Author Topic: ICDSoft updating to php ver 5.5 as default  (Read 1648 times)

Offline Mark / Ohio

• Live from Mars!
  • Forecaster
    • Fairfield County Weather
ICDSoft updating to php ver 5.5 as default
« on: November 26, 2015, 12:33:09 PM »
Received the below email:

We would like to inform you of an upcoming change in the PHP configuration of our servers. The default PHP interpreter will be switched from PHP 5.3 to PHP 5.5 on server340.com which hosts your account for fairfieldcountyweather.com, on December 9, 2015, at 11:00 UTC.

As there are some widely used features removed in PHP versions after 5.3, we advise you to make sure that the software you use on your account is upgraded to its latest version, and that it does not rely on outdated features. You can find a full list of disabled features and incompatibilities between PHP 5.3 and 5.5 using these resources:
http://php.net/manual/en/migration54.incompatible.php
http://php.net/manual/en/migration55.incompatible.php

You can test whether your site software is fully compatible with PHP 5.5 prior to the change by switching the default PHP interpreter for your account to 5.5. You can refer to the following FAQ article for more information on switching your interpreter to PHP 5.5:
http://www.suresupport.com/faq/14/98

If your site works normally after you have added the .htaccess directive, then there is nothing more you need to do regarding the change of the default PHP interpreter.

IMPORTANT: During the switch procedure, the functions "register_globals" and "magic quotes" will be effectively turned off, being "on" so far. We will also comment out such unsupported directives in any php.ini files on your account, as otherwise the site will display an error after the switch. However, if the site software you use relies on directives such as "register_globals" and/or "magic_quotes_gpc", their removal can cause functional and/or security issues. That's why we strongly advise you to make sure that the software you use is compatible with PHP 5.5.

After the switch, PHP 5.3 will continue to be supported on the servers for a limited period of time. Given that it has been in end-of-life status for more than a year, we might be forced to remove it from our servers immediately, if a vulnerability is discovered in the future.

If you need any additional information, you can always contact our support team by posting a ticket at http://www.suresupport.com.

Best regards,
ICDSoft Team

----------------------

For testing I forced ver 5.5 on my webiste using the .htaccess as they describe.  Looks like the only thing that is going to break is the thermometer.php file.  The below is the error I get.  Could just be something in my other code doing it to I suppose.

Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home/fairfield/www/www/Settings.php on line 103

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/fairfield/www/www/Settings.php:103) in /home/fairfield/www/www/include-style-switcher.php on line 30

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/fairfield/www/www/Settings.php:103) in /home/fairfield/www/www/include-style-switcher.php on line 349

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/fairfield/www/www/Settings.php:103) in /home/fairfield/www/www/include-style-switcher.php on line 349

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/fairfield/www/www/Settings.php:103) in /home/fairfield/www/www/thermometer.php on line 404

Mark 
2002 Davis VP I Wireless, WeatherLink (Serial), GRLevel3, VirtualVP, StartWatch, Weather Display, Windows 10

Offline HamiltonNJWeather

• Contributor
    • HamiltonWeather.Net
Re: ICDSoft updating to php ver 5.5 as default
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 12:35:13 PM »
I've been running 5.5 on ICDsoft for about two months now, haven't had any issues whatsoever.

www.hamiltonweather.net
John

Offline Mark / Ohio

• Live from Mars!
  • Forecaster
ICDSoft updating to php ver 5.5 as default
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2015, 03:33:41 PM »
Thanks,  I'll bet I have an outdated version of settings..php or one of the other files. My thermometer seems to be the current version but I did not think at the time how they all interact with each other.  Something for me to check.
Mark 
2002 Davis VP I Wireless, WeatherLink (Serial), GRLevel3, VirtualVP, StartWatch, Weather Display, Windows 10

Offline gwwilk

• Southeast Lincoln Weather
  • Forecaster
    • SouthEast Lincoln, NE Weather
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2015, 06:10:24 PM »
I've been running 5.5 on ICDsoft for about two months now, haven't had any issues whatsoever.

www.hamiltonweather.net
Just FJY*, your profile's web site URL (the globe beneath your avatar) isn't current.

Edit: *FJY???.  Too much turkey this afternoon.  You knew I meant 'FYI', didn't you.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 08:02:39 PM by gwwilk »
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline HamiltonNJWeather

• Contributor
    • HamiltonWeather.Net
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2015, 06:30:24 PM »

www.hamiltonweather.net
Just FJY, your profile's web site URL (the globe beneath your avatar) isn't current.

Thanks for reminding me.
John

Offline Mark / Ohio

• Live from Mars!
  • Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2015, 08:56:01 PM »
Turns out I did have an old version of thermometer.php.  Seems OK now after updating.

