Author Topic: New Acurite user  (Read 4201 times)

Offline Inverno

• Senior Contributor
Re: New Acurite user
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2017, 01:13:47 PM »
DoctorKnow, I see that you have a station using Kevin Keys program but your rain still reset today at 8am?  Are you having luck with his latest update?  Because of the rainfall disaster with Acurite, I was using it again for awhile but it kept freezing up on me.

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2017, 02:23:54 PM »
I don't use KK prog very often, just during heavy weather conditions... The rainfall still resets with it though, it seems to be the smarthub doing it. The pressure is fixable though with KK's The latest KK download was much better for me than the previous version as far as errors.

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2017, 12:40:23 PM »
I figured out how to correct pressure finally. (Wunderground) It isn't what you would expect, do adjusted pressure, then go well into the negatives, (below 50 FT) in the elevation.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 01:39:06 PM by DoctorKnow »

Offline NachoQTPie

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2017, 12:45:05 PM »
I got it back online! Lets see how long it stays

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2017, 12:56:38 PM »
How did you do it? The functions are really screwy in the dashboard setup... Sometimes I have had to uncheck the sharing and save, then go back and check it again, save, and then it will go OK.

Offline Inverno

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2017, 01:16:29 PM »
I figured out how to correct pressure finally. It isn't what you would expect, do adjusted pressure, then go well into the negatives, (below 40 FT) in the elevation.

Adjust it on MyAcurite or adjust it to go through to WU?  MyAcurite is easy to figure out.  It would be awesome if the SmartHub could be adjusted to reflect the pressure I want on WU without using PC Connect.

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2017, 01:38:13 PM »
The fix is for Wunderground AND myacurite. If you do the adjustment with "station Pressure" it will NOT fix Wunderground.

Offline NachoQTPie

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2017, 09:32:19 PM »
How did you do it? The functions are really screwy in the dashboard setup... Sometimes I have had to uncheck the sharing and save, then go back and check it again, save, and then it will go OK.
I did exactly that. I had to "unshare" and the share it again. I also changed what router my sharing was going through. I guess we will see!

Offline haroldashe

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2017, 03:01:04 AM »
Paul (or anybody):  I want to install a weather cam, too.  What do you recommend?

Offline Inverno

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2017, 06:58:01 AM »
I figured out how to correct pressure finally. (Wunderground) It isn't what you would expect, do adjusted pressure, then go well into the negatives, (below 50 FT) in the elevation.

I did what you said, but made the elevation higher than my actual elevation about 100 feet and it adjusted to what I want it to be.  Making it negative made mine even worse from what I'm aiming for.

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2017, 08:41:23 AM »

I did what you said, but made the elevation higher than my actual elevation about 100 feet and it adjusted to what I want it to be.  Making it negative made mine even worse from what I'm aiming for.

Thanks for the report. I started another topic on this, so that others could share their experience. I am not surprised that your result is not the exact same as mine, but at least we know what to do now.

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2017, 08:42:26 AM »
I did exactly that. I had to "unshare" and the share it again. I also changed what router my sharing was going through. I guess we will see!

Something isn't right. I see "no data" again.

Offline NachoQTPie

« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2017, 08:44:10 AM »

Something isn't right. I see "no data" again.
UGH! This is literally driving me mad! I can still get all the info on the MyAcurite app on my phone and I'm over in YOUR area right now dropping off gym clothes to the kiddo!

Offline Rising Barometer

• dorn2@outlook.com
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2017, 10:02:52 PM »
I have no idea what's going on. It goes up, it goes down, it goes up, it goes down. My computer is on, net is stable, I've turned off the sleep mode... I am baffled why it keeps going offline!
Have you checked Myacurite? Maybe you should re enter your station ID? If it keeps up, I would try the program VIS reader. I have been having problems with my setup as well. (smarthub) The pressure is way off, and rainfall keeps going to zero...
I may have to try that. I am not getting texts from MyAcurite that its offline tho, just from Wunderground, so... I'm not sure.

I have not been seeing my station on the WU map in the last month, but I see my station when I click on my neighbors station and that other window pops up. So I am grateful to see some WXForum members suggests fixes. . . I have been resetting and "allowing to share" and even changing my Station ID and doing everything else, so now maybe I will have better luck and follow your tips...thanks !

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2017, 09:16:01 AM »
Hey Nachoqtpie,

Your station is working good now. Did you also notice another acurite on the map down towards Burgaw past SW elementary? I just saw that one for the first time. They are using VIS reader. I wonder if they read this forum?

Offline NachoQTPie

« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2017, 11:41:41 AM »
I did not! I hope they do! That would be cool to have 3 of us here! :)