Author Topic: Detail/Summary Scripts for Saratoga PHP Templates  (Read 13202 times)

Offline Murry Conarroe

• Contributor
    • Wildwood Weather
Detail/Summary Scripts for Saratoga PHP Templates
« on: December 27, 2011, 11:32:01 PM »
If you are using the Saratoga PHP templates, detail and summary reports are now available for Cumulus, VWS, and Weatherlink users that are uploading their monthly NOAA reports to their website. Reports are available for Temperature, Rain, Wind, Wind Run, and Degree Days.

The wxreport-settings.php file has settings that are common to all of the detail/summary files such as the paths to the NOAA report files.
It also has settings as to which links to other detail/summary reports are to be displayed on the various reports.
If you do not want a link to a specific report to show, set the show link option for that page to false.

If you rename any of the detail/summary files, update the appropriate filename settings to the new filename or the links
will not work.

The wxreportinclude.php file contains the logic as to which (if any) link buttons to display on the detail/summary reports
based on the settings you made in the wxreport-settings.php file. There are no settings to make in wxreportinclude.php.

A common css file (wxreports.css) is used. But if you want to use different color schemes for different reports, you can use
a different css file. Just update the $css_file setting in the appropriate detail/summary file(s).

An option available in the individual detail/summary files is to allow changing the number of possible colorbands
to be displayed up to a maximum of 30. Change the $increment setting in the individual detail/summary file as needed.
The default setting is 11 increments which provides 13 colorbands (one below the first increment and one over the last increment).
If you do increase the increments setting to more than 11, you will need to edit the css file to add the additional colorbands
yourself.
NOTE: There is no option to change increments in the wind reports. The wind reports are matched to the beaufort scale.

Each of the reports (except wind) also have a option to set the values between increments manually.
This allows the increments to be non-linear (.1, .5, 1, 3, 5, 10, 15, etc). This is primarily useful for rain which can
have large variations.

The units of measurements used by the detail/summary scripts depends on the settings made in the settings.php of the template set.
$SITE['uomTemp'] = '°F';
$SITE['uomBaro'] = ' inHg';
$SITE['uomWind'] = ' mph';
$SITE['uomRain'] = ' in';
These need to be set to match whatever units you are using.

The expected naming convention of the monthly NOAA reports for Cumulus users is NOAAMOmmyy.txt.
The expected naming convention of the monthly NOAA reports for VWS users is yyyy_mm.txt
Weatherlink apparently only uploads the current month as NOAAMO.TXT and the previous month as NOAAPRMO.TXT. Due to this, Weathlink users should upload their NOAA reports to a separate subdirectory that will need to be CHMODed so that it is writeable to allow the scripts to rename the NOAA reports at the beginning of the month.

An example of the detail/summary scripts is available at http://weather.wildwoodnaturist.com/wxtempdetail.php . Note that some of the reports shown are only available for Weather Display users as it creates an additional report that it used for the other detail/summary reports.

The detail/summary scripts can be downloaded at http://weather.wildwoodnaturist.com/downloadsCVW.php

Murry

Offline optrex

Re: Detail/Summary Scripts for Saratoga PHP Templates
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 12:50:58 AM »
Murry,

I have this installed for cumulus, but the report pages are blank. This is despite the rest of the saratoga files working correctly. Any indication of where to look for the issues please?

Offline Murry Conarroe

• Contributor
    • Wildwood Weather
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 08:25:02 AM »
Murry,

I have this installed for cumulus, but the report pages are blank. This is despite the rest of the saratoga files working correctly. Any indication of where to look for the issues please?

Do you have a URL? My first guess would be that you need to check the path setting to the NOAA reports in the wxreports-settings.php.
Code: [Select]
$path_dailynoaa = "./";           # Location of NOAA monthly files
Murry

Offline optrex

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 08:53:55 PM »
I had the right directory but the file must have been corrupt in some way as the stats are now showing correctly following the overnight update. Having splashed out on a VP2+ I would like to know if there is any intention to expand to cover dewpoint, uv solar humidity etc ?

