Author Topic: Central Texas Ice Storm  (Read 3429 times)

Offline GaryTX

• I'm back.
    • Estates at Settlers Park Weather
Central Texas Ice Storm
« on: January 17, 2007, 06:36:30 PM »
Hi, gang

Been at our Emergency Operations Center since Saturday morning at about 9:30 dealing with heavy rains and flooding, sleet, freezing rain, snow, ice accmulation, and all the attendant issues arising from them.  I've put up a number of pictures at Weather Underground at http://www.weatherunderground.com/wximage/imagesearch.html?handlebox=on&handle=garyva&submit=go.  There are more photos than the first ten that show up, click on the link for "Next 10" or something similar at the bottom right of the first batch of pictures.

Been a real mess, with countless traffic accidents and real challenges getting ambulances to patients and patients to hospitals.  Looks like we're getting a break in the precip, but it has been below freezing for several days and the roads are icing back up as I write this.  Fortunately, I've had the 4X4 Excursion shown in some of the photos at my disposal throughout this event; I've used it for everything from picking up and taking home some of my dispatchers before and after their 12 hour shifts, to making a couple of weather reconnaisance runs around the country (I know, I know, I'm supposed to be in the EOC, but I just couldn't help myself  :lol:)

The pictures of the EOC are not of the one I'm building; they're from the old one that's being replaced - and it's easy to see why a new one is needed!

Offline Bruiser

• Contributor
    • Miami Township (Just South of Dayton), Ohio Weather
Re: Central Texas Ice Storm
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 07:30:51 PM »
Good to hear from you Gary.  I shall take a look at the pics.  You be careful out there man..

Best regards,

Rob (Bruiser)

anything