Author Topic: Animate GRLevel3 Radar Using FlAniS  (Read 38479 times)

Offline ELDoradoWx

• El Dorado Weather
  • Senior Contributor
  • Gentoo X = Complete_Control
    • El Dorado Weather
Re: Animate GRLevel3 Radar Using FlAniS
« Reply #100 on: March 24, 2011, 07:18:49 PM »
"grlevel3.cfg configuration file "  I don't seem to have one of these config files?

In your 'object code', what's this do?  pause_percent=200

Thanks
Tom

Hi Tom,

So sorry for the errant help. You are running the all-in-one version without the need of the config file.

Basically the pause_percent=200 is the amount of time the animation pauses on the last frame before it begins anew.

In your object and embed code there are 2 places where you will need to add the "rate = 25" parameters.

Here is the code you are running but it includes the "rate=25" parameters in 2 separate places, just replace your code with the new code below and then adjust the two "rate = 25" parameters:

Code: [Select]
<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,0,0" id="FlAniS" width="644" height="700">
      <param name="movie" value="http://k4kmgweather.com/flanis/flanis.swf">
      <param name="quality" value="high">
      <param name="menu" value="false">
      <param name="wmode" value="opaque">
      <param name="FlashVars" value="backcolor=#000000&amp;forecolor=#FFFFFF&amp;controls=startstop, looprock, step, speed, firstlast, zoom, refresh, toggle&amp;controls_tooltip=Start &amp; Stop, Rock Frames Back &amp; Forth, Step Image One at a Time, Set Frame Speed, Go to First or Last Image, Zoom In, Refresh, Click to Remove Frame From Animation&amp;rate=25&amp;pause_percent=200&amp;rocking=false&amp;active_zoom=true&amp;keep_zoom=true&amp;no_enh=true&amp;image_base=http://k4kmgweather.com/GR3/&amp;filenames=kclx_cr_9.jpg, kclx_cr_8.jpg, kclx_cr_7.jpg, kclx_cr_6.jpg, kclx_cr_5.jpg, kclx_cr_4.jpg, kclx_cr_3.jpg, kclx_cr_2.jpg, kclx_cr_1.jpg, kclx_cr_0.jpg">
<embed src="http://k4kmgweather.com/flanis/flanis.swf" name="FlAniS" swliveconnect="false" quality="high" menu="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" scale="noscale" flashvars="backcolor=#000000&amp;forecolor=#FFFFFF&amp;controls=startstop, looprock, step, speed, firstlast, zoom, refresh, toggle&amp;controls_tooltip=Start &amp; Stop, Rock Frames Back &amp; Forth, Step Image One at a Time, Set Frame Speed, Go to First or Last Image, Zoom In, Refresh, Click to Remove Frame From Animation&amp;rate=25&amp;pause_percent=200&amp;rocking=false&amp;active_zoom=true&amp;keep_zoom=true&amp;no_enh=true&amp;image_base=http://k4kmgweather.com/GR3/&amp;filenames=kclx_cr_9.jpg, kclx_cr_8.jpg, kclx_cr_7.jpg, kclx_cr_6.jpg, kclx_cr_5.jpg, kclx_cr_4.jpg, kclx_cr_3.jpg, kclx_cr_2.jpg, kclx_cr_1.jpg, kclx_cr_0.jpg" wmode="opaque" width="644" height="700">

</object>

-Danny
-root is everything

Offline K3JAE

• Contributor
  • Davis VP2 Wireless
    • K3JAE's Weather Station
« Reply #101 on: May 10, 2011, 09:57:54 PM »
My GR3 Animation script worked fine until my Host moved all my files to another server.

Now I get
Code: [Select]
Could not read config file! Error=[IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2032"]
Help????

RESOLVED
Obviously the config files were never moved to the new server. Uploaded the config text files to the GR3 folder, updated permissions and problem resolved itself.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 01:10:42 AM by K3JAE »

73's de K3JAE

John
K3JAE Weather Station

Offline bbrissey

• Bensweather
« Reply #102 on: July 27, 2015, 07:50:14 PM »
Hey guys, I'm struggling to figure this out, I don't know if I have the right config files, and/or what to put in where. Once I get it working I can reverse engineer the naming convention, but it gets stuck on reading files. Everything is here, could ya have a peak pretty please?

http://www.bensweather.com/flanis/

Thanks for any insight of what I need to do to get this working.

Offline Maumelle Weather

• Forecaster
    • Maumelle Weather
« Reply #103 on: July 27, 2015, 08:40:49 PM »
Hi,

You will need this as a configuration file.

