Author Topic: Davis WeatherLink Software Update?  (Read 5476 times)

Offline daveh

• http://mywebpages.comcast.net/dshelms/wx.html
Davis WeatherLink Software Update?
« on: January 25, 2007, 02:25:09 AM »
Hi,

I had a brief conversation with the Davis folks at the annual American Meteorological Society (AMS) meeting in San Antonio last week.  They said they are readying a patch to WeatherLink version 5.7 to support the changes to DayLight Savings Time start/stop dates.  I asked that the latest CWOP recommended servers be included the patch as well.  I don't know if Davis has had time to test WL with Vista. The patch will be available on the Davis support site in the near future.

JasonK @ Davis presented a paper at the AMS conference on the correlation between a NWS COOP MMTS temperature sensor and the Davis Vantage Pro (version 1).  I have his Powerpoint slides and will post on the CWOP wxqa.com site soon; the data looked very good.

Cheers,

DaveH
CW0351
CW0351

Offline Mark / Ohio

• Live from Mars!
  • Forecaster
    • Fairfield County Weather
Re: Davis WeatherLink Software Update?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 12:27:38 AM »
Quote from: "daveh"
Hi,

I had a brief conversation with the Davis folks at the annual American Meteorological Society (AMS) meeting in San Antonio last week.  They said they are readying a patch to WeatherLink version 5.7 to support the changes to DayLight Savings Time start/stop dates.  ....

Dave,
Just curious if they elaborated whether the patch will also be re-setting the clock in the VP 1 or just making changes internal to the program.

I know there was word of a firmware update for the VP 1's posted here a few days ago.  Just wondered if those of us with WeatherLink running 24/7 will still require the firmware update as well to make it an automatic change over.
Mark 
2002 Davis VP I Wireless, WeatherLink (Serial), GRLevel3, VirtualVP, StartWatch, Weather Display, Windows 10

anything