Author Topic: Meteobridge Forgot Me?  (Read 1574 times)

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
Meteobridge Forgot Me?
« on: July 18, 2016, 10:50:31 PM »
Keep getting this:  " Acceptance of license terms is a prerequisite for using this application".  Every time I log in remotely.
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline lrosenman

• Contributor
    • Siena Weather
Re: Meteobridge Forgot Me?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 10:53:20 PM »
Did you check the accept box on the license page LOCALLY, and have you bought a real license after the (30? day) trial?

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 11:46:08 PM »
I have had the license for a couple years.  BUT it seems like accessing it locally did the trick.  Thanks for the help!
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline SpringHillWeather

• Weather Hobbyist
  • Forecaster
  • Spring Hill, Florida
    • Spring Hill
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2016, 12:27:05 PM »
Keep getting this:  " Acceptance of license terms is a prerequisite for using this application".  Every time I log in remotely.
Are you having this issue?

http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=29321.msg287552#msg287552

Saratoga
HomeWeatherStation
Meteotemplate
Homebrew
Ambient 1001 | ObserverIP | Meteobridge | MeteoPlug

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2016, 01:11:05 PM »
Yeah, I knew I saw that somewhere!  Hard to find with the terse thread title.  And yes, the IP did change - got a new router.  The local lo-in (using the new IP via the new router) and then accepting the license again fixed it.  The explanation in the thread makes sense.

Offline docbee

• Forecaster
    • smartbedded
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2016, 07:37:53 AM »
Most routers provide the feature to give a unit receiving an IP address via DHCP a fixed IP. This is the preferred way to avoid changing IPs of certain devices in the LAN and to also keep it working when the router changes and the new router defines a new class C network. When you have the IP statically set inside the Meteobridge, then it will fail in the "router changes" situation. When the Meteobridge stays at DHCP it will instantly work in the new setup, but of course it will need you to find the new IP it received from the new router.

Doing so will give you best of both worlds: Fixed IP but also flexibility to have it instantly working in new DHCP setups.
founder of smartbedded.com - home of meteohub, meteoplug, meteobridge, meteostick

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2016, 05:22:04 PM »
Static works better for me since I can port forward to it, without the secret URL.

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2016, 07:47:12 PM »
Also use static which works well with remote access, DNS and port forwarding as well as remote SMB access. Hopefully in due course Doc will provide a user configurable port number apart from the current/default/standard port 80

Offline SpringHillWeather

• Weather Hobbyist
  • Forecaster
  • Spring Hill, Florida
    • Spring Hill
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2016, 10:11:48 PM »
I use static too but just realized I made a boo boo when I forgot to use the proper range for static IP on my router.

According to Verizon Fios you must use ranges above 192.168.1.100 for static IP's.   I had servers setup this way but forgot recently and did have my meteobridge set on the low IP.  I noticed while adding my PI that the verizon router showed lease expired on my devices which made me realize my mistake. 

I now set all my weather devices to .110 -> and servers at .200 -> all has been well.

Saratoga
HomeWeatherStation
Meteotemplate
Homebrew
Ambient 1001 | ObserverIP | Meteobridge | MeteoPlug

Offline docbee

• Forecaster
    • smartbedded
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2016, 11:47:01 AM »
Also use static which works well with remote access, DNS and port forwarding as well as remote SMB access. Hopefully in due course Doc will provide a user configurable port number apart from the current/default/standard port 80
Is that still an urgent request? Most user configure their router when setting up port forwarding to also translate the port to something different on WAN side. By that you can reach many devices in your LAN on port 80 from the outside.

This is the much better way, because my experience is that users tend to define a different HTTP port, don't really understand the impact or forget about it later on and by that add to the self-inducted support requests popping up on my side  :shock:

This is what keeps me being reluctant to implement this feature.
founder of smartbedded.com - home of meteohub, meteoplug, meteobridge, meteostick

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2016, 05:53:18 PM »
No it's not urgent as there are ways around it. There is the Admin server link which basically does the same job as forwarding port 80 to the MBPro itself but if Port 80 is forwarded to the Pro then it's simple enough to delete and re-forward to say the WLIP if one needs access to the logger page, which in most cases is really not all that common.