Author Topic: Weatherlink web template update problem  (Read 2430 times)

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Weatherlink web template update problem
« on: March 11, 2018, 10:03:48 PM »
Now that I have VVP working ok with Cumulus and Weatherlink I wanted to see if I could get Weatherlink updating my old Weatherlink template webpage http://www.komokaweather.com/weatherlink/Current_Vantage_Pro.htm
However Weatherlink has been unsuccessful in updating the remote site.  The Weatherlink download.log has
11/03/18  9:53p (My site name) Upload of Data Upload Profile(s) 1  partially completed. See error messages below.
 11/03/18  9:53p (FTP) Error (3) uploading file "Davis Logo.jpg" to location "public_html\weatherlink\".
 11/03/18  9:53p Error (3) uploading file "Davis Logo.jpg" to location "public_html\weatherlink\". WeatherLink will reset the FTP connection and try again.
 11/03/18  9:53p Downloaded My site name ok.
and the same errors show for each 5 min interval that Weatherlink does the web update.

I have the public_html/weatherlink folder to full permission.
I can manually FTP with Filezilla to the folder.
I have noticed that in the Weatherlink Internet Connection Settings that when I enter public_html/weatherlink/ and then OK the settings are then shown as public_html\weatherlink\  showing backslashes instead of forward slash, and the backslashes is what is shown in the download.log error.

I have called GoDaddy support and they can't see any issue from their side and no errors show there.  They can also manually add a file to the /weatherlink folder.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Paul

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
Re: Weatherlink web template update problem
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2018, 10:55:59 PM »
That would imply that "public_html\weatherlink\" is not correct, in some respect - perhaps a leading directory name is missing?

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 12:02:17 AM »

Thanks Dale.  I think I have tried any combination possible.  The weatherlink folder is in my root (public_html) - public_html/weatherlink/.  I have tried it without the public_html/ as just weatherlink/ and that gives the same error.  I have also experimented with a new public_html/test-wl/ and just test-wl/ but that also gives the error.

Weatherlink Internet Settings removes any leading / or \ I use in front of public_html whenever I save the settings and adds the \ at the end of weatherlink\, whether it is preceded by public_html/ or not.  Could you confirm from your settings that the backslash is correct?

I do need to use public_html/ for files uploaded by Cumulus i.e. public_html/weather/

I will persist...
Paul

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 12:05:21 AM »

Thanks Aardvark for your setting example.  I will get back at this, but later this morning...

Paul

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2018, 12:16:24 AM »
Quick update before bedtime...
The Current_Vantage_Pro.htm file is being updated in the /weatherlink folder so looks like a problem with the .gif images, which are not being updated.  Something to look for in the morning.

Paul

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Re: Weatherlink web template update problem - RESOLVED
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2018, 08:27:56 PM »
Update 2: Success!

I found that the settings in Weatherlink were correct as the Current_Vantage_Pro.htm was being uploaded at each 5-min interval.  But not the .gif files.  I then called GoDaddy again and all they did was made a couple of setting changes in my PHP settings to increase the Memory limit and Post-max size but this has not made any difference.  They suggested I post on the forum to see if there are any particular settings to be used for cPanel hosting and Weatherlink program.

Then as I was typing this post I double checked everything again and noticed that the upload seemed to stop at Davis Logo.jpg and then nothing further.  I removed this Davis Logo.jpg file for being uploaded and then at the next update it stopped at davisticker.class so then after removing this then all the other files uploaded at the next interval  www.komokaweather.com/weatherlink/Current_Vantage_Pro.htm.

So in conclusion, the upload stopped at a file with a space in the name, and also with the .class extension.  Not sure what this means but I am now a happy camper again.  These files were successfully uploaded when I had last used Weatherlink for template uploading in the summer of 2017.  I changed to cPanel this past December and that likely is the cause.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
Re: Weatherlink web template update problem - RESOLVED
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2018, 09:33:23 PM »
  These files were successfully uploaded when I had last used Weatherlink for template uploading in the summer of 2017. 

Before you got it fixed, the dates on the .gif files showed as 12/13/12.

Then as I was typing this post I double checked everything again and noticed that the upload seemed to stop at Davis Logo.jpg and then nothing further.  I removed this Davis Logo.jpg file for being uploaded and then at the next update it stopped at davisticker.class so then after removing this then all the other files uploaded at the next interval 

Just curious - do the Davis Logo.jpg and davisticker.class files actually exist, at the location from which Weatherlink was trying to upload them from?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 09:37:09 PM by dalecoy »

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2018, 10:40:19 PM »
Hi Dale,
Yes, the dates of the files before the current updates were from when I upgraded to cPanel in December when all files were removed from the old hosting plan and then added back into cPanel hosting.  They had previously been uploaded by Weatherlink when I had last run it before the cPanel upgrade and I can't recall when that was.  I thought perhaps last summer but it may have been much longer ago.

Whether those 2 files existed in the pointed folder, that is a good question.  They would have been at some time in the past for me to select them in the Internet settings when the template worked.  Those files are in the same \Weatherlink_6-0-2\template folder where the Current_Vantage_Pro.htm file exists and to where the Internet settings pointed.  I also have \Weatherlink-6-0-2\template\test and \Weatherlink-6-0-2\mystationname\template.  Three of these \template folder have those 2 files and one does not.  BUT, as I had removed those 2 files from uploading earlier this evening and can't 100% recall whether in the previous settings they were pointed to the correct folder, they may not have been.  I have now added them back to upload using the \template folder where they are and now they are being uploaded at the 5 min interval.  So my previous conclusion might be wrong, but I am still a happy camper.

I have not been very familiar with the Weatherlink template and the one currently being uploaded was from 2009 when I first created a webpage.  It needs some major revisiting if I want to continue using them. 

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2018, 11:44:44 AM »
...  I have now added them back to upload using the \template folder where they are and now they are being uploaded at the 5 min interval. 

Just so I understand - are you saying that the "Error (3) uploading file" problem was because the file didn't exist?

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2018, 12:11:47 PM »
Just so I understand - are you saying that the "Error (3) uploading file" problem was because the file didn't exist?
No, not saying that as I really don't know now if they existed during this recent problem.  I presume they must have been in the folder when I last uploaded the template a while back as I had not changed anything in the Weatherlink_6_0_2 folder, unless the former hosting plan did not fail if it encountered a non-existing file.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2018, 01:02:25 PM »
No, not saying that as I really don't know now if they existed during this recent problem.  I presume they must have been in the folder when I last uploaded the template a while back as I had not changed anything in the Weatherlink_6_0_2 folder, unless the former hosting plan did not fail if it encountered a non-existing file.

Enjoy,
Paul

Oh.  Well, you could add to our collective knowledge fairly easily. 

Just (temporarily) rename the "Davis Logo.jpg" file to "Davis Logo.txt", and see if the same error occurs.

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2018, 02:05:02 PM »
Hi Dale,
I have tried that, and then back to an error and failing to upload all the following files.  This was (FTP) Error (2).  Renaming it back to original then all uploads occur.  So from this test a missing file causes the error and stops updating.

Paul

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2018, 02:41:36 PM »
  So from this test a missing file causes the error and stops updating.
Paul

Thanks.  That's valuable information (and, of course, would have probably led to fixing your problem rather quickly).