Author Topic: Devices not reporting  (Read 1073 times)

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Devices not reporting
« on: March 17, 2016, 08:53:01 AM »
Anyone else having their device stop reporting?

Both of mine stopped late yesterday afternoon and haven't come back online again.  There have been several intermittent periods over the past few days were they stopped for several hours but had always come back up.  Their stop and back up were about the same time for both devices so thought it was a BloomSky issue.  However I see a lot of devices on the BloomSky map that are reporting.

Paul

Offline SpringHillWeather

• Weather Hobbyist
  • Forecaster
  • Spring Hill, Florida
    • Spring Hill
Re: Devices not reporting
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2016, 09:30:08 AM »
My also went offline yesterday afternoon and had one of those not again moments.

I also checked and saw all the other BloomSky in my area working and showing current time.

I reset the device but it only posted data for a minute and then stopped posting. 

To resolve it I shutdown my entire network, all routers and even the ObserverIP and Meteobridge.
After a full reset I was able to get the BloomSky posting data again and so far so good.

Saratoga
HomeWeatherStation
Meteotemplate
Homebrew
Ambient 1001 | ObserverIP | Meteobridge | MeteoPlug

Offline hankster

• Forecaster
    • NFM Weather
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 05:33:24 PM »
If you talkin about reporting to WU, it's not just BloomSky. Many are having problems with WU and they don't have  a BloomSky.

Offline SpringHillWeather

• Weather Hobbyist
  • Forecaster
  • Spring Hill, Florida
    • Spring Hill
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2016, 05:44:23 PM »
If you talkin about reporting to WU, it's not just BloomSky. Many are having problems with WU and they don't have  a BloomSky.

Thank you Hank, yes I found out WU is lagging behind so I couldn't use that as a reliable source to see if the data is current.  The APP, dashboard and API seem to give a better indication if its actually live or not.  It did show I wasn't posting data for over an hour so thats when I decide to reset the whole thing.

Saratoga
HomeWeatherStation
Meteotemplate
Homebrew
Ambient 1001 | ObserverIP | Meteobridge | MeteoPlug

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2016, 07:23:53 PM »
With all of WU issues of recent, at least they send a message that my BloomSky PWS is not reporting.  But I usually use the dashboard to check on them.
Finally have both working again http://www.komokaweather.com/bloomsky/

Paul