Copy what you see below into a .txt file, then upload to your website. I had this file sitting in my root directory when I used it. Also, if you are wanting to upload more than one type, you will need a .txt file for each radar type.

controls=startstop, looprock, step, speed, firstlast, zoom, refresh, toggle
controls_tooltip = Start & Stop, Rock Frames Back & Forth, Step Image One at a Time, Set Frame Speed, Go to First or Last Image, Zoom In, Refresh, Click to Remove Frame From Animation
filenames = GR3/br1_9.jpg, GR3/br1_8.jpg, GR3/br1_7.jpg, GR3/br1_6.jpg, GR3/br1_5.jpg, GR3/br1_4.jpg, GR3/br1_3.jpg, GR3/br1_2.jpg, GR3/br1_1.jpg, GR3/br1_0.jpg
start_frame = 1
start_looping = true
rate = 25
backcolor = #000000
forecolor = #ffffff
no_enh = true

Like Doug suggested, change the filenames to what you are using.

Hope this helps,

John
GR2AE, GR3, Cumulus

Offline bbrissey

• Bensweather
« Reply #104 on: July 27, 2015, 09:32:37 PM »
Ah ok, thanks! And what do I name this file? grlevel3.txt?

Offline Maumelle Weather

• Forecaster
    • Maumelle Weather
« Reply #105 on: July 27, 2015, 09:34:26 PM »
You can name it anything you wish, but make sure you reference it in the script on your radar page.
GR2AE, GR3, Cumulus

Offline bbrissey

• Bensweather
« Reply #106 on: July 27, 2015, 09:40:08 PM »
I think that's where I'm hung up, I have to put it somewhere in the flanis.cfg file? (below)

backcolor=0x800000
controls=startstop, speed, zoom, show, looprock, /refresh, location/on, probe/on
bottom_controls=overlay,toggle
#controls=setframe

#active_zoom=true
bottom_controls = toggle
#no_controls=true

content_position=20,20
start_frame = 1
toggle_onoff = 1,0,1

zoom_scale = 10.0
controls_gap=1
probe_style=0xff00ff,0x00ff00
use_caching=true
use_anti_caching = false
filenames=cr_9.jpg, cr_8.jpg, cr_7.jpg, cr_6.jpg, cr_5.jpg, cr_4.jpg, cr_3.jpg, cr_2.jpg, cr_1.jpg, cr_0.jpg
frame_label = one, two, three
#frame_label_style=0x000000, 0xffffff,20,30
overlay_filenames = play/TSFC0.GIF&play/TSFC1.GIF&play/TSFC2.GIF, play/mask0.gif&play/mask1.gif&play/mask2.gif

transparency = 0x000000
#dwell_rates=300,500,1000
image_preserve=0,0,640,20, 100,380,200,400

debug=false

coordinates=50,-109,30,-76
coordinates_style = 0x40808080, 0x000000, , LAT=, LONG=, 3
location_label=LatLon
map_scale=10

toggle_size=5,10,20

overlay_labels=Surface Data, Some Data/mask
overlay_labels_placement = 10&0, 10&20
overlay_labels_color=0xff00ff,0xffff00
overlay_labels_mouseover_color=0xffffff,0x00ff00
#pause=100
minimum_dwell = 10
rate = 100
#rocking=true
keep_zoom=true

#hotspot=0,0,10,10,url,http://testing
#hotspot1=10,10,10,10,fof,my_fof.txt
#hotspot2=100,100,10,10,popup,my_fof.txt
#hotspot3=150,150,10,10,fof,my_fof.txt150
#hotspot4=200,200,10,10,fof,my_fof.txt200

Offline Maumelle Weather

• Forecaster
    • Maumelle Weather
« Reply #107 on: July 27, 2015, 09:52:02 PM »
That must the newer version of Flanis I could never make work with the flanis.cfg file. Could of been me.  Below is the code that I used within my radar pages.  This code goes into the body of your radar page. Also, attached is the version of Flanis I used and 2 other config files for 2 other types of radar.

<table style="border:0px solid #000000; text-align:center; vertical-align:middle;">

<tr><td style="padding:3px; text-align:center; vertical-align:middle;">

<form action="">

<span style="color:#000000; font-size:13px; font-family:arial, times new roman;">

<b>Select radar type:</b> &nbsp;

</span>

<select style="border:1px solid #000000; background-color:#FFFFFF; font-size:11px;" name="menu" onChange="top.location.href = this.form.menu.options[this.form.menu.selectedIndex].value; return false;">

<option value="http://sacrey.info/wxgr3radar.php">BR1 - Base Reflectivity 0.5&deg;</option>
<option value="http://sacrey.info/wxgr3bvradar.php">BV - Base Velocity</option>
<option value="http://sacrey.info/wxgr3srvradar.php">SRV - Storm Relative Velocity</option>

