Author Topic: Davis Weatherlink and Amazon Echo Alexa skill now available.  (Read 2799 times)

Offline davesilver

The skill is called "Personal Weather" in the Alexa skills library.  You will need to need to load the DLL from Davis and start a free Weather Underground account.  Alexa will read the current conditions or a specific condition off your Davis weather station.  Works with any weather station that can post to weather underground.  Very easy setup and it does not affect your current weatherlink setup.

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
Re: Davis Weatherlink and Amazon Echo Alexa skill now available.
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 01:30:26 PM »
....  You will need to need to load the DLL from Davis and start a free Weather Underground account.  ..... Very easy setup and it does not affect your current weatherlink setup.

Did you actually do this?  How long did the easy setup take? 

[It didn't look that easy to me, but I haven't done it yet]

Offline davesilver

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 05:41:41 PM »
It was easy.  Just download weatherlink dll for weather underground, set up your WU account, then tell alexa your id and password to WU.  Follow instructions on skill site.  20-30 minutes or so

Offline davesilver

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2017, 05:51:38 PM »
 download WuiWlink_1.dll (Davis E-mailed it to me)

1.            Navigate to the C:/Weatherlink folder.
2.            Look for a folder called ‘Expansion_Modules’.
3.            Copy that .dll filel into that ‘Expansion_Modules’ folder.
4.            Then open that folder to verify that the .dll file is in there.
5.            Close out of this window.
6.            Open Weatherlink.
7.            Click file, then click ‘manage modules.
8.            On the new box that opens, click ‘add module’.
9.            On the window that opens, make sure it opens the C:/Weatherlink/Expansion_Modules folder.  If it doesn’t navigate to that folder.
10.          Click to select the .dll file I sent you.   Click ‘open’
11.          You’ll now see that file listed in the previous ‘expansion module management’ box.
12.          Click to highlight that file, then click ‘enable module’.   You’ll then be prompted to close out of and restart Weatherlink.   Do that.
13.          Then open Weatherlink.
14.          Click ‘file’.  There should now be an option that says ‘Wunderground Settings’.   Click that.
15.          On the next box, type in the station ID and password that Weather Underground gave you.
16.          Select the update interval.
17.          Then do a test to make sure your data is getting up to Weather Underground.
18.          Click OK.

then go here for instructions
http://kevin-key.blogspot.ca/2017/05/amazon-alexa-skill-beta-test-connect.html
Modify message