Author Topic: What's the verdict on WL 2.0  (Read 666 times)

Offline eddhuy

What's the verdict on WL 2.0
« on: July 08, 2018, 05:56:27 PM »
I have WL 6.0.3 and it works great.  Is there an advantage to 2.0.  It looks like there is an annual subscription fee to use the software so I guess that's why I'm asking this question.  The free basic version does not store data, for now that will not do.  If someone has a better storage solution for me all the better.  My computer is on 7x24 anyway but storage offline sounds better.

If there are advantages to 2.0 that I am unaware of I'd be thankful to learn about them, it may be worth the fee.

Ok, I was thinking the 2.0 was the WL software and not the WL.com site update.  Using the 2.0 trial and using it to update WU.  With WU dropping me twice this spring I hope this works better.  Just got it started but will still be looking for something better.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 03:06:54 AM by eddhuy »

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
Re: What's the verdict on WL 2.0
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 05:20:59 AM »
-WL 6.0.3 and WeatherLink.com 2.0 are really totally different
- Annual subscription fee if you require additional services otherwise WL.com 2.0 is free for basic use
- The free basic version does store data just not as much as the subscription version but neither store data forever so you need to download the data anyway
- Don't confuse WL with WU
- Search function is your friend here, try it.   

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
Re: What's the verdict on WL 2.0
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 05:44:29 AM »
- The free basic version does store data just not as much as the subscription version but neither store data forever so you need to download the data anyway

As far as I am aware, the intention is that wl.com2.0 Pro should store data forever. (Though admittedly that is quite a long time - maybe 20 years is a reasonable period in practice, but it may well be longer.) Have you seen anything from Davis to suggest otherwise?
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

anything