Pssst Ken,

You missed adding an update on your page.   ;)

http://saratoga-weather.org/scripts-widget.php#thermometer
Mark 

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2015, 06:45:23 PM »
Turns out I did have an old version of thermometer.php.  Seems OK now after updating.

Pssst Ken,

Mark, et al,

Are we are all talking about the same thermometer.php file? I just looked at what I am running and it shows:
  • // Version 1.14 - 26-Jul-2014 - corrected Notice: error in script after WeatherSnoop addition
While your version shows:
  • // Version 1.05 - 21-Oct-2009 - added support for Cumulus realtime.txt
Obviously, there is considerable difference between these two file versions.

However, looking at Ken's "check-fetch-times.php?show=versions", I see it shows:
  • $Version = "check-fetch-times.php Version 1.14 - 06-Jul-2015";
and, the version of thermometer.php being current as:
  • Common   thermometer.php   Current   V1.14 - 2014-07-26   V1.14 - 2014-07-26   1.14 - 26-Jul-2014 - corrected Notice: error in script after WeatherSnoop addition
Looks like something is out of sync somewhere...

BTW, I also got an email from ICDSoft saying the same thing except the date noted was "December 11, 2015, at 11:00 UTC". Perhaps it is due to different servers being updated at different times.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 06:48:32 PM by W3DRM »
Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37s150,
StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech HD Pro C920 webcam (off-line)
--- RIPE Atlas Probe - 32849

Offline Mark / Ohio

• Live from Mars!
  • Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2015, 08:02:16 PM »
Yeah, decided to look at Ken's updates page and discovered the much newer file.  So I looked in the base USA package I had recently downloaded and found the newer version in it.  Uploaded it and all was well again.  The version of thermometer.php I had originally was a 2011 version I think I got with the base USA zip files when I was setting up the 5 second updates with VWS.

I tend to not get around to updates unless something breaks.   #-o 
Mark 

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2015, 07:33:38 PM »

Pssst Ken,

And, you are correct Mark... I've not been updating the 'standalone' thermometer.php, just the Template one.  I'll 'sneak' and update to the standalone one, and hopefully get all the version info matching correctly. :)
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline ed2kayak

• Ed
  • Forecaster
  • Davis Vantage Pro2 w/12 hr FARS, solar/uv
    • Cumberland Valley Weather
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2015, 08:10:16 PM »
Hello,  looks like I'm scheduled for Dec 9 php change from 5.3 to 5.5. I get these errors testing site:

Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /home/cvweather/www/www/Settings.php on line 104

Deprecated: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in /home/cvweather/www/www/whos-online/include-whos-online-header.php on line 120

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/cvweather/www/www/Settings.php:104) in /home/cvweather/www/www/Settings.php on line 364

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/cvweather/www/www/Settings.php:104) in /home/cvweather/www/www/top.php on line 38

The Deprecated: mysql_connect() has been discussed on another thread. Any suggestions for the other errors?

Thanks

Ed
Ed
CoCoRaHS PA-CD-6,  Weather Underground KPAMECHA7, CWOP DW5425

Offline icdsoft

• http://icdsoft.com
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2015, 06:00:07 AM »
The Deprecated: mysql_connect() has been discussed on another thread. Any suggestions for the other errors?

Ed,

You can resolve the date() issue by inserting this in your global php.ini file (Control Panel -> PHP Settings -> Advanced):
date.timezone = "America/New_York"

Actually, we will automatically insert this line in your php.ini file during the conversion process on the scheduled date, but you can do it yourself now, if you want to test the site with PHP 5.5 prior to the conversion.

The last two issues are probably a result of the first two errors, so once you resolve the first two, the second two will go away.

If you need any assistance with the adjustment of the PHP settings, or other issues, you can always count on our support team as well.

Best to everyone,
ICDSoft Team

Offline ed2kayak

• Ed
  • Forecaster
  • Davis Vantage Pro2 w/12 hr FARS, solar/uv
    • Cumberland Valley Weather
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2015, 06:16:41 AM »

You can resolve the date() issue by inserting this in your global php.ini file (Control Panel -> PHP Settings -> Advanced):
date.timezone = "America/New_York"

ICDSoft Team

That worked.

Didn't expect to see ICDSoft support posting here.  Thank you.   :-)

Ed
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 10:06:59 AM by ed2kayak »
Ed
CoCoRaHS PA-CD-6,  Weather Underground KPAMECHA7, CWOP DW5425

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2015, 01:20:12 PM »
The Date error can be fixed by changing Settings.php line
Code: [Select]
$SITE['copyr']            = '© ' . date("Y",time()) . ', Cumberland Valley Weather';
to
Code: [Select]
$SITE['copyr']            = '© ' . gmdate("Y",time()) . ', Cumberland Valley Weather';

Sorry, can't help with the mySQL stuff..

Best regards,
Ken
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP