Author Topic: Acurate 5 in 1 weather station with HD display - General questions.  (Read 552 times)

Offline mslisaj

Just just installed the new Acurate 5 in 1 weather station with the color HD display.  Other then complete lack of customer support I like the system and it works pretty good so far.  I had two general questions that maybe someone with the same system could help me with.  My first question is with regards to the "auto dim" of the display at night.  It truly doesn't dim.  At 10:00 pm the display changes from the blue background to a black background but the overall brightness is the same.  Is this normal?  Could you explain what the "auto dim" feature looks like on your display?
My second question is I can not pair my second Acurate temp sensor to this unit.  It spends the minute looking for another device but it never sees it.  My 5 in 1 is on channel C and I'm trying to pair the second temp sensor on either channel A or B.  No luck.  This is not a deal breaker for me with this unit but for some reason it just won't 'pair' and I was wondering if anyone else had this issue or had a trick. 

Also a short comment on Acurate's total lack of any kind of customer service.  I purchased this update weather station as my original Acurate weather station is 12 years old now and still works perfectly without ANY problems!!  In fact I moved the wind sensor to my home roof instead of the shop where the new one is and this old unit is working perfectly still.  I wanted to ask the two questions above to customer support and the phone is never answered, there is no "live chat" that is advertised and they have not responded to my two emails in over a week.  In my research I have read a lot now about the total lack of any kind of customer support.  I still have about three weeks on the return on this device if the unit is defective or has a serious problem but I would like to keep it if possible.

Thank you all for your comments and reading my post.

Regards,

Lisa

Offline SkellyCA

Re: Acurate 5 in 1 weather station with HD display - General questions.
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 10:29:01 PM »
Hello Lisa,

I can't answer your first question but the 2nd question: The additional Temp/humidity sensors do not talk to the 5-in-1 or the display. They talk to the Access hub, so you'll need one of those; those reading will not show up on the display,only on the app on your phone or on the computer.
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up to much room.

Offline mslisaj

Re: Acurate 5 in 1 weather station with HD display - General questions.
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2018, 10:59:05 PM »
Thanks so much Kelly for taking your time to respond.  That is exactly what I wanted to know.  The instruction book makes it sound so simple but alas another device is needed.  I just wanted to know if I had a problem with with my display or not and from your answer I do not so that is a good thing.  I have no need for a hub or that kind of expansion to my system.

Again thank you sir for your time and helping with the answer.

Lisa

anything