Author Topic: Convertion software from Weather Underground to OpenWeatherMap API  (Read 1610 times)

Offline BartKindt

I recently purchased a weather station.
In the process of this, I discovered that 99% of them are pre-programnmed (hard coded) to Upload their data to www.wunderground.com, in the format required by that API.
I then discovered that Weather Underground is "closing their API":
https://apicommunity.wunderground.com/weatherapi/topics/end-of-service-for-the-weather-underground-api

After founding this out, I decided for a weather station which comes with its own PC software and a USB cable which would give me more flexibility.

Still, it could not Upload its data to OpenWeatherMap, with its new API.

So I have written a (MS-Windows) program which acts as a Weather Underground API server, converts the imcoming data to the OpenWeatherMap API, and then Uploads it to their API. Works perfectly.

My question is: Is there interest with current 'Weather Underground' weather stations to switch to OpenWeatherMap using this conversion program?
If so, I will add some more features, and make it ready for Beta release.
Initially this will be free while still in Beta, but if I do go through all this work, I will later request a one-off small fee if people want to keep using it.

Let me know if it is worth my effort.

Thanks, Bart Kindt
Developer of (free) Search and Rescue software
www.sartrack.nz

anything