Author Topic: WU Underground, REALLY?  (Read 5008 times)

Offline pimohdaimaoh

• Forecaster
  • "Be aware to our nature"
    • PIMOHWEATHER
WU Underground, REALLY?
« on: April 26, 2017, 07:56:18 AM »
I cant undrstand WU nowadays making their locations of weather sensors pointing to other even the location is not actually on that location, like this example hope WU fixed this, I already notify them regarding these errors

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
Re: WU Underground, REALLY?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 08:31:15 AM »
One user of my template just emailed me, his page which is being updated from WU is getting foreign data!

What a surprise... Wu...

Offline pimohdaimaoh

• Forecaster
    • PIMOHWEATHER
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 08:44:19 AM »
One user of my template just emailed me, his page which is being updated from WU is getting foreign data!

What a surprise... Wu...

Yeah, right now one of the officers of our local weather org like PAGASA e mailed me tonight saying theres something wrong to my  7 day forecast, and when I looked it !@#$%!! WU  ruined my data too, it turned that my location is at Phumi Athen, Cambodia while the MAP shows right on my country. how dissapointing to WU, and im sure many of my co-members here in wxforum must see their WU-forecasts now to aware them LOL  :evil:

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 09:04:11 AM »
I said it here many times, if you can avoid WU do it.  It is extremely unreliable and support is useless

And I don't remember a week with no problems

Offline WeatherHost

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2017, 09:13:51 AM »
I said it here many times, if you can avoid WU do it.  It is extremely unreliable and support is useless

Yeah, but when we say things like that, the WU Fanboys get all 'oootsie' and start having coniptions.

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2017, 09:15:31 AM »
Yes but I think that the number of these fans is getting lower and lower

Offline Cutty Sark Sailor

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Frankfort Weather - TwinHollies WeatherCenter
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2017, 10:03:53 AM »

Been sayin' it for years,... short rant. :twisted: duh.

Offline pimohdaimaoh

• Forecaster
    • PIMOHWEATHER
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2017, 10:28:41 AM »

Yes I will leave WU if theres any script here that can create 7 day forecast or more forecasts similar to WU-forecast but in self cache or json made, like weather trends of jim murry for example I will, but so far in my long research ive never seen such scripts so far, Ived seen NWS service, but only for US and Europe and ASIA is not yet implemented there unlike WU,Sir Ken of Saratoga recently made advforecast versions to support NWS users which most of them leaving WU because NWS so far is stable, well bad to me becasue WU only supports whole world that advforcast script2.php version only works for WXSIM and NWS which is my problem :(
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 10:46:05 AM by pimohdaimaoh »

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
    • My PWS at Leuven Belgium Europe
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2017, 10:55:44 AM »

Yes I will leave WU if theres any script here that can create 7 day forecast or more forecasts similar to WU-forecast but in self cache or json made, like weather trends of jim murry for example I will, but so far in my long research ive never seen such scripts so far, Ived seen NWS service, but only for US and Europe and ASIA is not yet implemented there unlike WU,Sir Ken of Saratoga recently made advforecast versions to support NWS users which most of them leaving WU because NWS so far is stable, well bad to me becasue WU only supports whole world that advforcast script2.php version only works for WXSIM and NWS which is my problem :(

Met.no
supports "supports whole world"  using latitude/longitude http://www.weerstation-leuven.be/wsmetno3/demo.php?lang=en
You only have to use your latitude/longitude to customize the script

Yr.no supports "supports whole world" using country/area/city http://www.weerstation-leuven.be/wsyrnofct/demo.php?lang=en
So the only thing you need is your area as used for https://www.yr.no/place/Philippines/Manila/Quezon_City/

And there are multiple different script authors for both met.no and yr.no forecasts

These and other scripts are available at http://www.weerstation-leuven.be/  => tab Leuven PHP scripts for use on your own website:

Wim
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 11:37:04 AM by wvdkuil »

Offline pimohdaimaoh

• Forecaster
    • PIMOHWEATHER
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2017, 11:04:22 AM »

Met.no
supports "supports whole world"  using latitude/longitude http://www.weerstation-leuven.be/wsmetno3/demo.php?lang=en
You only have to use your latitude/longitude to customize the script

Yr.no supports "supports whole world" using country/area/city http://www.weerstation-leuven.be/wsyrnofct/demo.php?lang=en
So the only thing you need is your area as used for https://www.yr.no/place/Philippines/Manila/Quezon_City/

And there are multiple different script authors for both met.no and yr.no forecasts

These and other scripts are available at http://www.weerstation-leuven.be/  => tab Leuven PHP scripts for use on your own website:

Wim

Wim

Oh I didnt seen this I thought this one also uses WU forecast, well I will try this, Thank You for the source, maybe this will easy to avoid of misleading WU- data mess.

Regards

Mike
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 11:18:06 AM by pimohdaimaoh »

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2017, 11:22:51 AM »

Oh I didnt seen this I thought this one also uses WU forecast, well I will try this, Thank You for the source, maybe this will easy to avoid of misleading WU- data mess.

