Weather Station Hardware > Air Quality Sensors

If you own a PurpleAir

(1/6) > >>

mmorris:
 How about joining the Facebook page also Link

https://www.facebook.com/groups/purpleair/

They only have about 79 member make you wonder why as they have over 1300 sensor online. I don't see a link on there web site funny

DaleReid:
Spread the word, but perhaps there is a certain avoidance of FaceBook and other attempts to let a data-mining company shoulder the burden of hosting a comment site.

For example, a local newspaper recently decided to shut down it's web site for comments, shifting entirely to facebook and twitter and others for comments.   

That essentially cut out those of us with paid subscriptions to the paper who have weighed the risks and dangers of facebook with the convenience.

There are enormous helpful services that they dangle in front of users, especially for family who has spread across the world and yet all this free stuff comes with a price.

I, for one, think that having the forum exist on facebook excludes many who would otherwise participate but cannot since they choose not to be a facebook user.

I like forums like this one, for my two cents worth.

Just commenting, but I think your effort to get the Purple Air community talking and exchanging ideas and experiences is great.  I'm hoping to add that to my set up this summer.
Dale

mmorris:
I have also posted a link on the PurpleAir Facebook page back to this Forum. I don't know people think someone or something is trying to do them in. Well you all know by now if your on the web on a browser they got you. I Don't think Facebook is any worse then Amazon or any wal-mart or Home-depot or any Corp. web site if your worried now a days you shouldn't be on the Web.

tpkirkp:
Just joined wxforum today to see if I can find info on the PA-II I got last week.  Powers up and fans work.
I see the SSID on both win7 and Linux Mint (using WICD netwk mgr), but trying to connect just times out.
I also got a conflict btwn the mac addr Adrionics sent me and what came up on my ARRIS cable modem/router 2.4Ghz wifi config page.
The label on the PA-II and the email shows mac addr starting with '60' and the router shows '62', the rest of the addr being the same.
I sent 2 different support inquiries to purpleair, one via the website and the other direct to their support email addr.
Has any of the forum members had any issues connecting to a PA-II and what are the odds of getting a response from purpleair/adrionics?
I have $244 USD wrapped up in this thing and did a lot of prior research b4 buying it, and saw some early issues with the sensors, but most users
seem to have minimal issues with the install.
Thanks
-tim

tpkirkp:
Well, I finally got the PA-II up and running this PM with Adrian and Amanda's help from Purpleair.
It definitely wasn't easy.  Had to set up the WICD network manager on linux mint to connect to the AirMonitor_30ce SSID while I did a page re-load
on Chrome to 192.168.4.1 at the same time.  Finally got the page up to configure the wifi.  Now it's running on my 2.4Ghz network and I see it on the map.
Purpleair's install procedure needs some work.

-tim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version