Author Topic: WH2310 USB locked up  (Read 447 times)

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
WH2310 USB locked up
« on: February 08, 2019, 07:05:01 PM »
Anyone know how to get data flowing again from a locked up USB port on the WH2310 display? It lets power come through the cord, and data is received on the display from outdoor sensors, but nothing is being set out of the USB to upload data to websites. Meteobridge cannot see anything. I've tried many resets, and even took the display apart and hit the joints with a hot soldering iron. Nothing worked...
Is there some secret to these displays? I've seen the WS2080 displays have locked up as well.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Re: WH2310 USB locked up
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2019, 08:42:52 AM »
Some troubleshooting steps that you probably already tried, but just to be sure...
Restart computer.
Try a different USB cable in case it went bad.
Did you test the computer USB port that it will work with a USB flash drive or something else?
Or better yet did you try a different computer to be sure it doesn't have a USB driver issue?

Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
Re: WH2310 USB locked up
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2019, 08:51:11 AM »
I tried all that, but I use a Meteobridge, and tried another weather station console and it worked, so I know it's the console.

Thanks. Not sure what the next step would be. I have Acurite Access, but it only sends to Wunderground. I think Acuparse is too much for me to attempt. I hate to have to get another station, but it's the only way to get data flowing to all the sites I sent to.

anything