Author Topic: WU and gaps in data???  (Read 1605 times)

Offline daman

• Forecaster
WU and gaps in data???
« on: March 07, 2017, 11:08:44 AM »
Does anybody know what's going on with these damn gaps in data on WU? over at Accurate they don't seem to know a whole lot. I've had this problem for a week now it keeps kicking me off, and so do many others and they cant seem to fix anything, what a damn joke!!
KMIBADAX38
AcuRite Iris/AcuRite Access

Offline drew

• Shoals Weather
Re: WU and gaps in data???
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 11:35:02 AM »
Does anybody know what's going on with these damn gaps in data on WU? over at Accurate they don't seem to know a whole lot. I've had this problem for a week now it keeps kicking me off, and so do many others and they cant seem to fix anything, what a damn joke!!

My station is doing the same thing. It's only the temp data though. Look at your tabular data...the wind and barometer is still sending on mine, but the temp has dashes.

I'm assuming an update caused this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-Drew Richards

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 11:39:24 AM »
So I guess no need to cry if WU shuts down....
http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=31628.msg316902#msg316902

Offline daman

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2017, 11:47:18 AM »

My station is doing the same thing. It's only the temp data though. Look at your tabular data...the wind and barometer is still sending on mine, but the temp has dashes.

I'm assuming an update caused this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same here, it's my temp and Dew points graphs experiencing gaps, and because of these errors a station gets kicked off from WU.
KMIBADAX38

Offline fatrusty

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2017, 12:45:22 PM »
I am glad to hear others are having the same problem. I was just pulling out what little hair I have left. Seems my temperature started screwing up on 3/3/17

Offline haroldashe

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2017, 12:39:23 AM »
My station has been showing the gaps for several weeks.  AcuRite is blaming it on some sort of Amazon server problem which is hard to believe>

Offline daman

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2017, 02:02:52 PM »
UPDATE......

As most of you are aware; since the Amazon Web Services (AWS) outage last week, some users have been experiencing gaps in temperature and humidity on both My AcuRite and Weather Underground. We have been working closely with Weather Underground’s development team to correct the issue. Yesterday a fix was implemented which appears to be correcting the gaps caused by the issue of how Weather Underground was closing the connection after we uploaded data. We are continuing to monitor accounts to ensure no further issues occur.
KMIBADAX38

anything