</select>

</form>

</td></tr></table>

<br/>

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://sacrey.info/flanis/flanis.swf" width="628" height="532" id="FlAniS">
      <param name="movie" value="http://sacrey.info/GR3/flanis/flanis.swf" />
      <param name="quality" value="high" />
      <param name="menu" value="false"/>
      <param name="wmode" value="opaque" />
     <param name="FlashVars" value="configFilename=grlevel3.txt" />
</object>

Hope this helps,

John
GR2AE, GR3, Cumulus

Offline gwwilk

• Southeast Lincoln Weather
  • Forecaster
    • SouthEast Lincoln, NE Weather
« Reply #108 on: July 28, 2015, 01:23:38 AM »
Here is a different approach to displaying the GRLevel3 Radar using FlAnis once you have the desire radar images uploading to your site's /grlevel3 directory.  All possible GRLevel3 Radar types can be displayed, including the Dual-Pole radars with legends and a PDF in the next post due to file size limitations to be placed in /images for further study.  You can see how it works here on my site.

These scripts will display any or all of your local GRLevel3 radar sequences that you are uploading to your website by using jQuery's 'load' function to reload the file, inc-gr3flanis.php, rather than loading a new page for each radar type.

Several configuration steps need to be taken:
1)  In wxgr3flanis.php line 53 set your preferred default radar if it isn't 'BR1';
2)  In gr3radar_select-submit.php comment out those radar types you're not using (<!-- ... -->);
3)  In inc-gr3flanis.php change the link in line 88, 'href="wxusalerts.php"', to your preference
       and in line 97 change 'koax' to your radar site;
4)  Copy the files in the /images folder to your site's /images folder;
5)  Copy the three php scripts to your site's root folder.

Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline gwwilk

• Forecaster
« Reply #109 on: July 28, 2015, 01:24:04 AM »
Here's the PDF which also goes in your /images folder.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 01:27:16 AM by gwwilk »
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline Breezy

• Indian Trail Weather
  • Forecaster
    • Indian Trail Weather
« Reply #110 on: July 29, 2015, 06:23:59 AM »
Do I need an Allison House subscription to display the GRLevel3 Radar using FIAnis?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 06:51:51 AM by Breezy »
Jeff

W7-64, Intel Z170A 16 GB RAM
Davis VP2 Plus, Davis Soil Moisture/Temp Sensors, Laser Snow Depth Sensor LR4/Fluke 414D

Offline jmcmurry

• Jim McMurry
  • Forecaster
  • Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus Wireless.
    • Juneau County Weather
« Reply #111 on: July 29, 2015, 06:52:33 AM »
No, you'd only need the GRLevel3 program.

- Jim

Forum Search and Google Can be Your Best Friends

Offline gwwilk

• Forecaster
« Reply #112 on: July 29, 2015, 06:57:55 AM »
Do you need an Allison House subscription to display the GRLevel3 Radar using FIAnis?
No, but the additional information available from Allison House plus the reduced load on NWS servers that results from downloading the radar images from Allison House (especially when maxing out on radar types like I do) makes it worthwhile for me.  The Ridge Radar sequence is great, but it only includes five radar types (e.g. no Echo Tops) and doesn't give you the control you get with GRLevel3.  On the other hand, it's absolutely free and has a much reduced server load sequence per sequence vs. GRLevel3.
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline Breezy

• Indian Trail Weather
  • Forecaster
    • Indian Trail Weather
« Reply #113 on: July 29, 2015, 07:21:44 AM »
Thanks Jim and Jerry. I've used Jerry's setup instructions but the radar image is not showing. http://indiantrailweather.com/wxgr3flanis.php

Unfortunately, GoDaddy is down at the present time.

Best regards,

Jeff

Jeff

Davis VP2 Plus, Davis Soil Moisture/Temp Sensors, Laser Snow Depth Sensor LR4/Fluke 414D

Offline gwwilk

• Forecaster
« Reply #114 on: July 29, 2015, 07:30:15 AM »
Thanks Jim and Jerry. I've used Jerry's setup instructions but the radar image is not showing. http://indiantrailweather.com/wxgr3flanis.php

Unfortunately, GoDaddy is down at the present time.

