Author Topic: Fewer People Buy Into Global Warming  (Read 62328 times)

Offline WeatherGoose

• Forecaster
  • LIVE from the Southern Sierra Nevada!
    • Sierra Springs Village - MADIS Station D2149 - Bass Lake Ca.
Re: Fewer People Buy Into Global Warming
« Reply #275 on: February 19, 2010, 12:10:28 PM »
The two authors of that story are WELL KNOWN DENIERS and have been pushing this stuff out for years.  I was surprised that the BBC even gave these two this kind of publicity, since they are looked upon as "hacks" by the majority in the climatology field.

So, It really isn't Fox News that isn't credible its now the BBC and the two individuals they interviewed.  I get it.  

If someone doesn't agree with your theory on GW then they are deniers, regardless of credentials, and the simple fact of being a 'denier' renders their contribution worthless.  Yep, I get it.

Oh, now its "MY" theory?  Not the majority of scientists on the planet?  Whatever.   :roll:

Your minds are made up.  I know that there is no point even bothering to try to present any facts on the subject, because you are just going to "blow them off".  This is why I stopped posting in this thread before. Just a total waste of time.  I will just sit back and wait until the weather is so screwed up that even the die hard deniers won't be able to politicize this situation anymore.

P.S. You won't find any of the papers and articles refuting these two's data, credentials, and overall credibility on FoxNews.  What ever happened to that "We report, you decide" thing?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 12:16:23 PM by WeatherGoose »

HARDWARE: Davis VP2 wireless w/daytime FARS - Logitech Quickcam Pro 9000 - Apple 24" iMAC - OSX 10.6.2
SOFTWARE: Lightsoft Weather Center for Mac OSX -  EVOcam 2.6.5

Offline SoMDWx

• Forecaster
    • Southern Maryland Weather
« Reply #276 on: February 19, 2010, 12:24:22 PM »

This is why I stopped posting in this thread before. Just a total waste of time.  I will just sit back and wait until the weather is so screwed up that even the die hard deniers won't be able to politicize this situation anymore.

[/quote]

Then why are you still posting?????  :-$

Offline WeatherGoose

• Forecaster
« Reply #277 on: February 19, 2010, 12:25:39 PM »

This is why I stopped posting in this thread before. Just a total waste of time.  I will just sit back and wait until the weather is so screwed up that even the die hard deniers won't be able to politicize this situation anymore.

Then why are you still posting?????  :-$

Thought I would make one last stab at bringing some balance to this primarily right wing rant-fest. I'm done with it.  I thought I was pretty clear about that in my previous post.  It has turned into a bigger joke than it started out as, which is saying something!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 12:27:31 PM by WeatherGoose »

HARDWARE: Davis VP2 wireless w/daytime FARS - Logitech Quickcam Pro 9000 - Apple 24" iMAC - OSX 10.6.2

Offline tomcj2

• Forecaster
    • CanbyWeather
« Reply #278 on: February 19, 2010, 12:31:28 PM »
Why stop this thread now when we are so close to learning the truth?  We could then tackle the topics of religion and then go on to politics

Davis VP2 (6163), WL 5.9.0..  VWS 14.01 p25, Panasonic HM371A camera. WU & W4U KORCANBY3, CoCoRaHS OR-CC-27

Offline DaculaWeather

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • North Georgia Weather
« Reply #279 on: February 19, 2010, 12:39:28 PM »
And solve all the world's problems??? HA!  :roll: :-)

Offline SoMDWx

• Forecaster
    • Southern Maryland Weather
« Reply #280 on: February 19, 2010, 02:06:08 PM »
right wing rant-fest?

And you accuse others of bias?  wow......   :roll:

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
« Reply #281 on: February 19, 2010, 02:37:29 PM »
right wing rant-fest?

And you accuse others of bias?  wow......   :roll:

... and intolerance for another point of view. It must be nice to have the only "correct and truthful information" ...  #-o

Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37s150,
StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech HD Pro C920 webcam (off-line)
--- RIPE Atlas Probe - 32849

Offline WeatherGoose

• Forecaster
« Reply #282 on: February 19, 2010, 02:56:16 PM »
right wing rant-fest?

And you accuse others of bias?  wow......   :roll:

Not going to let this die are you?

I'm not going to sit here and let another PILE ON proceed without responding.

Just count the number of links to FoxNews and other right wing websites in this thread, and compare that to links to any other sources, and tell me that there isn't a HUGE right wing bias/agenda going on in here.

If you have a problem with my labels, then you should take that up with those who chose to bring politics into a scientific discussion/issue, especially on a scientific oriented web forum!  I said in my first post that FoxNews was doing a good job of misleading the public about this topic, and the number of links to their website in this thread proves my point in spades.

I wish I could share all the private messages and emails I received about this topic over the last several months.  There a a lot of folks reading this thread that are reluctant to post their opinions in here based on all the "piling on and abuse" that has been directed towards me for "attempting" to keep this discussion fact based, and not a bunch of politically motivated half-truths and pure propaganda.

I don't care what those who disagree with me think about me, my qualifications etc.  I am speaking for the silent majority both here and elsewhere who are sick and tired of seeing such an important issue being turned into a political football to line the pockets of a select few who don't give a flying F about any of you who are buying into their BS.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 03:10:46 PM by WeatherGoose »

Offline mackbig

• Forecaster
    • Mackie's Main Street, Unionville, ON Canada Weather
« Reply #283 on: February 19, 2010, 03:27:24 PM »
Sorry Goose, you turned a simple factual post about the Olympics by me into a soliloquy about politics. The same reason you cant blame a warmer than normal winter in the northwest on Global Warming, the anti global warming people cant use a colder snowier winter in southeast as proof of no global warming.   Is it getting warmer, yes, if the olympics was last year or the previous 20 would they have to truck in snow, no.  Somewhere in the next 20, maybe.  Yet you chose to quote my post, when I was not even talking to you or quoting you.  Lots of people have talked about Vancouver being hot this year. 