Regards

Mike
This one is yr.no for your city  http://www.weerstation-leuven.be/wsyrnofct/demoFull2.php?lang=en  including the explanations.

You can customise everything, colors,  icons, use only the parts you want, combine everything to one small tabbed area to fit on your main-page or use all items separate on one large page.  Default it will use the width of the available area,

Wim
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 11:37:54 AM by wvdkuil »

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2017, 12:48:27 PM »
My template supports forecasts (global) from:
- WU
- Darksky
- yr.No
- Yahoo
And a few others, but the above are all global.

Offline pimohdaimaoh

• Forecaster
    • PIMOHWEATHER
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2017, 01:07:22 PM »

Regards

Mike
This one is yr.no for your city  http://www.weerstation-leuven.be/wsyrnofct/demoFull2.php?lang=en  including the explanations.

You can customise everything, colors,  icons, use only the parts you want, combine everything to one small tabbed area to fit on your main-page or use all items separate on one large page.  Default it will use the width of the available area,

Wim

cool template, Im now reviewing this and try to embed, best to use this as additives for 7-8 day forecast, at least more than WU viewers can both view forecast in between so I could tab this as Yr.No forecast and WU forecast for both available on my site for good. Thanks again for this, currently studying its scripts then trials and errors then publish in the end.

Question: "is there a way to send my clientraw to that site to appear directly from yr.No? then I will use the ID number that produced there and to create forecast that the data comes from my weather station? since yr.No recieves weather data from different weather stations, I guess and hope I could sent my data there like WU, my WD sending clientraw to WU and I use its 7 day forecast produced from my data at WU?"
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 01:14:01 PM by pimohdaimaoh »

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2017, 01:24:12 PM »
I think you should read a bit how these things work - read how the various templates work, read what yr.no (no you cannot send data there) is etc.

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2017, 03:14:11 PM »

. . . shortened . . .
cool template, Im now reviewing this and try to embed, best to use this as additives for 7-8 day forecast, at least more than WU viewers can both view forecast in between so I could tab this as Yr.No forecast and WU forecast for both available on my site for good. Thanks again for this, currently studying its scripts then trials and errors then publish in the end.

Question: "is there a way to send my clientraw to that site to appear directly from yr.No? then I will use the ID number that produced there and to create forecast that the data comes from my weather station? since yr.No recieves weather data from different weather stations, I guess and hope I could sent my data there like WU, my WD sending clientraw to WU and I use its 7 day forecast produced from my data at WU?"
Template
At your site http://pimohweather.webutu.com/ you are using the Saratoga-Template.
There are others, such as mine (Leuven) or Jáchym's (Meteotemplate).
But for this post: => Saratoga.

Add-on scripts:
At your current template you should add scripts for yr.no or other forecasts which are compatible with your Saratoga-Template.

There are hundreds of them, for yr.no forecasts at least three totally different ones.
I would prefer mine, but to be honest, mine is dull, this one has a more sophisticated interface : https://www.nordicweather.net/phpscripts.php?en

All those forecast scripts can often run stand-alone (=without a template environment), which makes installing and testing easier. After you are satisfied with the stand-alone results, you should then integrate them with  your Saratoga-Template.

Forecasts:
Forecasts from WU, Yr.no HWA, EWN, NWS  and ALL others are not based on your private stations data.
That is impossible as the forecast  engine needs tons of data and very large computer installations.

They all use all data available and all of them use each other forecasts models to check and compare.

So there is no use, even no possibillity  of sending your data to Yr.no or NWS  or other large forecast providers.

WU, EWN and some others use your data to fine-tune their forecasts and to learn how their forecasts differ from the measurements later-on.

All major forecast use a grid of  x miles by x miles for making a forecast. They are not making a forecast for every house on the earth but for every so many square miles. The forecasts differ not that much in most cases, generally speaking.

Their is one exception WXSIM:  that extra PC-program takes a standard forecast and then uses your past data to modify, fine tune the forecast for your private small area.

Current data on your website
Your clientraw and other data is displayed as current data and historical data.

Forecasts on your website
Your forecasts come from providers which look into the future and give their predictions. Could be any provider which you want.

As Jáchym said, their is a lot of reading to do in this interesting weather-scripting area.

Succes, Wim

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2017, 03:18:07 PM »

. . . shortened . . .

Template
At your site http://pimohweather.webutu.com/ you are using the Saratoga-Template.

Add-on scripts:
At your current template you should add scripts for yr.no or other forecasts which are compatible with your Saratoga-Template.

There are hundreds of them, for yr.no forecasts at least three totally different ones.
I would prefer mine, but to be honest, mine is dull, this one has a more sophisticated interface : https://www.nordicweather.net/phpscripts.php?en

All those forecast scripts can often run stand-alone (=without a template environment), which makes installing and testing easier. After you are satisfied with the stand-alone results, you should then integrate them with  your Saratoga-Template.

Forecasts:
Forecasts from WU, Yr.no HWA, EWN, NWS  and ALL others are not based on your private stations data.
That is impossible as the forecast  engine needs tons of data and very large computer installations.

They all use all data available and all of them use each other forecasts models to check and compare.

So there is no use, even no possibillity  of sending your data to Yr.no or NWS  or other large forecast providers.

WU, EWN and some others use your data to fine-tune their forecasts and to learn how their forecasts differ from the measurements later-on.

All major forecast use a grid of  x miles by x miles for making a forecast. They are not making a forecast for every house on the earth but for every so many square miles. The forecasts differ not that much in most cases, generally speaking.

Their is one exception WXSIM:  that extra PC-program takes a standard forecast and then uses your past data to modify, fine tune the forecast for your private small area.

Your forecasts come from providers which look into the future and give their predictions. Could be any provider which you want.

As Jáchym said, their is a lot of reading to do in this interesting weather-scripting area.

Succes, Wim

+1 for this absolutely exhaustive answer Wim!

Offline pimohdaimaoh

• Forecaster
    • PIMOHWEATHER
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2017, 12:53:03 AM »

. . . shortened . . .

Template

Add-on scripts:

Forecasts:

Succes, Wim

+2 for me

Offline pimohdaimaoh

• Forecaster
    • PIMOHWEATHER
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2017, 05:23:45 AM »
Its almost done, the problem I have to solve now is to add select option for different town on my country, not just only my place example selecting Quezon city or Makati, baguio etc.

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2017, 05:32:24 AM »
You cannot do this because it only works for one location. My scripts work the same. This is because of the fact yr.no requires use of caching and maximum of 1 request per 10 minutes. If you wanted to load several locations you would have to set the cache time to some higher number and the forecast would not be up to date. And choosing a city dynamically is also not possible because you would not be able to use caching at all - and yr.no would soon block your server if you were loading data from them way too often.

Read the Terms and Conditions of yr.no before using it.

Offline pimohdaimaoh

• Forecaster
    • PIMOHWEATHER
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2017, 06:47:26 AM »
You cannot do this because it only works for one location. My scripts work the same. This is because of the fact yr.no requires use of caching and maximum of 1 request per 10 minutes. If you wanted to load several locations you would have to set the cache time to some higher number and the forecast would not be up to date. And choosing a city dynamically is also not possible because you would not be able to use caching at all - and yr.no would soon block your server if you were loading data from them way too often.

in that case how can you explain this? http://sluispark.be/weather28/index.php?p=ws_yrno_page&lang=en
he used to make a dynamic selection of his yr.mo? so his server should be blocked? because he used yr.no's caches too many by flowing different towns?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 06:50:20 AM by pimohdaimaoh »

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2017, 07:03:26 AM »
I dont know, I never saw the code, theoretically you could use some kind of a function that would reload the data at variable times, always checking it did not load anything in the last 10 minutes, though this would be relatively complicated to implement.

The problem is that the Terms are only in Norwegien and the translation is not very good from Google, but this is what they have there:

- Du mĺ mellomlagre («cache») alle data i 10 minutt.

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2017, 07:19:39 AM »
Its almost done, the problem I have to solve now is to add select option for different town on my country, not just only my place example selecting Quezon city or Makati, baguio etc.
Maybe this will help?

Attached 3 adapted scripts from your previous download.

1. ALWAYS make a backup of the current folder first!
2. Unzip attachement
3. Replace the three scripts.

This will add multi selection to the stand-alone yr.no forecast script.

In an upcoming release these changes will be included a little more professional than this QAD version, but I think this is what you were looking for. Check the settings and add a reasonable amount of cities. Try not to compete with the yr.no site as they are so friendly to supply you free-of-charge with the forecasts.

The discussion about the use of the API is besides this topic, but as far as my Norwegian goes:
You are not allowed to re-load the same forecast to quickly => you have to cache.
And besides that, the forecast has  "valid until" and "new update available at" stamps, so loading to frequently is out of the question if you use those times.

Far more important as this reallyp*ss*s me off: When using someones script and asking for help, it is common decency to give the URL to the page. Not a  screenshot as that does not help to check the scripts and the settings.

Wim
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 07:25:16 AM by wvdkuil »

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2017, 07:20:30 AM »

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2017, 07:31:02 AM »

Offline weatherc

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2017, 08:00:16 AM »
This is because of the fact yr.no requires use of caching and maximum of 1 request per 10 minutes.

- Du mĺ mellomlagre («cache») alle data i 10 minutt.

One are allowed to load multple locations from yr.no. That cache-thing means in english "you should cache the result for 10 minutes" => you should not re-load same location too often. My EWN-script caches yr-responses for 2 hours and it loads thousands of locations per day. It caches them centralized on my server tought, so if there are say 10 user-scripts loading London in one hour are it requested from yr only once.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 08:04:07 AM by weatherc »

anything