Author Topic: Environmental Sensors and SmartHub/meteobridge  (Read 1598 times)

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
Environmental Sensors and SmartHub/meteobridge
« on: January 30, 2017, 12:48:00 PM »
Anyone try using the new line of environmental sensors (water detect etc.) with a SmartHub and Meteobridge?  I wonder if MB would just see it as another sensor.  Would be nice to know before ordering some as getting them in Canada is a PITA.
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline gardengrub

• KNEVALPA2
Re: Environmental Sensors and SmartHub/meteobridge
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 12:14:18 PM »
Anyone try using the new line of environmental sensors (water detect etc.) with a SmartHub and Meteobridge?  I wonder if MB would just see it as another sensor.  Would be nice to know before ordering some as getting them in Canada is a PITA.

I have a Smarthub and Meteobridge.  I purchased one of the Room Monitors with Water Detector last fall to monitor a floor drain.  The Meteobridge does not support the Room Monitor.  The data from the Room Monitor does not show up on the Live Data tab of Meteobridge, only on the myAcurite site.  I have no idea if there is any plan to add support in the future but it may be a possibility. 

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 01:57:10 PM »
Thanks for that info!  Will have to ask Boris about adding support in MB for them.
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline haroldashe

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 12:17:31 AM »
I have a 5in1 + 2 temp/humidity tower sensors working with a MB.  In fact, I use one of the towers to report to WU because it seems to be a little more accurate (temp-wise) than the 5in1.  KSCWOODR3

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 09:32:23 AM »
So do I - but that is not the question.  It is whether the new enviro sensors (like water detection) work.  Apparently they don't.

Offline gardengrub

• KNEVALPA2
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2017, 10:45:12 AM »
Thanks for that info!  Will have to ask Boris about adding support in MB for them.

I took a look on the Meteobridge software release page and it had the following:

released September 12, 2016

* maps soil temperature sensor of Acurite Aculink bridge to sensor IDs "t?temp" where "?" is a number starting at 10.
    * pushes date of pure temp sensors with IDs "t10temp" until "t13temp" as soil temperature to weatherunderground. This allows non Davis stations to also report soil temperatures as Acurite Aculink bridge, for example

I'm wondering if the Outdoor Monitor is supported by Meteobridge?  Or, would attaching a Liquid/Soil monitor to either an Indoor or Outdoor Monitor be picked up by Meteobridge? 

Anyone have a Liquid/Soil monitor plugged into an Indoor or Outdoor Monitor?

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2017, 05:09:47 PM »
Thanks to Docbee for this fix!

Version 3.2

released February 5, 2017

fixes a bug in handling wind direction from Acurite Aculink devices.

How exactly is this relevant to this topic?

Offline haroldashe

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2017, 06:11:57 PM »
I think Doctorno was just acknowledging the work Docbee has put into the MB and expressed his appreciation for it.

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2017, 06:29:08 PM »
Thanks Harold. I have removed the posts that were a bit out of the topic of Bushmans intended discussion. I did not realize how out of line I was...

Offline haroldashe

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2017, 06:36:34 PM »
Nor did I, Doctorknow.

anything