just to update , this morning sunday 2 april i have an email from Boris at meteobridge(smartbedded) hopefully over the next week or so the option of selecting HOMEWEATHERSTATION template will be an available option in the meteobridge panel on the hardware which you will no longer have to cut and paste the long script into the setup panel. just need to iron out a few minor things and then it will have a simple option to use for meteobridge owners..i have prepared the template in advance read below I don't anticipate any major significant changes in terms of meteobridge as it does work in its current state with the two known options.
anyway a week of optimizations and changes to really make it a good user experience allround .
Updates Fixes/Performance (2 APRIL 2017)
- Thanks to paul wilman , fixed solar2.php to use night time readings, fixed wxcharts.php to use svg language flags.
- More performance tweaks , all menu items moved over to menu.php. added more defer scripts to improve performance in charts and forecast data.
- index.php/indexearthquake/wxcharts.php moved all menu items out now resides in menu.php , all css/jquery scripts minified and optimized. Jquery files minified and have multiple combined scripts to serve from one file ,this reduces load on server and loading times considerably.All optimizations have been A/B tested at https://gtmetrix.com
Updates Full Install required(1 APRIL 2017)
- Meteobridge users can now select which type of method they use , either via the Saratoga template method or Meteobridge direct method. Also big thank you to Vojta from Czech Republic for his assistance in ironing some teething issues with the meteobridge-direct output.
- Czech language updated and some words abbreviated due to length of words in Czech language ,thanks to Vojta
- A week of adding additional performance tweaks to many areas of the template , I cant emphasize enough goto https://gtmetrix.com
and do some tests . Anyone who quotes there is no benefit or it is not possible is ignoring the benefits for other reasons. This template is optimized based on everything from the results . PS i dont use gzip and I still get 93% performance rating simply I have studied every possible enhancement and enhanced the code accordlingly.If you would like to know more please get in touch.Please note all possible enhancements have been made to template areas , other enhancements like .htaccess enhancements are NOT distributed in download.
- Notification center now has UV-INDEX alert
- Solar and UV-INDEX now show darkeness hours after sunset to sunrise based on calculation so its important to get your lat lon correct.
- Further code changes to support upcoming PHP 7.2 .
- 99% of all images now SVG (including flags).
- New options added to easyweathersetup.php related to meteobridge-direct,main clock format. This update requires a new installation due to many files almost all php files having new additional code ,performance enhancements or removed code. Please do not mix with older versions and note the template no longer uses cron jobs or json files .
as always download via https://www.weather34.com/homeweatherstation/faq.html
see screenshot below to see why it is advantageous to work at getting the optimisations right ,considerable time taken at times you get it wrong but learning from that yields the better outcome for your visitors, your own self piece of mind and trust in what your using and most of all a pleasant user experience...brian