing Very Few Stations
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 01:03:36 PM »
It comes and goes.  I usually have about a dozen and they are all there right now, but sometimes there aren't any at all.

It's not you, it's WU!

Offline KD8DWO

• Frog pond
    • Wunderground History
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2019, 01:18:45 PM »
All the uncalibrated poorly sited stations are gone.

Hopefully for good...
Knacht

Offline jerryg

• Forecaster
  • weather is never boring
    • victoria texas weather
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2019, 02:24:08 PM »
I haven't had any near by stations for several days now and when i was over on my site i had a message pop up that things will be up and down while they are changing over to some new programming stuff, so maybe things will get back to normal after they get through messing around with the upgrades.

Offline jerryg

• Forecaster
  • weather is never boring
    • victoria texas weather
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2019, 02:34:45 PM »
Well just checked and found out if i wait about 30 seconds i get one station to show and it is a different one nearly every time plus most are over 50 miles away lol. Sort of like playing a slot machine and waiting for the lemons to show  :grin:

Offline havtrail

• Senior Contributor
    • Haverford Weather Station
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2019, 04:44:34 PM »
Where does one find the "Nearby Weather Stations" list? Do you need to be logged in to WU?

Rich K.
Onset HOBO RX2102 Cellular
https://www.havtrail.com/weather/
NEWA https://newa.cornell.edu Haverford, PA

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2019, 05:13:15 PM »
Where does one find the "Nearby Weather Stations" list? Do you need to be logged in to WU?

Rich K.

No need to be logged in. You pull up a station on WU. then you click on the "Forecast for City Name, State" link. This takes you to the forecast page. Then when you scroll to the bottom of the page you'll see Nearby Weather Stations section.

You can also go more direct for any city and just enter a city name in the Search Locations at the top of the page...this takes you directly to the forecast page for that city.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 05:15:13 PM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline havtrail

• Senior Contributor
    • Haverford Weather Station
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2019, 08:18:39 PM »
Thanks, galfert! I notice that clicking on forecast takes me to the nearest "official" station (in my case Philadelphia International Airport), and the nearby stations are then those that are nearby that "official" station, not my PWS. I was curious why you would need a list of stations near your own PWS when the radar map already shows them.

By the way, when I follow your directions and go to the bottom of the page, I get 2 PWS stations listed. If, instead, I click on "Change" in the heading at the top of the forecast page, I get 4 listed local PWS stations up there. Then, scrolling to the bottom again, these 4 now are listed instead of the 2. Quirky...

Rich K.
Onset HOBO RX2102 Cellular
https://www.havtrail.com/weather/
NEWA https://newa.cornell.edu Haverford, PA

Offline Maverick3837

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2019, 11:36:02 PM »
By the way, when I follow your directions and go to the bottom of the page, I get 2 PWS stations listed. If, instead, I click on "Change" in the heading at the top of the forecast page, I get 4 listed local PWS stations up there. Then, scrolling to the bottom again, these 4 now are listed instead of the 2. Quirky...

Rich K.

It works, havtrail! If you change the zoom level on the "Change" map, the stations show up on the bottom "Nearby Weather Stations List." That is really weird!! lol
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 11:37:50 PM by Maverick3837 »

anything