Author Topic: Atlas/Access offline problem today  (Read 1655 times)

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
Atlas/Access offline problem today
« on: July 17, 2019, 12:05:17 PM »
My Atlas and Access are having problems staying connected today, showing a signal strength of zero. I getting intermittent 15-20 minute periods of no signal on the Access with it coming back for a few seconds before it loses signal again. Is there an Atlas server problem?
  • The Access is picking up my six other sensors just fine with signal strengths of 4.
  • All three of my Atlas displays have no problems and are always connected.     
  • Its just my Altas having problems today.
Wondering if anyone else is having problems with their Atlas/Access connection today?

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline Mabcmb

• My WU page
  • Forecaster
Re: Atlas/Access offline problem today
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2019, 12:18:43 PM »
I had the same problems a couple of day's ago . Sounds weird but all I had to do was move my access a quarter turn at a time  wait a couple of seconds refresh the splash page and it showed 4 on the atlas . I also have 4 other sensors that still show 4 . If it's real bad try unplugging the access pull the batteries out wait 30 + seconds and re install the batteries plug everything in . Yes you will lose whats saved in the access but that has worked for me also . Hope this helps !!

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2019, 12:37:56 PM »
I've been moving the Access around without any improvements or changes. The loss of signal seems to be around 5 minutes now.

I have a 5-N-1 and a tower sensor on the same pole as my Atlas and they are reporting just fine. Just problems with the Atlas today, no problems with it in the past.

Added:
Back to 15 minutes.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 12:48:57 PM by worachj »

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline Mabcmb

• My WU page
  • Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2019, 01:08:02 PM »
Then I would unplug it the access that is let it sit and re plug it in . Don't forget to take out the batteries also when doing that .

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2019, 02:06:00 PM »
Pushed the reset button on the back of the Access, no success. The Atlas is still the only sensor out of seven that has signal problems.

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner:
As suggested by Mabcmb, I removed the batteries and unplugged the power. Its back to normal. Its only been 10 minutes but signal strength has been a steady 4 for the Atlas. Not sure why removing the batteries made the difference, would've thought by pushing the reset button it would clear everythng. But removing the batteries worked.

Back to normal! Thanks for the suggestion!

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline Mabcmb

• My WU page
  • Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2019, 02:09:06 PM »
I have no idea why that works but it does . My personal feeling is the Access get a glitch in it ever so often and only removing the batteries will undo the glitch . Glad it worked for you have a great day !!! 

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2019, 09:29:00 AM »
Atlas signal strength dropping to 0 again this morning, but this time some of my other sensors were also effected. Pulled the batteries and power plug on the Access and everything is back to normal.

Strange that pulling the batteries fixes the signal strength problems.

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline havtrail

• Senior Contributor
    • Haverford Weather Station
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2019, 07:49:09 PM »
Slightly dirty battery contacts, that get temporarily rubbed cleaner by the action of removing and reinserting the batteries?

Rich K.
Onset HOBO RX2102 Cellular
https://www.havtrail.com/weather/
NEWA https://newa.cornell.edu Haverford, PA

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2019, 08:02:45 PM »
Slightly dirty battery contacts, that get temporarily rubbed cleaner by the action of removing and reinserting the batteries?

Rich K.
No idea if this is his problem, but as far back as I can remember I've used a quality pencil eraser for cleaning contacts, matter of fact, just cleaned my C123 battery contacts in my VP2 with one. Emery cloth is a winner too.

Offline Jim Ace

• Hewlett Point Beach
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2019, 12:08:12 PM »
I'm on my second Access,  still have the same problem loss of signal,  my sensors take a turn,  been that way since access came out.  It's not the batteries, or the thickness of the wall or the distance from the hub it's just access.  You have to live with it or move to another PWS like I did.
KNYEASTR4
Ecowitt WS65
AWEKAS 14894
PWS
WeatherCloud
Windy
Weewx
CumulusMX
CWOP FW3861

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2019, 05:29:22 PM »
For what its worth, I think the Access signal loss maybe fixable with a firmware update. Right now for me its only an annoyance of not staying connect to work with rapid fire on WU.

• My three HD displays stay connected, only the Access loses its signal connection.
  • The SD card in the Atlas HD display shows no missing data; its reporting data every 10 seconds. Proof that the Atlas is sending data.
  • Doubt that removing batteries and power to the Access would correct loss of signal if it were caused by local noise interference.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 07:05:59 PM by worachj »

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

anything