Best regards,

Jeff
Did you perform this step:
3)  In inc-gr3flanis.php change the link in line 88, 'href="wxusalerts.php"', to your preference
       and in line 97 change 'koax' to your radar site;?
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline Breezy

• Indian Trail Weather
  • Forecaster
    • Indian Trail Weather
« Reply #115 on: July 29, 2015, 07:36:12 AM »
Yes.  'href="wxadvisories.php" and "kenx"
Jeff

Offline Breezy

• Indian Trail Weather
  • Forecaster
    • Indian Trail Weather
« Reply #116 on: July 29, 2015, 02:55:45 PM »
Just looking here and your images are located in your GR3 folder:http://indiantrailweather.com/GR3/kenx_br1_9.jpg
In your config file should this (image_base=/grlevel3) be changed to /GR3? But this is within a template so may be bad advice.

Doug

Doug,

What is the config file name? I don't think that I have a config file.

Jeff
Jeff

Offline Breezy

• Indian Trail Weather
  • Forecaster
    • Indian Trail Weather
« Reply #117 on: July 29, 2015, 03:13:59 PM »
No go but thanks for the idea.  :idea:
Jeff

Offline gwwilk

• Forecaster
« Reply #118 on: July 29, 2015, 04:43:03 PM »
Doug:  The configuration is done in 'wxgr3flanis.php' and 'inc-gr3flanis.php'.

Breezy, depending upon the location of your GRLevel3 images, you may need to search for '/grlevel3' in 'inc-gr3flanis.php' in line 44 and change '/grlevel3' to your images' location.  There is another occurrence of '/grlevel3' that you should leave alone.  Sometime I need to consider creating variables for the image directory and radar location.
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline Breezy

• Indian Trail Weather
  • Forecaster
    • Indian Trail Weather
« Reply #119 on: July 29, 2015, 05:00:05 PM »
Breezy, depending upon the location of your GRLevel3 images, you may need to search for '/grlevel3' in 'inc-gr3flanis.php' in line 44 and change '/grlevel3' to your images' location.  There is another occurrence of '/grlevel3' that you should leave alone.  Sometime I need to consider creating variables for the image directory and radar location.

I changed /grlevel3' in 'inc-gr3flanis.php' in line 44 to "GR3" but no go yet.

Sometime I need to consider creating variables for the image directory and radar location.

I don't have the PHP expertise to resolve this issue.   ](*,)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 05:40:14 PM by Breezy »
Jeff

Offline gwwilk

• Forecaster
« Reply #120 on: July 29, 2015, 06:07:59 PM »
OK, fair enough.

Attached is a version 2 that has variables for your radar location and your server's GRLevel3 image directory in addition to the default radar type.

Another thing you MUST do, Breezy, is go to the first post in this thread and set up FlAniS according to Danny's instructions.  Your 'wxgr3flanis.php' falls over immediately because there's no http://indiantrailweather.com/flanis/flanis.swf!

This is an alternate method of displaying the images using FlAniS per Danny's scripts at El Dorado Wx.  The 'Three-In-One' eliminates full page loads when a new radar type is selected and you need just these three scripts on your server instead of one for each radar type you're displaying.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 06:17:59 PM by gwwilk »
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline bbrissey

• Bensweather
« Reply #121 on: July 29, 2015, 08:13:24 PM »
I actually got it working, somehow. lol

Thanks for all the advice & help!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 09:23:29 PM by bbrissey »

Offline Breezy

• Indian Trail Weather
  • Forecaster
    • Indian Trail Weather
« Reply #122 on: July 30, 2015, 08:03:58 AM »
Another thing you MUST do, Breezy, is go to the first post in this thread and set up FlAniS according to Danny's instructions.  Your 'wxgr3flanis.php' falls over immediately because there's no http://indiantrailweather.com/flanis/flanis.swf!

I need to setup a new "flanis" directory within the root and upload all the new files to the "flanis" folder. Correct? Where is the "flanis.swf" file located (where do I download from?)?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 08:25:18 AM by Breezy »
Jeff

Offline gwwilk

• Forecaster
« Reply #123 on: July 30, 2015, 09:10:16 AM »

I need to setup a new "flanis" directory within the root and upload all the new files to the "flanis" folder. Correct? Where is the "flanis.swf" file located (where do I download from?)?
The first post in this thread links to the source and docs which contain the information and files you need for the basic FlAniS functioning.  You then need the last files I posted to display your images via FlAniS.

Note that FlAniS is rapidly becoming supplanted by HTML5 animations know as HAniS.  This implementation has been developed by StormQuest Software and Tom Whittaker.  Implementation instructions and multiple live NOAA satellite image demo animations can be seen here.  Someday I hope to understand this well enough to animate my GRLevel3 images with it.
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline Breezy

• Indian Trail Weather
  • Forecaster
    • Indian Trail Weather
« Reply #124 on: July 30, 2015, 09:20:04 AM »
Thanks for your help. I can't locate Danny's file download link. I'll contact him.

Best regards,

Jeff

Jeff