I know the data is not published in the noaa reports, but they may be able to be collected from the dayfile.txt see http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/AnnualDataSummary I would prefer to use your scripts rather than add more from another source.

Offline DaculaWeather

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • North Georgia Weather
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 12:15:20 PM »
I had the right directory but the file must have been corrupt in some way as the stats are now showing correctly following the overnight update. Having splashed out on a VP2+ I would like to know if there is any intention to expand to cover dewpoint, uv solar humidity etc ?

Already does that.
http://www.daculaweather.com/dacula_wxtempdetail.php

Offline mark014

• Weather conditions in Ślesin (Poland)
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2013, 05:45:38 PM »
Great tabular summary. I installed especially for it the saratoga script.
However I have the question about extra parameter. I want to add avarage daily temperature (something like table with min/max temperature, but only average temperature for each day in Daily Detail). How can I do it?

This is my site http://pogodaslesin.ugu.pl/wxtempseason.php

Maybe someone has already modified the script that way?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 05:52:03 PM by mark014 »

Offline Murry Conarroe

• Contributor
    • Wildwood Weather
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2014, 08:32:06 PM »
Wind direction scripts are now included with the other detail/summary/season scripts.
Example: http://weather.wildwoodnaturist.com/wxwinddirectionsummary.php

If you already have the other detail/summary/season scripts, you will need to update the wxreport-settings.php, wxreportinclude.php, and the wxreports.css along with the three wxwinddirection scripts.
Murry

Offline ed2kayak

• Ed
  • Forecaster
  • Davis Vantage Pro2 w/12 hr FARS, solar/uv
    • Cumberland Valley Weather
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2014, 08:42:37 PM »
Thanks Murry.

Working here
Ed
CoCoRaHS PA-CD-6,  Weather Underground KPAMECHA7, CWOP DW5425

Offline Murry Conarroe

• Contributor
    • Wildwood Weather
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2014, 08:57:44 PM »
Thanks Murry.

Working here

Ed,
Be sure you update the $start_xxx settings in the wind direction scripts to dates that are valid for you.
I added additional start date settings to the wind direction scripts for those who may have moved there anemometer to a better location. Mine was located in a sheltered area and the wind direction accuracy was useless. Once I was able to move it to a well exposed location, it made a big difference.
Murry

Offline tnwxman

• Forecaster
  • KK4QXH
    • Weather for Lebanon, TN 37087
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2014, 03:35:51 PM »
Hi Murry,

I have my WeatherLink NOAA reports in a sub directory off my main web directory. That directory is called NOAA-reports. I also upload my Weather Display reports to the main directory at my website. My Weather Display data only goes back to 2010 but my Weather Link goes back to 1995. How do I get these scripts to read that data (WL) instead of the WD data? Please advise.

Thanks.
Bob
Bob
KK4QXH

Offline Murry Conarroe

• Contributor
    • Wildwood Weather
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2014, 04:29:50 PM »
Hi Murry,

I have my WeatherLink NOAA reports in a sub directory off my main web directory. That directory is called NOAA-reports. I also upload my Weather Display reports to the main directory at my website. My Weather Display data only goes back to 2010 but my Weather Link goes back to 1995. How do I get these scripts to read that data (WL) instead of the WD data? Please advise.

Thanks.
Bob
Bob,
In the wxreport-settings.php, set the $path_dailynoaa  to:
$path_dailynoaa = './NOAA-reports/';
and add
$SITE['WXsoftware']     = 'WL';
on the line below it.

This will cause the detail/summary/season scripts to look for WL reports instead of WD NOAA reports.
$SITE['NOAAdir']           = './NOAA-reports/';

This will cause the script to look for weatherlink style NOAA reports instead of the Weather Display reports.
Murry

Offline tnwxman

• Forecaster
  • KK4QXH
    • Weather for Lebanon, TN 37087
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2014, 05:45:25 PM »
Thanks Murry that did it. GREAT SCRIPTS! Thank you.
Bob
KK4QXH

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2014, 06:54:34 PM »
Thanks Murry,
I have updated to add the new wind direction reports and all working correctly.  But one appearance issue.  All my data is in metric and that is how Temperature, Rain and Degree Days reports display in the top title for these, however for Wind the Daily and Season titles show MPH and for Monthly correct at km/h; and for Wind Run all shows as "miles" instead of km/h http://komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca/wxwinddetail.php.  The data numbers all appear to be correct.  Any suggestion where I can edit that top title "units"?

