Author Topic: Rainwise Net  (Read 26653 times)

Offline Barkleydave

Re: Rainwise Net
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2013, 09:03:23 PM »
I have owned the MKIII  (standard) for 2 years and it has been very reliable and accurate. Only complaint is tipping bucket is on station which is on the roof.  Several times a year I need to go up on roof to clean the bucket (small seeds etc)

Just order the IP100 and looking forward to getting data uploaded. We are on the water in Kentucky and our location is on a ridge overlooking the lake. Neighbors are excited that our station will be up and running soon I hope!

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

barkleydave

Offline weatherforyou

• Forecaster
  • My weather is on WeatherForYou.com. Is yours?
    • http://www.weatherforyou.com
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2013, 09:57:56 PM »
Only complaint is tipping bucket is on station which is on the roof.  Several times a year I need to go up on roof to clean the bucket (small seeds etc)
I've been having the same problem this year (didn't previous years for some reason).  And with a 45-degree pitch on the roof it's never a fun repair.  I'm retrofitting a Hydreon RG-11 on it.  If the Rainwise had a 12-volt battery it would be really simple (RG-11 needs at least 9 volts DC).  But I'm just going to build a small solar power supply for it.
Joe Torsitano

Offline Feelgood Ranch

• Feelgood Ranch Weather
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2013, 09:55:02 AM »
You can also remove the rain bucket from the station head unit and place anywhere (ground siting?).  Two conductor wire from bucket to station
has no length restriction as wire is a loop and when tilting bucket inside rain bucket activates it simply breaks connection to record 0.01 inch rainfall.
This is my setup on 30 ft. mast. See CW4669 photos on CWOP site.
FWIW

Ken

Ken Keyes
RainWise MkIII-LR, WeatherView 32 v8, StarDotXL 3mp cam, Boltek PCI lightning detector/L2K, CWOP/CW4669, Weather For You
http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KMTBOZEM2&wuSelect=PWS
http://www.anythingweather.com/current.aspx?id=22721

Offline weatherforyou

• Forecaster
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2013, 12:22:12 PM »
You can also remove the rain bucket from the station head unit and place anywhere (ground siting?).  Two conductor wire from bucket to station
has no length restriction as wire is a loop and when tilting bucket inside rain bucket activates it simply breaks connection to record 0.01 inch rainfall.
This is my setup on 30 ft. mast. See CW4669 photos on CWOP site.
FWIW

Ken
Actually that's a great idea.  :D  Usually I come up with something more electronic and/or sophisticated... even when it doesn't need to be.   :roll:
Joe Torsitano

Offline Feelgood Ranch

• Feelgood Ranch Weather
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2013, 12:51:30 PM »
Joe, glad to help. The reason I wanted rain bucket near ground (accessable) was to eliminate wind loading caused by bucket's surface area atop the unguided 30 ft. mast.
We have ferocious winds here...I have recorded 111 mph. on one occasion.

Ken

Ken Keyes
RainWise MkIII-LR, WeatherView 32 v8, StarDotXL 3mp cam, Boltek PCI lightning detector/L2K, CWOP/CW4669, Weather For You
http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KMTBOZEM2&wuSelect=PWS
http://www.anythingweather.com/current.aspx?id=22721

Offline Barkleydave

« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2013, 10:19:36 AM »
I have the RainWise MKIII
and upgraded to the IP100 this week.
My MKIII has been up for about 2 years without issues.
Solid product and great folks to work with at RainWise.

Installation is seamless/Radid Fire works well with the WU and works great!!! Love it!

http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KKYEDDYV3

Offline blizzardof78

• Forecaster
    • Ohio Weather
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2013, 09:07:58 PM »
Good Evening;

I'm ordering the IP-100 Network Interface Friday. I only hope that the black box that you hook up the cables to doesn't have to be right there beside the indoor unit for the RW display and the modem because if it does  #-o I'm looking forward to having the station feed my data to WUnderground. It will be a huge improvement over the station that I had which just crapped out on me a few days ago.

I know several of you make mention to having your stations online now either through WUnderground or the "cloud" at RW. Could you share your links to either or both? I know where Jim in VA's is located.

I'll let you know where mine is when it is up running. Thanks.

Don in Ohio

Offline Barkleydave

« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2013, 08:58:48 AM »
Don,

The IP-100 is great and very easy to setup.
The small interface is actually two components.

1. The Inteface box
2. Receiver box.

The interface plugs into AC wall and ethernet port on your DSL moden. (Unit sits next to your modem.
A phone cable connects the receiver to inferface.  Receive is small box with an antenna.

