Author Topic: Saratoga (Canada/Meteobridge) FTP wonky (Solved!)  (Read 1036 times)

Offline chrisgrainger

• Contributor
    • Top of The Rideau
Saratoga (Canada/Meteobridge) FTP wonky (Solved!)
« on: July 17, 2017, 07:04:41 PM »
Hi Ken,

I am scratching what little hair I have left and can't come up with a solution.  For some reason, on July 10, my FTP'd files (MBtags.php, MB_stickertags.txt, MB_stickertags-wxgraphic.txt and realtime.txt) stopped updating even though Meteobridge seems to think that the FTP is working all hunky-dory.  I've been all over my hosting cpanel to see if I can see anything in the logs, but nothing I can find.  The FTP test document gets uploaded perfectly from Meteobridge, but no data files.

Recently, I did install Weather Display and put up another copy of the Saratoga template for WD in another directory of the hosting site in prep to change over to that software.  As far as I can see, I didn't mix up any of the Saratoga files between the two installations. 

I'd appreciate any help you could suggest. 

Cheers!

Chris
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 11:40:04 AM by chrisgrainger »

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
Re: Saratoga (Canada/Meteobridge) FTP wonky
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 07:18:18 PM »
On Meteobridge panel, try reloading the template files for MBtags.php

It may be that Meteobridge has a pre-processed template file so it uploading the same data over and over.
Also check the FTP destination for the file(s) and make sure the Saratoga template Settings-weather.php is looking there for the MBtags.php
Also check that conds.php script is where Meteobridge thinks it is for the MBrealtime.txt/MBrealtimegauges.txt support.
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline chrisgrainger

• Contributor
    • Top of The Rideau
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 07:40:52 PM »
I have tried reloading the template files but will do again.  The Conds.php file is working cause MBrealtime.txt and MBrealtimegauges.txt are updating correctly.  I have another template that creates a bastardized realtime.txt file for another use which is one of the files not working.

Pre-processed file.... you mean a template file has data in it somehow?  I will check that also.

Chris

Offline chrisgrainger

• Contributor
    • Top of The Rideau
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2017, 07:52:32 PM »
The template files in question all have tokens in them, not data.  I did reload all four templates, saving in between.  Meteobridge reported the reloads and saves as being successful.  Settings-weather is looking for ./MBtags.php... which is where it is. 

Meteobridge problem you think?

Chris

Offline chrisgrainger

• Contributor
    • Top of The Rideau
Re: Saratoga (Canada/Meteobridge) FTP wonky (solved!)
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2017, 11:39:29 AM »
Hi Ken,

Figured it out.  I had changed my FTP password to a 12-character, fairly complicated one on both the server and in Meteobridge.  Either the length or one of the special characters caused the issue.  I have sent a forum message to Boris on the Meteobridge board to see if there is a limit or forbidden characters.  Small bug there if it's length cause the password field in Meteobridge FTP setup allows the password and pressing the test button triggers a Meteobridge "Successful transfer of test file" message.  Also Meteobridge seems to think FTP is working fine with green checkmarks on the live page.

Sorry to have bugged you, but thanks again.

Cheers!

Chris

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
Re: Saratoga (Canada/Meteobridge) FTP wonky (Solved!)
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2017, 01:05:48 PM »
Glad you got it sorted out, Chris. 
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP