Author Topic: Ambient 1400 stopped sensing UV Index  (Read 623 times)

Offline annetoal

Ambient 1400 stopped sensing UV Index
« on: February 25, 2017, 12:22:21 PM »
I've been experiencing some drops in my feed to Wunderground ever since I upgraded my Ambient 1400 to firmware 3.1.2 on Feb. 15. It's very inconsistent, making it hard to keep my *Gold Star!* :grin:

Seriously, though, yesterday afternoon I rolled the firmware back to 3.1.0 to see if that would restore me to better reliability. It all looked good. After the upgrade I saw an abrupt jump in pressure, but there weren't any more gaps in the feed.

This morning I noticed that my station is reporting a UVI of 0, despite the clear skies. Solar radiation is being reported. Only UVI is messed up.

I tried re-upgrading to 3.1.2--immediately saw a big pressure drop--but UVI is still 0. Any experience with an Ambient 1400 losing UV index?

Thanks,
Anne
KTXEDINB9

Offline annetoal

Re: Ambient 1400 stopped sensing UV Index
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 01:46:16 PM »
Update: is just started logging UVI. No clue why it suddenly fixed itself. Again, anyone experienced anything like this?

Anne
KTXEDINB9

Offline Rychu

• Contributor
  • Type of station: HP1001WiFi & WH2600IP (WS1400IP)
    • Check on-line measurements and forecasts of Gdansk in Poland
Re: Ambient 1400 stopped sensing UV Index
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2017, 09:08:22 PM »
Pressure spikes may be due to the fact that soft 3.1.2 and 3.1.0 are dedicated to different locations - mountainous and lowland. The manufacturer calibrates the pre-values according to these assumptions.

When it comes to UV - it can check whether the UV sensor is clean - the birds often pollute the external panel.  ;)