Author Topic: Anole's Weather Graphic Script Help  (Read 2936 times)

Offline UpstateWeather.com

• Signature
  • Contributor
    • Upstate Weather
Anole's Weather Graphic Script Help
« on: May 16, 2008, 02:00:00 PM »
Hi all,

I need some help. I want to create a weather sticker (or now weather "graphic") for my site (www.foreyesonly.net/greenvilleweather). However, I do NOT have a weather station, so I can not use the required Weather Display output file for the Weather Graphic script. Does anyone know how to modify that script to use either a Hamweather output or Weather.com's XML feed?

Thanks everyone,
Eric

Offline SLOweather

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
    • Weatherelement Moline IL
Re: Anole's Weather Graphic Script Help
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 04:42:08 PM »
If you don't need something too customized, you can always use Weatherforyou's offerings.

Like this and more...

• Signature
  • Contributor
    • Upstate Weather
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 04:57:16 PM »
Thanks for the reply SLOweather....glad you mentioned what you did. I meant to put in my original post that I DID want a customized graphic. I'm aware of weatherforyou and WU's offerings but didn't want to use them. Thanks though for the suggestion, I do appreciate it!

• Signature
  • Contributor
    • Upstate Weather
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 12:21:21 AM »
Anyone got any ideas? Is this just NOT possible at all???? That's kind of what I'm afraid of.....

Offline Anole

• Forecaster
    • http://pineislandweather.com
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 07:17:43 AM »
Of course it's possible. Just not in the current form of the script. You need to write a script to pull in the data from the source and parse it as the appropriate parameters for the script.

I've given thought to providing such functionality in the script, but opted against it since it makes it too easy to use someone elses data and brand it as your own.

• Signature
  • Contributor
    • Upstate Weather
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 01:29:10 PM »
Thanks Anole. I guess this just means that I need to go ahead and get that Davis Weather Station I've been looking at. Who needs to save money for a new car anyways?

You have a great script script there (which is why I wanted to use it so much without a weather station) but I'm looking forward to using it once I get a station. Or learn php enough to parse an XML feed into your script.

anything