Your IP-100 communicates directly with your RainWise MKIII. It it independent from your Display Oracle. You station transmits its data which is received independently by the two units.

Once registered on the Rainwise.Net the software directs you to the W.U. and a couple other.

Barkleydave

Offline blizzardof78

• Forecaster
    • Ohio Weather
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2013, 02:10:31 PM »
Don,

The IP-100 is great and very easy to setup.
The small interface is actually two components.

1. The Inteface box
2. Receiver box.

The interface plugs into AC wall and ethernet port on your DSL moden. (Unit sits next to your modem.
A phone cable connects the receiver to inferface.  Receive is small box with an antenna.

Your IP-100 communicates directly with your RainWise MKIII. It it independent from your Display Oracle. You station transmits its data which is received independently by the two units.

Once registered on the Rainwise.Net the software directs you to the W.U. and a couple other.

Barkleydave

Thank you Berkleydave. I appreciate the reply. I also received a similar reply in e-mail from VaJim whom I have been cooresponding with time to time since April. When I ordered the unit from RW this morning Lonnie also explained it is very simple to set up. I'm looking forward to it; finally some reliable WX information to send to WU compared to that piece of junk station that just quit on me.  :lol: Have a good weekend everyone!

Don in Ohio

Offline VaJim

• Virginia Beach Backyard Weather
  • Forecaster
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2013, 05:13:48 PM »

The interface plugs into AC wall and ethernet port on your DSL moden. (Unit sits next to your modem).

...that's strange....for me the IP-100 connects to my wireless router.  Not sure about DSL.  We're using Cox broadband.  We do have a modem, but it's cable in from the wall and cable out to the modem.  No plug for additional inputs, that's all handled by the 'router'. :-)

Offline weatherforyou

• Forecaster
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2013, 05:17:45 PM »
The IP-100 will also feed PWSweather.com so your data can be on WeatherForYou.com.  ;-)
Joe Torsitano

Offline VaJim

• Forecaster
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2013, 06:01:41 PM »
The IP-100 will also feed PWSweather.com so your data can be on WeatherForYou.com.  ;-)

yup...I'm already there.  Very nice site! =D>

Offline weatherforyou

• Forecaster
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2013, 01:39:10 AM »

I know you do.   :grin:  But blizzardof78 only mentioned WUnderground.
Joe Torsitano

Offline VaJim

• Forecaster
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2013, 07:10:19 AM »

I know you do.   :grin:  But blizzardof78 only mentioned WUnderground.

....he's waiting for his IP-100 to arrive.  Once it does, he may want to feed PWS.  It's an easy setup. 
Thanks for a great site - PWS.

Offline blizzardof78

• Forecaster
    • Ohio Weather
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2013, 08:19:31 PM »
My Rainwise MK III is now LIVE!  \:D/ Here is the address if you care to peek... http://www.rainwise.net/weather/don43725

Also, I have a question... I notice some Rainwise stations have their temperatures reporting like 23.0, 31.0 etc and other 23.4, 31.2 and so on. Is there a setting to get the 1/10 readings to show? Sorry for the many questions I'm apt to publish; just want things to work the best possible.

Don in Ohio

Offline Barkleydave

« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2013, 02:43:25 PM »
HELP!!
I have the RW  MKIII with the IP-100

Worked flawless for two months then down!

No data being recieved by WU!

Dashboard is working so is AWEKAS

But WU just quit and so did PWS (which I seldom used)

Checked with RW and they E me and told me to make sure Station ID is correct on WU on my account. Ok did that no change.

Need some suggestions to get back up on WU ?? 

Thanks

KKYEDDYV2

Offline blizzardof78

• Forecaster
    • Ohio Weather
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2013, 02:58:39 PM »
HELP!!
I have the RW  MKIII with the IP-100

Worked flawless for two months then down!

No data being recieved by WU!

Dashboard is working so is AWEKAS

But WU just quit and so did PWS (which I seldom used)

Checked with RW and they E me and told me to make sure Station ID is correct on WU on my account. Ok did that no change.

Need some suggestions to get back up on WU ?? 

Thanks

KKYEDDYV2

Hi Dave... Don't pabic. WU is like that. In fact mine didn't show data for a while either yesterday or Sunday, I don't recall now. Weather Underground has a habit of pulling that. I knew the IP 100 unit WAS sending information to the Dashboard because I checked the dashboard and it updated regularly like expected. Don't be too surprised if it is down a day or two. The fact that your account with AWEKAS and the Dashboard accounts are receiving the data packs indicate it is working. Just my opinion, maybe VAJim can chime in on this one.

