Author Topic: Problem with Historical Data Image Uploading  (Read 3954 times)

Offline ilee1

Problem with Historical Data Image Uploading
« on: July 16, 2007, 08:36:45 AM »
Hi there,

I'm using WeatherLink 5.7 from Davis.
In the Internet Settings>Configure, I had configured "Historical Data Images to Upload" for the past 3 days....and scheduled it to run 1 hourly.....hence it resulted as it is.
However as time goes by, when the next day or the day after tomorrow, I happened to see the "date" didn't change. The chart and everything remain the same.
What I'm expecting is to have the "latest past 3 days - as of today" chart shown in the GIF file.
Example: RainHistory.GIF is being updated from time to time, but the image retain the same.

Or I might be having a wrong perception/method on how to achieve my objective.
Can someone give me a hand...??  :cry:

Offline anchorageweather

• Forecaster
    • http://eetee.us/station/station.php
Re: Problem with Historical Data Image Uploading
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 10:25:08 AM »
Quote from: "ilee1"
Hi there,

I'm using WeatherLink 5.7 from Davis.
In the Internet Settings>Configure, I had configured "Historical Data Images to Upload" for the past 3 days....and scheduled it to run 1 hourly.....hence it resulted as it is.
However as time goes by, when the next day or the day after tomorrow, I happened to see the "date" didn't change. The chart and everything remain the same.
What I'm expecting is to have the "latest past 3 days - as of today" chart shown in the GIF file.
Example: RainHistory.GIF is being updated from time to time, but the image retain the same.

Or I might be having a wrong perception/method on how to achieve my objective.
Can someone give me a hand...??  :cry:

If I understand you correctly, you are correct in how WeatherLink should be posting your graphs, etc.   Can you post a link to the gif's you are currently uploading?  Also, are the gifs changing at all (and just not the correct times)?  Finally, can you look at the gif files on your server and see if they are being "overwritten" every hour?

These questions will help figure out if the problem is with weatherlink or your FTP connection.
South of the Tracks, Anchorage, KY

Offline talbert1952

• Contributor
    • http://tobaccovilleweather.com
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 12:32:05 PM »
Also, look in the Weatherlink log for errors. To view the log press Ctrl+V or go to the main toolbar and select File>View Log.
Tom
W4SNA
IRLP 4069 - Echolink W4SNA-R

http://tobaccovilleweather.com/
Hardware: Davis 6153 wireless VP2 with 24 hr fan aspirated radiation shield, WMR968, Boltek Stormtracker PCI,
  Hamtronics R139, stacked Woodhouse 6X6 beams on Yaesu G-5500 az/el rotator
Software: Weatherlink, VWS, Image Salsa, Lightning/2000, GRLevel3 with Allison House data feed, WxtoImg

Offline ncpilot

• Forecaster
    • Monkey Junction Weather
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 01:05:03 PM »
Another item to consider... are you uploading other items "on the hour" also? Do you have multiple items defined in the upload section?

If so, do you have any "offsets" defined?

If you have any other items uploading, what is the frequency?

And... what is your upload speed for you internet connection?

Reason I ask all these questions is that depending on the frequency of upload, and number of graph files, I have seen it take so long to upload that other items defined for upload in a separate protocol may never make it before the next cycle of uploads starts... I don't think the software queues up FTP uploads, if it's already busy with an upload, a competing upload will just never start...

The log file info should help a lot...
Marc
Wilmington, NC
"Monkey Junction Weather"
Davis VP2 wireless, WeatherLink

Offline Mark / Ohio

• Live from Mars!
  • Forecaster
    • Fairfield County Weather
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2007, 08:09:41 PM »
In addition to the above make sure you have "Download Weather Station First" checked for the profile(s) your uploading.
Mark 
2002 Davis VP I Wireless, WeatherLink (Serial), GRLevel3, VirtualVP, StartWatch, Weather Display, Windows 10

Offline ilee1

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2007, 09:54:58 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for the great replies... :)
I may describe more on what I'm having here.

I'm running WeatherLink 5.7 without FTP conn, only to local drive path.
The intention is to display the charts in htm file.
The charts comprise of:
1. Weekly Rain History
2. Monthly Rain History
3. Yearly Rain History
4. One day RainRate hist, Heat Index hist, dewpoint hist, outside temp hist......etc
5. Three days RainRate Hist, Heat Index hist, dewpoint hist, outside temp hist......etc
6. One week RainRate Hist, Heat Index hist, dewpoint hist, outside temp hist......etc

There's no hourly history needed. I have 6 profiles. Each profiles is assigned to every 6 points above.
From Setup>Internet Settings>Configure, in the Historical Data Images to Upload, I define the chart.

For point 4, 5 and 6, since the GIF filename is the same, eg. DewPointHistory.GIF, so I created 3 different folders as destination.
One folder for each point 4, 5 and 6...
The frequency is the same...(Do i need to set it differently?) ....1hourly

I'm not sure how to set the "offsets" and previously "Download Weather Station First" was not checked. I will try this first.

Cheers.....

Offline ncpilot

• Forecaster
    • Monkey Junction Weather
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2007, 10:47:59 PM »
Can you explain more on how you are integrating the charts into an html page?

So if you aren't uploading anywhere, then you are creating a webpage on your local computer?

You edit the .htx template file to contain the tags for all the charts/graphs--with appropriate full file path locations--then let Weatherlink process the htx file?

But I'll bet the problem is "download weather station first"--without that, I don't think you'll have any new data to use...
Marc
Wilmington, NC
"Monkey Junction Weather"
Davis VP2 wireless, WeatherLink

Offline ilee1

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2007, 10:48:07 PM »
Hi everybody,

this is the latest update.
I have tested the suggestion given and it works fine now.

The answer is "Download Weather Station First" has to be checked.
Thank you all for the awesome help...I really appreciate it.... :lol:

Offline Mark / Ohio

• Live from Mars!
  • Forecaster
    • Fairfield County Weather
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2007, 11:12:32 PM »
Glad we could help ilee1 and welcome to the forum!   UU

Also one other note on the download issue.  There's also a provision in the program for automatically scheduling downloads.  Either way of doing it is fine.  But without downloading the data from the data logger at regular intervals into WeatherLink the data logger fills up  (the time required for that to happen depends on your archive interval you set) the old data will get over written eventually and you will not be able to retrieve it with WeatherLink.

So in other words if you discontinue using the profiles (which as of now is triggering the download of data from the weather station), you will need to use the auto download option in WeatherLink.

Clear as mud right?   :wink:
Mark 
2002 Davis VP I Wireless, WeatherLink (Serial), GRLevel3, VirtualVP, StartWatch, Weather Display, Windows 10