Author Topic: what software comes with the Honeywell TE923W?  (Read 7838 times)

Offline ANPweather

• Contributor
    • Anthem North Parkside, AZ
what software comes with the Honeywell TE923W?
« on: August 03, 2007, 04:28:10 PM »
Curious what PC software comes with the Honeywell and if it's useful for posting stats to a site like wunderground.

Davis Vantage Vue, Davis Pro 2 Console with Wifi Logger
Weather Display software
WU: KAZNEWRI17
PWS: ANTHEMNP
CWOP: EW7526

Online saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
Re: what software comes with the Honeywell TE923W?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 03:56:46 PM »
I think it's called 'Weather Capture', but the Honeywell manuals are kinda vague on that point.  the 923W manual says "Software".  The 924W manual says 'Weather Capture'.

The station is supported by Weather-Display which will allow upload to APRS, Wunderground, AWEKAS, WeatherForYou and AnythingWeather.

Sorry I couldn't be more help...
Best regards,
Ken
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline ANPweather

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 02:05:10 AM »
Thanks for the answer. I've been doing some more digging and it does seem that the Honeywell comes with Weather Capture although most if not all reports I've seen say that WC is terrible. Apparently Weather Display and Weatherstation Operation (support forum only in German :? ) are the only other software that supports the Honeywell.

Now I still have to decide between the TE923w or the OS WMR928 or WMR100

Weather Display software

Offline windy

• Grahams Beach Weather
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2007, 03:13:29 PM »
one thing with the irox station, it only updates every 1 minute to the PC
the wmr100 is USB, but you get much faster updates to the PC (every 3 to 5 seconds for windspeed)
But the quality of the sensors is better with the irox compare to the wmr100 though
also the irox stores missed data that the pc software (i recommend weather display to work with it, LOL) can retrieve (5 minute logging interval (you need to set that from the default of 30 minutes)
note that both the irox and the wmr100 use AA batteries in the sensors (last a year), the wmr968 uses a rechargable phone type battery charged by a solar sensor
also the wmr100 the windspeed and temperature/humidity are all part of the same instrument array, not really the best system (as you want to measure temperature at eye level but measure windspeed at 33 feet (ideally)
the irox has separate sensors, as does the wmr968 (also the wmr968 is only every 15 seconds updates for windspeeds

Offline ANPweather

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2007, 07:10:43 PM »
Thanks windy. They each have pluses and minuses.
I have an old laptop I can semi dedicate to a PWS. The Honeywell's ability to store during those other times is a plus. The most expensive of the three (but not by that much) by the time I add the WD software. I did find mention of WeatherView software in the specs at the end of the manual. WV32 is very expensive to get internet capability and, according to their website, doesn't support the TE923W.

I like the idea of the solar cells on the WM968 but, by far, the best location for my temperature sensor is under a tree in my back yard. So much for the solar cell. I'd also be curious about the replacement cost of the rechargeable batteries vs. AAs for the others.

The WMR100 is interesting. Less expensive than he Honeywell. It does update faster, but no storage. Lower quality instruments and the integrated temp sensor puts it up at the peak of my roof.

Hmmm, I think I just decided on the Honeywell.

:lol:

Weather Display software

Offline windy

• Grahams Beach Weather
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2007, 07:27:56 PM »
Hi
you should find weather display has all the internet functionality of WV32 and more ,and no, WV32 does not support the TE923W :wink: