Author Topic: Meteotemplate - new free website template  (Read 627387 times)

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
Meteotemplate
« Reply #7600 on: August 18, 2017, 09:06:17 AM »
Hi guys,

Block Update - Indoor 7.0
- added today´s min/max

Also, please note, that I no longer post about every single update here on this forum, to see all recent updates please subscribe to the MT Blog or my personal Twitter account

Enjoy

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
Re: Meteotemplate - new free website template
« Reply #7601 on: August 20, 2017, 01:13:42 PM »

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
Meteotemplate - forum
« Reply #7602 on: August 24, 2017, 05:11:40 AM »
Hi guys,
as most of you probably have noticed already, I decided to create a dedicated forum for Meteotemplate because it will make things more organized and easier (although there are disadvantages of this as well, for example the time it takes to admin :D).

Just over the last 4 days since launch there is now close to 100 users and 300 posts so I take it it was worth it.

There are also general topics being discussed so if anyone wants to join, regardless of whether you are or are not a Meteotemplate user, you are of course welcome.

With regards to this forum - I will still watch it and post, I will not lock this topic, but I will not post about every update/new stuff, probably just major things. If you are an MT user, you really need to watch the Blog, that is the most important source of information.

FORUM: http://www.meteotemplate.com/forum/

Enjoy

Offline pimohdaimaoh

• Forecaster
  • "Be aware to our nature"
    • PIMOHWEATHER
Re: Meteotemplate - forum
« Reply #7603 on: August 27, 2017, 12:01:18 AM »
Hi guys,
as most of you probably have noticed already, I decided to create a dedicated forum for Meteotemplate because it will make things more organized and easier (although there are disadvantages of this as well, for example the time it takes to admin :D).

Just over the last 4 days since launch there is now close to 100 users and 300 posts so I take it it was worth it.

There are also general topics being discussed so if anyone wants to join, regardless of whether you are or are not a Meteotemplate user, you are of course welcome.

With regards to this forum - I will still watch it and post, I will not lock this topic, but I will not post about every update/new stuff, probably just major things. If you are an MT user, you really need to watch the Blog, that is the most important source of information.

Enjoy

keep it up, I will wait for the final assembly of your template then thats the time I will request for a copy ^^

-Mike-

Offline Johnny 5

• Just a hobby
    • Watford Weather
« Reply #7604 on: August 27, 2017, 03:42:52 AM »
Hi Mike,

I don't think there will be a final version of Meteotemplate - there are several version updates every year. Jachym continues to update and improve it all the time. There'll always be something that can be tweaked or improved or even automated. So when you're ready drop him an email and ask if you may download the template - I'm sure you'll enjoy setting it up and designing your own unique home page.

John

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #7605 on: August 27, 2017, 05:11:39 AM »
Hi guys,

Enjoy

keep it up, I will wait for the final assembly of your template then thats the time I will request for a copy ^^

-Mike-

Not sure what you mean to be quite honest, my template has been available for over 2 years now

Offline jeffm5690

• Forecaster
    • Long Island New York Weather
« Reply #7606 on: August 27, 2017, 04:34:27 PM »
Hi guys,

Enjoy

-Mike-

Not sure what you mean to be quite honest, my template has been available for over 2 years now

I think Mike had a lot of issues related to the availability of the data sources for his country.  Mike - aren’t you in the Philippines and the data is unable to be used in any manner on a website to reproduce it?

Offline pimohdaimaoh

• Forecaster
    • PIMOHWEATHER
« Reply #7607 on: August 30, 2017, 12:23:13 AM »
Hi guys,

Enjoy

-Mike-

I think Mike had a lot of issues related to the availability of the data sources for his country.  Mike - aren’t you in the Philippines and the data is unable to be used in any manner on a website to reproduce it?

I have no issues, I temporarily suspend my DATA availability reporting because im transferring all my sensors including my seismometer to my new location on south mindanao which until now is not yet finished constructing my new house there, so you will see the DATA acquisition is stopped until now, but will be restored as soon all the tools and the internet is completed. -Mike-

Offline pimohdaimaoh

• Forecaster
    • PIMOHWEATHER
« Reply #7608 on: August 30, 2017, 12:27:27 AM »
Hi Mike,

I don't think there will be a final version of Meteotemplate - there are several version updates every year. Jachym continues to update and improve it all the time. There'll always be something that can be tweaked or improved or even automated. So when you're ready drop him an email and ask if you may download the template - I'm sure you'll enjoy setting it up and designing your own unique home page.

John

Ok I understand, I will note for that, yes sure I will ask Jachym for his template request soon, but first I have to complete my relocation and restoration progress first  8-)

-Mike-

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
Meteotemplate - updates
« Reply #7609 on: September 02, 2017, 11:07:51 AM »
Hi guys,
those of you using MT probably watch the blog and the new forum so you know what is going on, but I thought I will still post here from time to time about new features in bulk.

DEMOs and more info in the Blog

Discussion: http://www.meteotemplate.com/forum/index.php

Enjoy

Block Update - Current Conditions 18.0
- added UV max for today
- possibility to auto-open by default

Block Update - Station Data 9.0
- added maximum rain rate

Block Update - Wind 2.0
- optimization

Plugin Update - Annual Averages 9.0
- brand new "Periods" page
- added rain totals

Block Update - Weather Facts - 8.0
- added support for Canada, Portugal and Switzerland

Block Update - Air Quality World 3.0
- design tweaks

Block Update - Station Deviation 3.3
- CSS bug fixes

Block Update – Forecast – Netherlands 2.1
- bug fixes

Block Update – Dynamic Graph 2.1
- timezone bug fix

Block Update – Forecast – France 3.0
- complete redesign
- now also includes warnings

Plugin Update – Blog 3.0
- added option to change post date/time

Block Update – UV Forecast 2.1
- minor tweaks

Plugin Update – Climate – Spain 2.0
- major optimization
- https comatibility fixes

Plugin Update – France – Climate 2.0
- optimization

Plugin Update – Week Days 3.0
- added working day/weekend stats

New Block – Croatia – Forecast

New Block – Austria – Climate

Block Update – EC Forecast 2.2
- changes due to changed format of source

Block Update – Pie Visualization 4.2
- minor tweaks

New Language – Russian

Plugin Update – Continentality 2.0
- design tweaks
- optimization

Block Update – Belgium – Radar 1.1
- compatibility fixes

New Block – Warnings – Russia

Block Update – Forecast – Italy 2.1
- compatibility tweaks

Plugin Update – Precipitation Analysis 3.0
- brand new precipitation balance page

Block Update – Australia Forecast 2.0
- optimization

Plugin Update – Climate – Canada 3.0
- optimization
- https fixes

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
Meteotemplate 16.0 Physalis
« Reply #7610 on: September 24, 2017, 08:06:34 AM »
Meteotemplate 16.0 Physalis

Hi guys,

a new version of Meteotemplate is now available. Over the past few versions I got rid of all changes directly in code and converted everything to GUI. With this version (apart from other new things) I also got rid of most FTP, unzipping etc. Just click and everything is installed/updated directly from my website to your template.

more info: http://meteotemplate.com/blog/?p=3374

enjoy

Offline K8POS

• Melvin Local Weather
Re: Meteotemplate - Updating from Weather for you and Cumulus
« Reply #7611 on: September 28, 2017, 08:42:46 PM »
I am about to upgrade my template to Meteotemplate.
I am running a Davis Vantage Pro2 with the UV and Solar sensors with Cumulus software version 1.9.4
I have a hosted web site @ www.melvinweather.com
What if anything should I back up from my web server space?  I would like to do a total "NEW" install, just as long as I do not loose my current history files (3 years worth)   I am thinking I can pretty much delete everything off the web server since the data files reside on my local PC.
 300 plus pages on this thread, tone of reading to do.

Bob
Don't like my weather
Get you'r own weather stick!

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #7612 on: September 28, 2017, 09:11:18 PM »
Hi Bob,
I presume your history files are on your computer's Cumulus/data folder and not stored on your website, so nothing will get lost by using Meteotemplate.

The toughest will be getting your MySQL database table set up, but not really very tough.  If you don't mind loosing your current template you can remove the files and install Meteotemplate in www.melvinweather.com.  Or you can leave your existing template and set up a new folder for Meteotemplate i.e. www.melvinweather.com/mt

In addition to getting current data from Cumulus through your realtime.txt you can import your Cumulus monthly log files to the Meteotemplate MySQL database table so all your historical data is available for your new Meteotemplate install.

Lots of reading available but you can go direct to the install instructions and you should have a Meteotemplate page up in no time.  Adding the blocks and plugins will take quite some time but you  can do that over time.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline K8POS

• Melvin Local Weather
« Reply #7613 on: September 28, 2017, 09:21:55 PM »
Paul,
Thank you for the reply.
That is pretty much what I thought, but did not want to start deleting things off the Web server till I was sure.  Not really anything on there I need to keep anyway.  Got tires of it being a rather static display.
Now that I just retired, I will have plenty of time to play with the Adult blocks and plug ins.

