Author Topic: C84612 : Has anybody tried USB stick?  (Read 1912 times)

Offline icebound

C84612 : Has anybody tried USB stick?
« on: June 24, 2015, 10:44:34 AM »

With my WS-2812 currently dead I have been looking at the C84612, but the whole "internet gateway" issue is a problem...

I have not seen the C84612 up close, but the base station looks the same as the 2812....

Is it possible the same capability is still hidden there? 

Has anybody actually TRIED to hold the down-button to sync to a USB stick from 2812 (or equivalent)

Offline PDM1964

Re: C84612 : Has anybody tried USB stick?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 07:12:56 PM »
The C84612 uses the internet gateway and doesn't communicate to anything but the LaCrosse web site by design.  But skydvrz excellent software changes that and allows communication to WU. 

http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=24882.0

I use the C84612, and it is OK...  When the time comes though I'm pretty sure I'll move up to something more professional. 

Offline icebound

Re: C84612 : Has anybody tried USB stick?
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 10:22:49 PM »

The C84612 uses the internet gateway and doesn't communicate to anything but the LaCrosse web site by design.  But skydvrz excellent software changes that and allows communication to WU. 

Thanks......

Wouldn't it have been so much simpler if they had just given it wifi and build in a very simple web interface, just like a router, or Western Digital's myCloud hard drives.

THEN, if would have been:
http://192/168.1.whatever
... on my local network, and instant access to the 1400+ records that the station stores.  auto-schedule a perl script once a day to download the last 24 records, or whatever, and then I can save them or upload to whoever.  Activate a lacrosse account only if I want REMOTE access.

Or, for that matter, just left the HeavyWeather functionality IN, as well as their monitoring system.

This design will not be getting my interest, I'm afraid.  There is just something inherently WRONG with having to use a website in Wisconsin to access the data in a device on my own wall...