Author Topic: VWS no longer functions after Davis Wireles 3.12 firmware upgrade  (Read 3250 times)

Offline tnwxman

• Forecaster
  • KK4QXH
    • Weather for Lebanon, TN 37087
VWS no longer functions after Davis Wireles 3.12 firmware upgrade
« on: September 12, 2013, 01:37:05 PM »
Hello,

This morning I installed the Davis Wireless firmware 3.12  to my console without issue. I have Weather Display, Weather Link, and Virtual Weather Station all running off VVP. After the update to the firmware to the Davis console all weather software boots and works with an exception of VWS. VWS (14.01 p49) boots, the download data message appears then the download message goes to about record one to 14 (depends some time 3 or 14) then disappears and all my parameters display zero. The program just sits there. The display in VVP shows VWS as one scond sent and one second heard from. The parameters in Weather Link (6.0.3) and Weather Display (10.37R build 74) all appear to be working correctly. My version of VVP is 1.2.5 registered. I am running Windows 7.  Any ideas why VWS is not showing the data, everything worked fine until the firmware update.

Best regards,

Bob
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 01:39:35 PM by tnwxman »
Bob
KK4QXH

Offline moehoward4

• Forecaster
  • Jack in SE MA.
Re: VWS no longer functions after Davis Wireles 3.12 firmware upgrade
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 02:16:31 PM »
When I went to 3.12, VWS would not work with VVP, everything else would. I went back to 1.90 and it started working again.  ](*,) I think there is a problem with 3.12 and VVP, yet to be fixed.
3 Davis set-ups...which one ya wanna talk about? And I got ALL my manuals....

Offline tnwxman

• Forecaster
  • KK4QXH
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 02:36:17 PM »
Thanks for the information. Big question how do I go back to 1.90?
Bob
KK4QXH

Offline Weather Display

• Forecaster
    • West Coast Road Weather Data
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 03:19:43 PM »
there has been lots of threads about this issue (that VVP is not able to pass along a command issued by VWS)
Brian
info@weather-display.com
http://www.weather-display.com

Offline jgillett

• Forecaster
  • Boltek, Win7 Pro, ToA
    • TiggrWeather Phoenix
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 10:46:35 PM »
Drop a note to Davis support. They sent me v1.90, but it's too big to attach here.
John
W7JKG

Offline piconut

• Juggler Extraordinaire
  • Forecaster
    • South Austin Weather
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2013, 11:20:33 PM »
If you want v1.90 it is available from the Davis web site here:

http://www.davisnet.com/support/weather/downloads/software_frmwr.asp

• Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus
  • Virtual VP
  • Virtual Weather Station V15.00
  • Cumulus
  • Cumulus MX
  • Image Salsa
  • IP TimeLapse

Offline Bunty

• Forecaster
  • Stillwater, home of Oklahoma State University
    • Welcome to Stillwater Weather
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2013, 02:31:37 PM »
Hello,

This morning I installed the Davis Wireless firmware 3.12  to my console without issue. I have Weather Display, Weather Link, and Virtual Weather Station all running off VVP. After the update to the firmware to the Davis console all weather software boots and works with an exception of VWS. VWS (14.01 p49) boots, the download data message appears then the download message goes to about record one to 14 (depends some time 3 or 14) then disappears and all my parameters display zero. The program just sits there. The display in VVP shows VWS as one scond sent and one second heard from. The parameters in Weather Link (6.0.3) and Weather Display (10.37R build 74) all appear to be working correctly. My version of VVP is 1.2.5 registered. I am running Windows 7.  Any ideas why VWS is not showing the data, everything worked fine until the firmware update.

Best regards,

Bob

Going by the fact that 3.12 firmware works with earlier versions of Weatherlink up to the 5.83 version, you might want to try an earlier version of VWS.

Also the 2nd home page using modified AltDashboard 6.95 at http://stillwaterweather.com/2ndhome.php

Offline tnwxman

• Forecaster
  • KK4QXH
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2013, 10:13:31 AM »
Thank you everyone for the input. Davis suggested I try the procedure to clear a data logger lock-up. It did not work. They also suggested (as advice given by others here in this thread) to go back to firmware 1.90. I did go back to firmware 1.90 and everything is working again.

Again thanks for your help and advice.

Bob
Bob
KK4QXH