Author Topic: Heavy Weather Pro WS 2800  (Read 2919 times)

Offline LaytonsvilleLloyd

Heavy Weather Pro WS 2800
« on: September 03, 2014, 12:38:37 AM »
I just loaded the LaCrosse software for my weatherstation and noticed the four battery looking objects with WS, T, R, WI at the bottom of the window.  Where can I find out what they mean?  I am hoping they are battery status indicators for the WeatherStation, Temperature/Humidity, Rain, and Wind gauges.

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
Re: Heavy Weather Pro WS 2800
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 01:30:58 AM »
That's what they are, status indicators for the WS (indoor console/display), T (thermo/hygro sensor outside), R (rain gauge), and WI (anemometer). They display full until the batteries get down to a low level then they display a couple bars. That is, they don't follow the batteries draining by removing a single bar every now and then, just stay full until the batteries will need replacement soon. I did not find any documentation with regard to these icons anywhere, just learned about them from experience.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 02:38:51 AM by DanS »

Offline pfletch101

• Forecaster
    • Personal Website
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 10:14:15 AM »
My experience (before my WS 2800 died) was that the battery indicators were almost useless. I replaced the batteries in my console and outside TH unit annually, and on the first occasion (when it was closer to 14 months after installation) they were well below the Lacrosse-recommended voltage levels when replaced, but the indicators were still showing 'full'.
Vantage Pro 2+ connected to Raspberry Pi running weewx by means of Meteo-Pi - data incorporated in domestic energy production (PV) and use monitoring system.

Offline LaytonsvilleLloyd

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 11:11:11 AM »
Thank you for the helpful input.