Author Topic: Davis Instruments Monthly Summary  (Read 483 times)

Offline QMSI

Davis Instruments Monthly Summary
« on: July 24, 2018, 03:37:39 AM »
On the Monthly Summary there are two columns with the labels of HEAT and COOL

I have figures in mine that I cannot relate to anything.  For example, yesterday I had a HEAT of .3 and a COOL of 2.5.

What exactly do those figures relate to.  Words of one syllable would be appreciated  :grin:

Online Mattk

• Forecaster
Re: Davis Instruments Monthly Summary
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2018, 04:42:30 AM »
HEAT and COOL only? or are you actually referring to HEAT Degree Days & COOL Degree Days?

If so then Degree Days (D-D) is the difference between a user set base value for both Heat & Cool. See Reports> NOAA Setup. Defaults to 18.3 Deg until changed to user defined values 

Offline QMSI

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2018, 07:03:27 AM »
Thank you for the reply Mattk.  Yes I have other columns, I just didnt understand what Heat and Cool were trying to signify.  Not sure why I would want to set user base setting but if I did, does that mean that .3 is above what I would have set as normal and 2.5 below what I would set as normal

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2018, 10:10:13 AM »
The Weatherlink settings are made in the Reports NOAA Setup tab with the normals from your location.
Enjoy,Paul 

Offline QMSI

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2018, 11:06:34 AM »
Thank you for that PaulMy, I have set it up as advised, what does the integration bit mean. 
PS, my cousin lives near you in Milton.  I say close but that's how it looks to me!!!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 11:08:29 AM by QMSI »

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2018, 12:14:16 PM »
Thank you for that PaulMy, I have set it up as advised, what does the integration bit mean. 
PS, my cousin lives near you in Milton.  I say close but that's how it looks to me!!!

http://www.degreedays.net/calculation 
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2018, 12:27:50 PM »
@QSMI,Where in Milton?
Our daughter and family live in Milton, 160 km from us so we are there often, and we were there for the weekend looking after grandkids while parents were away.
Enjoy,Paul

anything