Author Topic: VP Live and WL and WU  (Read 2738 times)

Offline alaparos

VP Live and WL and WU
« on: October 07, 2010, 10:05:53 AM »
I am a new user to VP Live.  I have it working through Virtual VP (still on trial period) and vspMgr to a Davis USB Weather Envoy.  WeatherLink 5.9.2 is also running.  I am using WL to upload to my website and VP Live to upload to APRS/CWOP and WU.  My problem is I'm getting warnings from VP Live that I can't seem to fix.

19:37:07:461 Warning      - Failed to open archive file (c:\WeatherLink\CorvusOb\2010-10.wlk)  and
08:00:00:957 Warning      - Cannot find WeatherLink application file

I have verified that the directories specified to VP Live are correct.  The application is there.  The .wlk files are there.  Are there some traps here that I've fallen into?

VP Live is doing just fine pumping data into APRS/CWOP and access to my Davis VP2 looks fine.

Any hints would be appreciated.  

TIA,  Gary W2CS

« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 02:34:13 PM by alaparos »

Offline Bruiser

• Contributor
    • Miami Township (Just South of Dayton), Ohio Weather
Re: VP Live and WL and WU
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 07:39:03 PM »
I used to experience something similar with VPLIVE not finding the application file and trying to remember what I have done.

One thing I have found to work better for me using both Weatherlink and VPlive at the same time, I launch VPLive first before launching Weatherlink itself.  In this way, VPlive does what it needs then opens up.  Once VPlive is open THEN i open Weatherlink itself.

For instance, here is the order I run things.

1)I boot my PC.
2)I launch Virtual VP.
3)I launch VPLive and hold til it completely opens.
4)Once VPLive is up an running, I then launch Weatherlink.

With this order, they seem to function fine with one another.  In my case I have an original Vantage Pro and run the Weatherlink 5.71 App.

I hope this helps with your error messages.

Sorry I can not help on your WU issue as I use Cumulus for that.

Good luck..

Offline Choupie

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2010, 11:37:37 AM »
hi,

I would like to try vsp manager, where can I dowload a demo version ?

Offline wuhu_software

• Forecaster
    • WUHU Software Yahoo Group
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2010, 12:12:47 PM »

If you are running Vista, try running VP Live with administrator permissions. Vista acts weird sometimes when it comes to granting programs permissions to read and write from folders.

Offline Choupie

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2010, 02:36:20 AM »
I'm running seven 64 bits instead of xp SP2 so we need to get a vsp manager 64. I tried all other free virtual comport manager without success