You used words like "mass ignorance", "clueless", "sad".... I guess not as bad as most of your previous quotes... you also say "polarize"....

Polarize.... interesting term.  Calling all non believers Morons in your first post, now that was a bit polarizing.   I have enjoyed reading parts of this thread.  Its interesting.  I thought you were coming around, post #266 was almost civil, at least parts paragraphs 2 and 3.  You even say as long as people believe in warming, even if its not AGW, they can at least be taken seriously.   I have even see you delete, or amend a few unnecessary zingers.     Then you jump back on the soap box.  I'm confused, its seems at times you post just to create controversy, whether it be GW, USB, or Apple......   

Anyway, as for your comment about who turned this into a political debate.  Read post #2 (by you)... the one that introduces the Moron descriptor, and blames all the wayward folks who get their news from Fox.

Andrew

Just count the number of links to FoxNews and other right wing websites in this thread, and compare that to links to any other sources, and tell me that there isn't a HUGE right wing bias/agenda going on in here.

I had nothing to do with turning this thread into a political debate, so don't shoot the messenger.  If you have a problem with my labels, then you should take that up with those who chose to bring politics into a scientific discussion on a scientific oriented web forum!

Andrew - Davis VP2+ 6163, serial weatherlink, wireless anemometer, running Weather Display.  Boltek PCI Stormtracker, Astrogenic Nexstorm, Strikestar - UNI, CWOP CW8618, GrLevel3, (Station 2 OS WMR968, VWS 13.01p09), Windows 7-64

Offline WeatherGoose

• Forecaster
« Reply #284 on: February 19, 2010, 03:36:32 PM »
And yet I continue to get three or four private emails a day asking me for advice on ALL the topics I have been accused of knowing nothing about.  ;)

Like I have said before.... WHAT EVER!  :roll:

I will continue to call BS when I see it, so if anyone here has a problem with that, then just block my username and move on.

Offline DaculaWeather

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • North Georgia Weather
« Reply #285 on: February 19, 2010, 03:42:49 PM »
The links I posted were from Fox, but I also found them on MANY other web sites. And what was reported was FACT, despite where it came from. I use to go to CNN until I finally realized how biased they were. But I use many sites, Google News for one. I figure since they show news from MANY other sites they can't be too biased.

The disagreement about this topic will never go away. It's just ashamed that you (Goose) want to attack everyone else if they don't agree with you and that's what's gotten everyone up in arms. You can't be civil and have a normal discussion. And I don't remember anyone asking you to stand up for them and be their leader on this. You're not defending the silent majority (another assumed fact by you), you're running them away. A great many people here are fed up with your know-it-all attitude.

You don't have to like what I say but just know there are many others that feel the same way.

Offline SlowModem

• Weather at the speed of dialup!
  • Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
« Reply #286 on: February 19, 2010, 03:53:04 PM »
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37s150,
StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech HD Pro C920 webcam (off-line)
--- RIPE Atlas Probe - 32849

Offline WeatherGoose

• Forecaster
« Reply #288 on: February 19, 2010, 04:04:15 PM »
The links I posted were from Fox, but I also found them on MANY other web sites. And what was reported was FACT, despite where it came from. I use to go to CNN until I finally realized how biased they were. But I use many sites, Google News for one. I figure since they show news from MANY other sites they can't be too biased.

The disagreement about this topic will never go away. It's just ashamed that you (Goose) want to attack everyone else if they don't agree with you and that's what's gotten everyone up in arms. You can't be civil and have a normal discussion. And I don't remember anyone asking you to stand up for them and be their leader on this. You're not defending the silent majority (another assumed fact by you), you're running them away. A great many people here are fed up with your know-it-all attitude.

You don't have to like what I say but just know there are many others that feel the same way.

LOL!  I love that HORSE!  =D>

But I am ignoring it!!! LOL!

So...CNN is biased, while Foxnews is a straight shooter huh?  LOL!  Amazing!

I've got just as many if not more that agree with me.  Unfortunately, a large number of them have left this forum over this thread.  It is funny how I am accused of attacking others for not agreeing with me, while all the comments directed at me, including several from you are doing exactly the same thing in a far more personal manner.  It is that kind of hypocrisy that I won't sit back and ignore.  It is also something that others have noticed.  You won't see them posting in this thread though.  They have either left, or bit their tongues out of fear of being singled out for abuse as I have been by you and several others on this forum.

And speaking of your problem with me...  It is not my problem if you can't handle my experience and knowledge on the topics discussed here.  I am been involved in this hobby for over 30 years, so I would hope that I would have some experience and previous knowledge to share in these various discussions.  Its too bad that you have to twist that knowledge and experience into some kind of warped theory that this is simply a desire to be the forum know-it-all.  I know what I know, and if someone asks a question that I know the answer to, I will respond with my personal experience with that topic.

This is another reason people are turned off by this thread.  As I said above, if I am just a BS artist that doesn't know jack about what I am posting about, then why do I keep getting private messages and emails from folks on this forum asking for my input?  Could it be that I actually do know what I am talking about, and those that don't share your curious desire to undermine everything I say can see that and want my advice?

I am pretty sure the answer is yes.  ;)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 04:13:52 PM by WeatherGoose »

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #289 on: February 19, 2010, 04:43:03 PM »
Sadly, this discussion has again degenerated into polarized comments and has ceased to be useful IMHO.

It doesn't follow our guidelines of:

Speak with facts.
Be respectful and civil.

This thread is now locked.
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

anything