Weather Station Hardware > Air Quality Sensors

Purple Air map question

(1/2) > >>

bleomycin:
Looking at the purple air map there is a solid inner circle and an outer ring. Some sensors in my area are reporting green inner circle with a red (or different color than inner) outer ring. Can anyone please explain what this means? I've attached a screenshot as an example. Sorry if this is explained somewhere else I didn't see any explanation on their website or FAQ.

Forever:
Just doing a quick look it may be the Laser Temperature.

bleomycin:

--- Quote from: Forever on August 10, 2018, 06:51:21 PM ---Just doing a quick look it may be the Laser Temperature.

--- End quote ---

Just to add a bit more info, in the screenshot I posted the sensors with the red rings are downwind of a large forest fire so I thought perhaps it had something to do with larger particle count or smoke? No idea...

mighty3507:
Funny, I have a purple air sensor and I have not noticed the rings before. Maybe it is new or the air quality has been more stable. With the fires,  the aq has been a bit unstable.  I think it may be a trend indication. The outer ring is 24hrs ago working towards the center to the current reading. Maybe??

--Steve

ConligWX:
You'd be best to ask this question on PurpleAir's Facebook page. perhaps Adrian can answer that more specifically.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/purpleair/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version