Don in Ohio

Offline Barkleydave

« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2013, 03:32:47 PM »
Thanks for the rapid response.

As usual I missed the obvious.  REBOOT! 

I unplugged the IP-100 for a min. then.. fired it up.
After 5 min. all is normal.  Did not log on WU for a few days but not much weather was happening and it did log on the RW net.

Was surprised that the RW dashboard stayed hot?

Thanks all

Check out our weather here in KY
KKYEDDYV2
 :grin:

Offline blizzardof78

• Forecaster
    • Ohio Weather
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2013, 05:43:14 PM »
Thanks for the rapid response.

As usual I missed the obvious.  REBOOT! 

I unplugged the IP-100 for a min. then.. fired it up.
After 5 min. all is normal.  Did not log on WU for a few days but not much weather was happening and it did log on the RW net.

Was surprised that the RW dashboard stayed hot?

Thanks all

Check out our weather here in KY
KKYEDDYV2
 :grin:

Hey Dave, no problem!! By the way what is your web address for your RainwiseNet web site, your dashboard?

Don in Ohio

http://www.rainwise.net/weather/don43725

Offline Barkleydave

« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2013, 06:22:29 PM »
Don,

Age is catching up to me!  I have always been a weather nut. I had my first home made station when I was in 5th grade. Was not much and told me less than looking out the window but boy I thought I was very kewl man!

Years later I began a career in Resource Law enforcement then the doors opened !  I was the Cheif Park Ranger in a small park in open flat land in central Illinois.  What a great place to view weather for miles and miles.  It was a new department and my budget was almost nonthing.  I worked for the county and became great friends with the CD director.. later to become ESDA.. now Homeland Security.  I was in and and revenue source for equipment.  Did not take long and I was part of the ESDA command staff and my squad was then equiped with every radio invented in those days!

Looked like a 747 cockpit in my squad.  Being command I had acess to all the curent weather and ALL agencies including federal.  I was hooked!

After than I moved out of the county and retired as a supervisor with the State Department of Natural Resources Law Enforcement. My weather involvement was much less than the good ole days with the old CD director who is now gone but not forgotten.

I am now retired... live on on the waterfront .. still love watching the weather roll in. Am an advanced spotter but do not get out as much.. and love contributing accurate weather info. for myself and more important to others. I have lost many of the tech. terms over the years but however my visual instints are still intact. 
If ever near Paducah contact me would love to show you the area.
Thanks for your reply.

Sorry for the long speel but helps fill in the blanks.

Here is my weather site:
WU is KKYEDDYV3

The Ridge Eddycreek

http://www.rainwise.net/weather/david42038

Offline blizzardof78

• Forecaster
    • Ohio Weather
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2013, 09:57:03 PM »
Don,

Age is catching up to me!  I have always been a weather nut. I had my first home made station when I was in 5th grade. Was not much and told me less than looking out the window but boy I thought I was very kewl man!

Years later I began a career in Resource Law enforcement then the doors opened !  I was the Cheif Park Ranger in a small park in open flat land in central Illinois.  What a great place to view weather for miles and miles.  It was a new department and my budget was almost nonthing.  I worked for the county and became great friends with the CD director.. later to become ESDA.. now Homeland Security.  I was in and and revenue source for equipment.  Did not take long and I was part of the ESDA command staff and my squad was then equiped with every radio invented in those days!

Looked like a 747 cockpit in my squad.  Being command I had acess to all the curent weather and ALL agencies including federal.  I was hooked!

After than I moved out of the county and retired as a supervisor with the State Department of Natural Resources Law Enforcement. My weather involvement was much less than the good ole days with the old CD director who is now gone but not forgotten.

I am now retired... live on on the waterfront .. still love watching the weather roll in. Am an advanced spotter but do not get out as much.. and love contributing accurate weather info. for myself and more important to others. I have lost many of the tech. terms over the years but however my visual instints are still intact. 
If ever near Paducah contact me would love to show you the area.
Thanks for your reply.

Sorry for the long speel but helps fill in the blanks.

Here is my weather site:
WU is KKYEDDYV3

The Ridge Eddycreek

http://www.rainwise.net/weather/david42038

Hi Dave... Thanks for the detailed information! Always good to read what got others involved in the Weather biz as it were. My bio brief as it is is located on the main page at www.ohiowx.com And if I'm ever in your neck of the woods I'll be sure to let you know in advance I'm heading that way!

Don in Ohio

anything