Author Topic: 02032 Driver info needed  (Read 1106 times)

Offline Madco

02032 Driver info needed
« on: March 21, 2017, 10:31:26 AM »
I have a 02032 that has a solid connection & display between both units. The problem is the internet connection to myaccurite & wunderground. Some days things run perfect writing to excel and uploading for 12 hours before disconnecting for no reason. Other days it won't connect at all. The problem is not the internet. I did continuous -t pings to Wunderground & Accurite never dropping.

I'm running Win 8. I suspect the driver. Here's one of it's usual messages: This device cannot start. (Code 10). An invalid parameter was passed to a service or function.

Acurite's tech support solution: 'Buy a new unit to replace your 12 month old unit'. Not happy with them. They said Windows will find it's own driver and doesn't need help.

It might help if I could get feedback on what driver's work by checking device manager.

I'm using pc connect mode 3.

Thanks in advance.

Offline buckizard

Re: 02032 Driver info needed
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2017, 07:49:43 PM »
Well I know there are many issues with people, including myself, who used PC Connect.  Freezes, PC Connect locking up, computer locking.  I let windows update my drivers (just picked each one and went through the process), went into power management and disabled all 'sleep' functions of the USB hubs.  For some this works, many many others it still does not work.  It did not work for me (Windows 10-64).  At least my drivers are updated, was surprised how many were not.

The simple solution is to use VIS Reader http://www.valleyinfosys.com/visreader.html. It is free for basic reporting (WU, PWS, WB) and cost a small subscription to post to CWOP, CSV data and much more. Designed specifically for Acurite USB connect stations.

It is the same reader you see when you open up PC Connect, except they keep updating it, and have excellent customer support in their forums.  It also uses PC Mode 4. I heard Acurite displays have a firmware issue with USB Mode 3 that has caused some hiccups.  If you end up checking it out and subbing, mention my forum name and I think you'll get a bonus.  Since using that I went from consistent crashes to absolutely zero now over a month.

Good luck!
Ambient Weather Osprey