Author Topic: 2310 with WU heavy weather monitor not re-starting  (Read 2369 times)

Offline kbcb

2310 with WU heavy weather monitor not re-starting
« on: February 10, 2011, 11:22:06 AM »
I am using a 2310 and using WU's heavy weather updater monitor to send info to WU. My internet goes off every morning at 3 AM for 10 to 15 minutes. Once I lose the connection, the updater won't send info to WU until I manually re-start it. Is there a setting that will allow it to re-start on its own?

Offline SlowModem

• Weather at the speed of dialup!
  • Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
Re: 2310 with WU heavy weather monitor not re-starting
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 11:38:55 AM »
I am using a 2310 and using WU's heavy weather updater monitor to send info to WU. My internet goes off every morning at 3 AM for 10 to 15 minutes. Once I lose the connection, the updater won't send info to WU until I manually re-start it. Is there a setting that will allow it to re-start on its own?

I can't answer your questions about HW.  However, I would recommend that perhaps you should look into using WUHU.  I use it for all my weather stations and have been very pleased.  Also the author reads this forum and is very helpful.

Good luck!  :)

Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline kbcb

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 11:53:11 AM »
That is what I am using, I may not have explained it well.

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 06:24:22 PM »
In the "Weather Underground Account Information" section of your Wuhu page be sure that you have the little check box marked in the upper right corner to keep the WU upload option enabled. If you have DSL then when you temporarily drop out (either Internet or Weather Underground) your WuHu program should resume on it's own when the drop out ends. This is unless you're talking about a dial-up Internet connection that you have to re-establish every morning (different problem). My ws-2310 is using WuHu on a DSL connection and I don't have to touch anything when the Internet or WU drops out and comes back. WuHu gives an alarm in it's logs telling you about it and that's all.
Hope this helps.

Offline kbcb

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2011, 10:34:46 PM »
update, the web browser was not automatically reconnecting to the internet, why that matters, I am not sure, but that is all I changed and it is working now, Thanks for the help.

anything