Bob
Don't like my weather

Offline K8POS

• Melvin Local Weather
Uploading
« Reply #7614 on: September 29, 2017, 01:14:14 PM »
Man,
Not sure which is harder, Deleting all my old weather stuff off the server, or uploading the new template
Unfortunately my server wont allow me to unzip a file on the server side. 
But I am getting there.
Don't like my weather

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
Meteotemplate - updates
« Reply #7615 on: October 12, 2017, 07:58:11 AM »
Hi guys,

just a bulk summary of Sep/Oct updates:

New Language - Russian
Block Update – Weather Facts 8.0
Block Update – Germany – Forecast 1.1
Block Update – Weather Facts 9.0
Block Update – Climate Australia 1.1
Block Update – Climate Finland 1.1
New Block – Upcoming
Plugin Update – Meteohub 2.0
Block Update – Current Conditions 18.1
Plugin Update – Precipitation Analysis 4.2
Block Update – Deviations 3.4
Plugin Update – Drought U.S. 1.3
Block Update – Station Data 10.0
New Block – Slovakia – Radar
Block Update – Spain – Radar 3.0
Block Update – Radar U.S. 8.0
New Block – Radar – Ireland
Plugin Update – Maps U.K. 1.1
Plugin Update – BloomSky 3.0
Block Update – Station Averages 2.0
Plugin Update – Snow Statistics 4.1
Block Update – Meteotemplate Blog 1.1
Plugin Update – El Nino 2.1
Block Update – Extremes 2.0
Plugin Update – WD Parser 2.0
Plugin Update – Diary 4.0
Plugin Update – U.S. Extremes 2.0
Block Update – Interactive Graph 10.0
Plugin Update – Air Quality Forecast – Canada 1.1
Block Update – CO2 3.0
Plugin Update – Stickers 7.2
Block Update – Warnings EU – Regional 2.0

More info as always in the Blog and at the Meteotemplate Forum

Enjoy!

Offline kweaver66

• Kevin Weaver
    • Weaver Estates Wx-Watch
« Reply #7616 on: November 07, 2017, 08:22:49 PM »
precipitation totals stopped working in my blocks today. Today was the first time since just before Oct 31 that we have had rain.  I haven't made any changes and the rain totals are showing up every where else....

Anyone else had this happen to them?

Offline BfdWx

• WxElement panel
  • Senior Contributor
    • Branford Weather
« Reply #7617 on: November 07, 2017, 10:19:57 PM »
precipitation totals stopped working in my blocks today. Today was the first time since just before Oct 31 that we have had rain.  I haven't made any changes and the rain totals are showing up every where else....

Anyone else had this happen to them?

No issue here, raining now and readings are accurate!

Offline bthoven

• Europa Cafe' Private Observatory
« Reply #7618 on: December 02, 2017, 12:19:57 AM »
Anyone could share your template which fits on your android tablet having fullhd resolution (either 1920x1080 or 1280x800). I plan to use my old tablet for desktop weather console.

Thanks.

Offline mkutche

• Forecaster
    • GosportWx.com
« Reply #7619 on: December 02, 2017, 08:37:03 PM »
http://gosportwx.com/j-template/ got my template going. Right now I don't think I'll mess with the menu it looks good as is! :) .. I added a poll be sure to vote!

Thanks
Mike
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 08:38:38 PM by mkutche »
Mike K.
Davis Vantage Vue 6250 - CumulusMX (3.21.1-b3205)
Gosport, Indiana
Gosportwx.com twitter.com/GosportINWX
-----------------------------------------------------------

Offline DaleReid

• Forecaster
    • Weather at Eau Claire, WI
« Reply #7620 on: December 02, 2017, 09:21:50 PM »
Nice layout.  I wasn't aware (as in most things) that you could use the menu bar to steer to other software running saratoga and template 34 for instance.  Very cool.

On the home page for Meteo, I like the current conditions boxes and the colors for the backgrounds for them.

ECWx.info
&
ECWx.info/t/index.php

Offline mkutche

• Forecaster
    • GosportWx.com
« Reply #7621 on: December 02, 2017, 09:40:58 PM »
Thanks i cant seem to figure out the mobile part grr
Mike K.
Gosport, Indiana

Offline Johnny 5

• Just a hobby
    • Watford Weather
« Reply #7622 on: December 03, 2017, 05:16:45 AM »
Thanks i cant seem to figure out the mobile part grr

Hi Mike, when you're assembling your mobile page in Meteotemplate, use a single column and place your blocks under each other. Use blocks you consider most essential, blocks that show data in a wide format don't display as well. In other words keep it simple.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline mkutche

• Forecaster
    • GosportWx.com
« Reply #7623 on: December 03, 2017, 07:11:28 AM »
Cool thanks! Got it how I want it now.. love this template!
Mike K.
Gosport, Indiana

Offline hankster

• Forecaster
    • NFM Weather
« Reply #7624 on: December 09, 2017, 07:47:59 PM »
Just setting up using this template. Does anyone know what units Weather Display uses for the data that is sent via the API? Also, is there a Weather Flow option for a station? Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 08:07:01 PM by hankster »