The new Freeze report is very nice and interesting =D>

Paul

Offline Murry Conarroe

• Contributor
    • Wildwood Weather
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2014, 07:19:35 PM »
Thanks Murry,
I have updated to add the new wind direction reports and all working correctly.  But one appearance issue.  All my data is in metric and that is how Temperature, Rain and Degree Days reports display in the top title for these, however for Wind the Daily and Season titles show MPH and for Monthly correct at km/h; and for Wind Run all shows as "miles" instead of km/h http://komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca/wxwinddetail.php.  The data numbers all appear to be correct.  Any suggestion where I can edit that top title "units"?

The new Freeze report is very nice and interesting =D>

Paul
Paul,
In the settings section of the three wind scripts, update the $wind_unit to the correct value.
$wind_unit = "mph";      # Set to mph, kmh, kts, or m/s
Murry

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2014, 08:11:50 PM »
hanks Murry.
As I was updating I hadn't uploaded the new Wind and Wind Run files from your zip so looks like I've had that incorrect uom since I originally installed the script :oops:   Replaced all the wind files after editing the uom and now all look good =D>

Thanks again,
Paul

Offline Murry Conarroe

• Contributor
    • Wildwood Weather
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2014, 05:35:55 PM »
Found one more thing that isn't working correctly - some of the characters in the Wind Color Coding Chart aren't being displayed correctly. I sus[ect it has something to do with the use of "$SITE['charset'] = 'UTF-8859-1';" being used to set the charset in the code.

This is what my screen looks like:

Any ideas as to what to change?
Don,
Download the zip again and use the the wxwinddetail, wxwindsummary, and wxwindseason scripts from it.
Apparently those three scripts got converted to UTF-8 encoding when I moved everything to a new computer last week.
They are now in ISO-8859-1 encoding.
Murry

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2014, 05:47:33 PM »
Thanks, that makes sense. I'll give them a shot a little later. Also, sorry for filling-up the old thread with non-related posts...
Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37s150,
StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech HD Pro C920 webcam (off-line)
--- RIPE Atlas Probe - 32849

Offline TargY

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2014, 03:01:24 PM »
Hei

I have a problem with solar max, solar kwh, et  fields with these nice scripts.  =D>

I dont know why but everything before september 24th is empty :roll: :?: while other parameters are displayed fine.  :lol:
hop and look at http://tgt.mooo.com/wxreports/wxtempdetail.php

All data comes from wxreportsmmyyyy.csv files in 'reports' directory

Can anyone help me with this  :oops: :???:

Offline Murry Conarroe

• Contributor
    • Wildwood Weather
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2014, 04:35:30 PM »
Hei

I have a problem with solar max, solar kwh, et  fields with these nice scripts.  =D>

I dont know why but everything before september 24th is empty :roll: :?: while other parameters are displayed fine.  :lol:
hop and look at http://tgt.mooo.com/wxreports/wxtempdetail.php

All data comes from wxreportsmmyyyy.csv files in 'reports' directory

Can anyone help me with this  :oops: :???:

Since some people add solar/uv sensors at sometime after they first got their weather station, the solar/uv/et scripts each have an additional setting to prevent displaying months or years of zeros or gibberish for those sensors.
Update the following in those scripts:
$start_year = "2009"; # Year for which you first have et data
$start_month = "9"; # Month for which you first have et data
$start_day = "24"; # Day for which you first have et data

If you only have data for this year, change to:
$start_year = "2014"; # Year for which you first have et data
$start_month = "1"; # Month for which you first have et data
$start_day = "1"; # Day for which you first have et data
Murry

Offline TargY

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2014, 04:43:20 PM »
Oh, that is just briliant! ;) thanks for helping. Thumbs up! ;)

Offline MesquiteWx

• Forecaster
    • Mesquite Weather
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2014, 07:20:56 PM »
Hello, I have a small issue with the data displaying. I have been uploading data for many years even though I currently only have 2 yrs worth of data uploaded. Here is my issue. It only shows the current days data and that is all or the current month in the monthly summary, and current season in the seasonal summary. Any suggestions on what to check? This use to work fine but somewhere it has stopped working. Also on the daily details I can't select any other options I.E. wind, UV, etc.

http://www.mesquiteweather.net/wxtempdetail.php?r=wxtempdetail.php

-Thanks

Offline Murry Conarroe

• Contributor
    • Wildwood Weather
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2014, 08:46:51 PM »
Hello, I have a small issue with the data displaying. I have been uploading data for many years even though I currently only have 2 yrs worth of data uploaded. Here is my issue. It only shows the current days data and that is all or the current month in the monthly summary, and current season in the seasonal summary. Any suggestions on what to check? This use to work fine but somewhere it has stopped working. Also on the daily details I can't select any other options I.E. wind, UV, etc.

http://www.mesquiteweather.net/wxtempdetail.php?r=wxtempdetail.php

-Thanks
The current days data comes from the testtags values. The rest from your dailynoaareport or climatedataout files.
Check that you have the path to those files set correctly in the wxreport-settings.php file.

When the switching from one type of report (i.e. from rain to wind) does not work correctly, it most often is a problem of that the wxreport-settings and wxreportinclude.php are not at the same level.

Are you using the Saratoga template?
Murry

Offline MesquiteWx

• Forecaster
    • Mesquite Weather
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2014, 09:34:54 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I double checked your suggestions. My dailynoaareport and climatedataout are in the root with the file. I plan on moving them to another folder to clean things up but for the mean time they are in the root with the script. I have tried to file path a couple different ways both with and without and the / and the . but, no matter how many ways I try it doesn't seem them. Are they suppose to be txt files or htm files?

Here is how the file path are set.

$path_dailynoaa = "./";           # Location of NOAA monthly files
$path_climatedata = "./";           # WD only -- Location of climatedataout*.html files

Also checked the wxreport-settings and wxreportinclude.php and they are both in the root. It seems like all this happened once my server was upgraded to php 5+ but this has been several months ago. I am just not getting around to fixing some things. Any other suggestions?

-Thanks

Offline andy135

• Chelmsford Weather Station
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2014, 05:37:55 AM »
Hi Murry,

I have the same issue in that all my data suddenly disappeared a couple of days ago. I have used your excellent script for about a year and this happened without any changes made to it?

All the climatedataout and daily Noaa files are updating in the root directory, so I can't get my head around why it stopped working suddenly? I have downloaded the latest WXreport files but it still doesn't work.

I have the same /paths set as wxnoaarecords and that is working ok!!

Andy

http://www.chelmervillage-weather.co.uk/wxtempdetail.php
http://www.chelmervillage-weather.co.uk/wxnoaarecords.php
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 08:08:40 AM by andy135 »

Offline Murry Conarroe

• Contributor
    • Wildwood Weather
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2014, 08:58:44 AM »
Hi Murry,

I have the same issue in that all my data suddenly disappeared a couple of days ago. I have used your excellent script for about a year and this happened without any changes made to it?

All the climatedataout and daily Noaa files are updating in the root directory, so I can't get my head around why it stopped working suddenly? I have downloaded the latest WXreport files but it still doesn't work.

I have the same /paths set as wxnoaarecords and that is working ok!!

Andy

http://www.chelmervillage-weather.co.uk/wxtempdetail.php
http://www.chelmervillage-weather.co.uk/wxnoaarecords.php

Andy,
As a test, create a file in your root directory named nonsaratogatemplate.txt. This will put the script into standalone mode so that none of the Saratoga scripts are used. If the data then displays okay, there would seem to be a problem with one of the other scripts not playing nicely with the others. After the test, you can delete the nonsaratogatemplate.txt file.

If it did display data during the test, send me a copy of your top, common, header, menubar, and footer php files.
Murry